Continuity

darat

21 posts in this topic

Hi,

has anybody got Continuity to work? I have a BT 4.0 Adapter (GBU521W6). Bluetooth in System Information reads:

Bluetooth Low Energy Supported: Yes
 Continuity Supported:           No
 AirDrop Supported:              No

So I'm wondering what else I could try. Everything of iCloud is working (Messages, Facetime, ...). I'm on Yosemite DP2 and iOS 8 beta 2 on an iPhone 5.

Thanks in advanve,

darat

Can someone try Andy's fake Apple Bluetooth kext with a Bluetooth 4.0 dongle and see what it says in System Information? You'd probably need to change the fake id to one of the newer Broadcom chips.

From a MacRumours poster:

It's not enough to stick the USB dongle in and check system preferences...

You have to tell OSX to use the external Bluetooth dongle as the main device. This is done in Terminal via the command:

sudo nvram bluetoothHostControllerSwitchBehavior="always"

• Like 1

sudo nvram bluetoothHostControllerSwitchBehavior="always"

Tried this and restarted, but this doesn't change anything.

Can someone try Andy's fake Apple Bluetooth kext with a Bluetooth 4.0 dongle and see what it says in System Information? You'd probably need to change the fake id to one of the newer Broadcom chips.

Also no success :(

Maybe the reason is that is thread is about the 2045/2046 chipset and my dongle has the 20702A3 chipset.

@napsack: Thanks for the link. Now I'm relieved that I'm not the only one with this problem!

• 2 weeks later...

update:

bcm94352 at mini PCIe port works fine with new Airdrop and handoff, but not stable though. And under system info, it says handoff and continuity unsupported. But in fact all work fine. Skvo also did some rest with similar result.

Hope it will help you guys.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

hi, lisai9093 i have the bcm4352 with mini pcie adapter, can you tell me how you made it work? i can't even connect to internet with wireless, it found the network but when it try to connect says connection timeout. Can you link a working kext for yosemite please?

hi, lisai9093 i have the bcm4352 with mini pcie adapter, can you tell me how you made it work? i can't even connect to internet with wireless, it found the network but when it try to connect says connection timeout. Can you link a working kext for yosemite please?

use these kexts, and the native 80211 stack.  put them in /S/L/E and reboot.  if you need 5Ghz as well, do a search for toledaARPT and go to his page for the patch,

HBP

wifi_enabler.zip

hi, thank you for reply, i tried to update to dp5 and installed your kext but nothing. It tries to connect to the network for a while and at the end it says connection timeout.

U need dsdt patch for working wifi, no kext modification is required. Just google it, better using skvo's version

hi, i'm pretty noob but i think i can't patch dsdt with my board that use osmosis but i'm not sure.. however at the end i found a way, with command prompt i change to imac14.2 and now, with previous mods, wifi works and i think also the 5ghz. Now the problem is bluetooth becouse it seems to work but it can't find my iphone with ios 8 beta. Any tips?

sorry, don't know how but now bluetooth can find my iphone, the problem now is that after linked the phone and OSx, they disconnected instantly. Also if i try to connect them from the iphone, it says that the mac isn't supported. Do you have working airdrop and handoff?

I have a USB Bluetooth adapter that fits all of the requirements, but still doesn't allow me to enable handoff/continuity. So I have given up and ordered a mini-pcie to pcie adapter with Apple Broadcom wifi/Bluetooth adapter and going to give that a go.

yes you Can patch DSDT with Ozmosis, its just in a different spot then clovers, it's in the EFI/EFI/Quo/Acpi/Load

HBP

thx, but i tried that folder and it's empty, however as i sayd with the kext modification bluetooth and wifi now works, i just can't connect it to the iphone

thx, but i tried that folder and it's empty, however as i sayd with the kext modification bluetooth and wifi now works, i just can't connect it to the iphone

that is where you Put your DSDT, not where one is located. most of the patches are already applied but there are a few that you need to customize per your board

HBP