ALC892 Audio?

LaserFrost

13 posts in this topic

I'm trying to get ALC892 audio to work on my ASUS P8Z77-V LK. I attached my DSDT, which I have tried with layout 1 and layout 4. I made the DSDT with MaciASL and patched it to my motherboard. I have also tried to use HDAEnabler1 and 4 without a DSDT, but still no avail. The AppleHDA I'm using is from this thread. The enablers I was using are also from that thread. I made sure to install with Kext Utility so permissions are correct and the kextcache is rebuilt. Is there anything else I can try? I'm sure it's possible since I had it working with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] on my previous 10.8 install.

DSDT.zip

Try the Hackintosh Vietnam Tool on Niresh's site. ALC892 works well in mavericks and below. And VoodooHDA for Yosemite. (Use HDA x.x.4 not x.x.5 because there is a mic feedback issue

Try the Hackintosh Vietnam Tool on Niresh's site. ALC892 works well in mavericks and below. And VoodooHDA for Yosemite. (Use HDA x.x.4 not x.x.5 because there is a mic feedback issue

VoodooHDA 2.x.4 worked for me. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've updated to Yosemite DP5 and there's a weird problem of the audio working sometimes and sometimes not. I have VoodooHDA preinstalled. (I've upgraded from Niresh Mavericks to Yosemite directly). How do I get it working? I'm a newbie in hackintosh scene. Also had issues with the usb devices not working. Deleted the HPET kext but still had no change.

My specs are

Sony Vaio Laptop

Intel i3 2.49 Ghz

2GB RAM

Intel HD 3000 Graphics Onboard

I've updated to Yosemite DP5 and there's a weird problem of the audio working sometimes and sometimes not. I have VoodooHDA preinstalled. (I've upgraded from Niresh Mavericks to Yosemite directly). How do I get it working? I'm a newbie in hackintosh scene. Also had issues with the usb devices not working. Deleted the HPET kext but still had no change.

My specs are

Sony Vaio Laptop

Intel i3 2.49 Ghz

2GB RAM

Intel HD 3000 Graphics Onboard

I had this same problem when I updated to DP5. You have to go into System Preferences > Sound > Output and then change it to Line-out (Green Rear)

I had this same problem when I updated to DP5. You have to go into System Preferences > Sound > Output and then change it to Line-out (Green Rear)

I tried the Fix Sound option in clover DSDT masking section and booted and I got sound working. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence but I'll try your method and let you know if it worked for me :)