help for a beginner on sony vaio notebook

droyd

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum but I had always been interested to the hackintosh project.

Here's the topic...I've got a sony vaio model vpcF11m1e, the year 2010 series(launched in may 2010)....First of all I don't know nothing about the compatibility(I've not found information about my type of Pc in the forum)...Please can you help me, telling me if the pc's spec could be compatible with mac os X?

Here's the spec

CPU: intel core i5 520 dual core

gpu: nvidia geforce 330(1gb dedicated)

RAM: ddr3 4gb

Graphic interface: PCI-express

please if you could check this, and if the specs are compatible, advise me about which distribution of OS X would runs better according to you?

P.S. I've checked the same period's(may 2010) macbook pro and I've found a pair of models with almost the same specs of my pc(excepts for gpu memory of 512mb)

thanks for all the help you'll give me

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum but I had always been interested to the hackintosh project.

Here's the topic...I've got a sony vaio model vpcF11m1e, the year 2010 series(launched in may 2010)....First of all I don't know nothing about the compatibility(I've not found information about my type of Pc in the forum)...Please can you help me, telling me if the pc's spec could be compatible with mac os X?

Here's the spec

CPU: intel core i5 520 dual core

gpu: nvidia geforce 330(1gb dedicated)

RAM: ddr3 4gb

Graphic interface: PCI-express

please if you could check this, and if the specs are compatible, advise me about which distribution of OS X would runs better according to you?

P.S. I've checked the same period's(may 2010) macbook pro and I've found a pair of models with almost the same specs of my pc(excepts for gpu memory of 512mb)

thanks for all the help you'll give me

I think your vaio is compatible with hackintosh. Mine has almost the same configs as yours... you have to try to really see if it is gonna work.. Try niresh distro.. I think it is the easiest one to start with.

See you.

I think your vaio is compatible with hackintosh. Mine has almost the same configs as yours... you have to try to really see if it is gonna work.. Try niresh distro.. I think it is the easiest one to start with.

See you.

Thanks for the interest and please, may I ask you to link some guide about the method you've reported(niresh distro) if , you really think that's the easiest way to start for a noob like me :)