[MSI GT70 2PE] Can't cleaning DSDT in aml

Whit3Spirit

16 posts in this topic

EDIT : Working https://www.dropbox.com/s/hl2hmat9nrz7ldq/working%20DSDT.aml

Hi all !

I can't make a clean version of DSDT...

- I have extracted my DSDT with aida

- decompile it with iasl :"/Applications/MaciASL\ 1.3.app/Contents/MacOS/iasl5 -d /Users/Gus/Desktop/acpi_dsdt.bin"
- make a clean version in .dsl with 0 error

But when i compil it in aml, i have 2 errors in _L1E and clover won't boot because in my boot log, i have : "IOAPIC : Version 0x20 Vectors 64:07"

link :

acpi_dsdt.bin
 -->

acpi_dsdt.dsl

-->

acpi_dsdt.aml

specs :

http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GT70_2PE_Dominator_Pro.html#hero-specification

If one can help me ? RehabMan ?

Hi all !

I can't make a clean version of DSDT...

- I have extracted my DSDT with aida

- decompile it with iasl :"/Applications/MaciASL\ 1.3.app/Contents/MacOS/iasl5 -d /Users/Gus/Desktop/acpi_dsdt.bin"

- make a clean version in .dsl with 0 error

But when i compil it in aml, i have 2 errors in _L1E and clover won't boot because in my boot log, i have : "IOAPIC : Version 0x20 Vectors 64:07"

link :

acpi_dsdt.bin

-->

acpi_dsdt.dsl

-->

acpi_dsdt.aml

specs :

http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GT70_2PE_Dominator_Pro.html#hero-specification

If one can help me ? RehabMan ?

This is going to sound familiar...

Extract all DSDT/SSDT using Linux (/sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic)

Place in a single directory.

From that directory, use a recent build of iasl to disassemble all at once:

iasl -da *
Then work with the resulting *.dsl.
  • Like 1

DSDT working ! Tx rehab but my problem persist ...

IOAPIC : Version 0x20 Vectors 64:07
help please ?

I don't know what the issue is. You have not described it here. By simply replacing the native DSDT with an extracted/re-compiled DSDT, you should not expect any change. It is, after all, the same code.

i have a DSDT of another Lapop finding on the net but the specs of this laptop are not very similar to mine but it's working on my laptop...

So I thought it came from my DSDT but no...

I really have no idea on a way around the problem.

i have a DSDT of another Lapop finding on the net but the specs of this laptop are not very similar to mine but it's working on my laptop...

So I thought it came from my DSDT but no...

I really have no idea on a way around the problem.

It is bad idea to use a DSDT from another computer.

Still no description of the problem....

But i don't now where is the problem Rehab...

I just know that after IOAPIC in the boot log there is "ACPI : C4 C5 C6 C7" but i don't have this.

The problem come from ACPI i think.

Yet when I'm not in verbose mode I get the impression that loading is done correctly.

Under chameleon, i have the same problem. Stuck at IOAPIC or just before loading of chameleon : EBIOS error 0x0 Block 0x0,...

Do you have an idea of where is the problem ?

I have try to rolllback the AppleACPIPlatform.kext, to clean my DSDT with the last Bios installed, try to reinstall the EC firmware, try with an ATA kext,... No solutions... :cry:

• Like 1

But i don't now where is the problem Rehab...

I just know that after IOAPIC in the boot log there is "ACPI : C4 C5 C6 C7" but i don't have this.

The problem come from ACPI i think.

Yet when I'm not in verbose mode I get the impression that loading is done correctly.

Under chameleon, i have the same problem. Stuck at IOAPIC or just before loading of chameleon : EBIOS error 0x0 Block 0x0,...

Do you have an idea of where is the problem ?

I have try to rolllback the AppleACPIPlatform.kext, to clean my DSDT with the last Bios installed, try to reinstall the EC firmware, try with an ATA kext,... No solutions... :cry:

You should probably post a quality photo of the entire screen. The last message is not always the key to understanding what is wrong.

i also had such a problem(same error info with Clover) but it was solved by removing the _DSM in the NVDIA Graphic part of SSDT(by using the patch of Rehabman). have a try if you haven't do this part

but i'm not sure if it's the same problem, it could be some conflicts in your DSDT

tx, i report if it's worked

i also had such a problem(same error info with Clover) but it was solved by removing the _DSM in the NVDIA Graphic part of SSDT(by using the patch of Rehabman). have a try if you haven't do this part

but i'm not sure if it's the same problem, it could be some conflicts in your DSDT

Where is this fix ? on his git repo ?

I have found one error in a method called FUNC on the SSDT of my Nvidia graphic card that call PEGP._DSM and i have removed it. But that's not my problem because computer stuck at IOAPIC [...] still...

:wallbash:

probably you should also try to reorder the SSDT-x...

as i said here in your post : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295584-disabling-nvidia-optimus-card-on-all-laptops/?p=2033651

my NVDIA graphic part of SSDT (which is SSDT-1) should be loaded later than the Intel graphic part(which is SSDT-3). so i rename the SSDT-1 to SSDT-4. 

the order of SSDT matters indeed, ( see our discussion in your post ) , but i'm still not sure if it's the fault by the vendor of bios or i haven't resolved some problems hided.... 

and you can also merge all the SSDTs into DSDT(that's what i have done before, but it's relative annoying.. and Rehabman doesn't recommend this). Merging may solve your problem, at least works for me...(and also with merging i found why the order of SSDTs matters :P)