InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Hackintoshing (DUH)
    Building PC's
Picture:
https://www.dropbox.... 9 38 16 AM.jpg

Hey guys, I have searched and ventured all of the English forums of the world in search of a solution. I am aware that it's a graphics kext unable to load. But, every single thread I see has to do with an intel graphics kext. I use an EVGA GTX 760.

Note: I had it running earlier, but I deleted the efi partition by accident in recovery mode. [Long story].

Anyways I am running into this issue with my ML install, my Mavericks install, and my Yosemite install. The install goes by perfectly but I can't boot to it. I really want to use Yosemite and not my ML or mavericks drives. But I can boot from a Mavericks backup (but mavericks is not ideal to use)

Does anyone have a possible solution for my build?

Build
Core i3-4220 [Temporary] [Normally an i7]
Corsair 1000W PSU
MSI-ZH77A-G43
EVGA GTX 760
Corsair LINK

Oh, and I would have made backups, but CCC won't let itself run on 10.10

dcai777

dcai777

BAZINGA!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Interests:Hacking your Hackintosh

You have GE=Yes or no?

try dart=0, and maybe use clover?

shad0whack3r

shad0whack3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
    Building PC's

You have GE=Yes or no?

I am already using clover. How do I use ge?

shad0whack3r

shad0whack3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
    Building PC's

You have GE=Yes or no?

I am already using clover. How do I use ge?

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,695 posts

GraphicsEnabler=Yes, in chameleon use this flag.

InjectNVidia=Yes, in clover.

shad0whack3r

shad0whack3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
    Building PC's

GraphicsEnabler=Yes, in chameleon use this flag.

InjectNVidia=Yes, in clover.

Thanks, trying it now...

EDIT: nothing... I am fed up with this. I have had it before, but a reboot got rid of it for good... UGG. Thanks anyways, any other solutions?

MiniHack

MiniHack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 630 posts

Thanks, trying it now...

EDIT: nothing... I am fed up with this. I have had it before, but a reboot got rid of it for good... UGG. Thanks anyways, any other solutions?

One thing you can try is setting  the graphics output in bios that you want to use as secondary. EG if you want to use HDMI and you have HDMI and DP then set DP as primary and connect up HDMI to your monitor. Or if you have choice of internal/external - and you want to use external then set the output as "internal". I know this sounds ridiculous, but it seems to be a bug in DP1 that has affected some of us (which the update has now solved).

Of course, this may not help you, but then again maybe it will….. must be worth trying.

shad0whack3r

shad0whack3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
    Building PC's

One thing you can try is setting the graphics output in bios that you want to use as secondary. EG if you want to use HDMI and you have HDMI and DP then set DP as primary and connect up HDMI to your monitor. Or if you have choice of internal/external - and you want to use external then set the output as "internal". I know this sounds ridiculous, but it seems to be a bug in DP1 that has affected some of us (which the update has now solved).

Of course, this may not help you, but then again maybe it will….. must be worth trying.

Well thanks, I didn't get a fix using that method, but I have something new. In single user I fixed NVDAStartup.kext but now it won't load. I'm guessing that's the issue. I guess if it's solved I will just backup this broken installation and get my DP2 download code. Thank you. I'm going to try dp2 now

Buckeyes1995

Buckeyes1995

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Picture:
https://www.dropbox.... 9 38 16 AM.jpg

Hey guys, I have searched and ventured all of the English forums of the world in search of a solution. I am aware that it's a graphics kext unable to load. But, every single thread I see has to do with an intel graphics kext. I use an EVGA GTX 760.

Note: I had it running earlier, but I deleted the efi partition by accident in recovery mode. [Long story].

Anyways I am running into this issue with my ML install, my Mavericks install, and my Yosemite install. The install goes by perfectly but I can't boot to it. I really want to use Yosemite and not my ML or mavericks drives. But I can boot from a Mavericks backup (but mavericks is not ideal to use)

Does anyone have a possible solution for my build?

Build
Core i3-4220 [Temporary] [Normally an i7]
Corsair 1000W PSU
MSI-ZH77A-G43
EVGA GTX 760
Corsair LINK

Oh, and I would have made backups, but CCC won't let itself run on 10.10

After installing from the USB stick, reboot into single user mode.

- create a /System/Library/Extensions/backup

- move all of the NVDA*, GeForce*, AMD*, AppleIntelHD*, and AppleIntelFrame* kexts to backup.

- reboot.  This should allow you to boot into Yosemite and complete setup.

- Using Finder, copy the NVDA* and GeForce* kexts back into /System/Library/Extensions

- reboot

You should be good now.

shad0whack3r

shad0whack3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
    Building PC's

After installing from the USB stick, reboot into single user mode.

- create a /System/Library/Extensions/backup
- move all of the NVDA*, GeForce*, AMD*, AppleIntelHD*, and AppleIntelFrame* kexts to backup.
- reboot. This should allow you to boot into Yosemite and complete setup.
- Using Finder, copy the NVDA* and GeForce* kexts back into /System/Library/Extensions
- reboot

You should be good now.

Ok, so I tried and it seems to work. I just don't know yet because FakeSMC.kext is messing up so I posted a thread about that. I'll get back to you ASAP.

Thank you for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy