• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

LonelyTV

LonelyTV

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

New to insanelymac, but are you guys able to boot OS X on the SP3 with OS X installed on the microSD slot/card? I also want to confirm that Bluetooth is working on the SP3 with OS X.

I haven't tried installing Os X on a MicroSD card so I can't say. I am able to boot it from the SSD. Bluetooth SHOULD work following the fix on JahStories' tutorial. I never had the chance to try it out though.

mckenzba

mckenzba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello guys

I got my Surface Pro 3 a couple of weeks ago and decided to have a go at installing OS X on my device. Having learned that the touchscreen is N-Trig based and that touch-base doesn't currently provide driver support, I decided to contact them to see if we can work out a solution to get driver support for the Pro 3.

After a few email exchanges we found out that Microsoft had switched from using an USB HID interface to an I2C HID interface for the Pro 3. Since this is the case, unfortunately, developing a proper driver for the Pro 3 will be a lot more involved.

Due to the more involved process, touch-base would need to be loaned a Pro 3 for a couple of months to develop a proper driver. With that said, is there anyone willing to take the plunge? :lol:  :)

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy