Asus P8Z77-V , OSX 10.9 Installation issue.

...{v}...

20 posts in this topic

Ok

I created the USB using MyHack this time . I got the same issue

So I tried

-v -x npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No

It worked I installed it but after installation . When it start up in -v I got this message every time

http://i.imgur.com/jkuozSnb.jpg

After that I tried

-v -x -s GraphicsEnabler=No

Booting in safe mode works fine . So I installed Chameleon Boot-loader . When it boots normally I get this error

http://i.imgur.comHVRvetc.jpg

I used both settings iGPU and PCI in BIOS . iGPU with 64 MB . Every time it stuck there .

Hello!

Try to add your system board ID from SMBios in the infoplist of  AppleGraphicsControl.Kext/Contents/Plugings/AppleGraphicsDeviicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist as last line of the Configmap with the other models in this way:

<key>Mac-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</key>             
                <string>none</string>

Chanche xxxxxxx with your digits.

Have fun.

I use this tutorial  to create a USB for 10.9.3

In that I used SMBIOS iMac 13,2

Edited AppleGraphicsControl.Kext/Contents/Plugings/AppleGraphicsDeviicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Added 

<key>Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4</key>

<string>none</string>

Still stuck 

Even now -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 is not working to install .

Hello!

Try to set PCIRootUID=0 or 1 and npci=0x2000 or 0x1000 in varios combinations. You should also try to set nv_disable=1.

On most Asus mainboards is common for PCIRootUID=0, the default value of Chaemelon.

Have fun.

As you point out while at the same time suggesting to use it (???) PCI Root override is not necessary on his board.

nv_disable=1 is nowhere to be found in the "official" version of Chameleon:
http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/HEAD/trunk/i386/boot2/boot.h

The correct flag is SkipNvidiaGfx=Yes if he wants to use GraphicsEnabler for the HD4000 and ignore the nvidia card.

If he wants to use HD4000 and the nvidia card, the HD4000 must be set as primary display device in the BIOS.

I am using Intel HD 4000 which is enabled as igpu 64 MB in BIOS

SkipNvidiaGfx=Yes does not work either.

Still stuck after Missing Bluetooth Controller which I am sure after that Graphics is next. Althought booting in safe mode mode is working fine for me .

Yes, the BIOS settings are the same on my board (P8Z77-V Pro, same CPU as you).

Disable render standby as well, it's not needed since you won't be using the HD4000.

If it still doesn't work then the problem is not BIOS settings, because then you'll have the same settings as I do.