Yosemite DP2

TIMMAYOSX

38 posts in this topic

I fixed my problem, idk what it was, just reinstalled Yosemite, and straight updated to DP2 works fine so far. Also i see they fixed bugs in Safari yay :)

Ughh... I don't want to re-install. I may have to do a special backup while I play with developer previews like once did. Still no luck getting past the freezing on  /etc/rc.installer_cleanup.

Same xpcproxy error with Chameleon r2380 V3.

The solution is to perform the update and reboot the OS ONLY with Clover. I made my first attemp trying to boot with Chameleon r2377 V2.1 and it fails forcing me to re-install Yosemite. On second try and with another Hackintosh, I follow the Clover booting method and it works. I was thinking that once the update was complete, I could go back to Chameleon but it's still the same.

So I'm afraid to say that Chameleon is still unable to boot DP2 (DP1 though is OK so far)

Solved by deleting AppleTyMCEDriver, installing newer VoodooHDA, rebuilding kextscache and ta da... booted from DP2 install on App Store. Everything working good so far. I haven't tried dark mode yet.

I manually loaded FakeSMC.kext again and now it's freezing on /etc/rc.server and /etc/rc.installer_cleanup (both not found).

• Like 2

@redneck

I'm afraid I can't help you because my understanding of Clover configuration is o close to 0. :wallbash::hammer:

I had to try a lot of times to access the desktop. Boot process seems OK (no KP, no hangs, drivers successfully loaded etc.) but for an unexplainable reason, I got instant reboot when getting to the desktop. Sometimes it works with no problems, some others, it fails.

My only advice is keep trying :unsure: and try to get the correct config.plist !

If you're having issues with XPCPROXY, you only have to change the "mach_kernel" file inside your HDD's root folder with this attached file.

This error is caused because the kernel is updated to 14.0.0

(Of course, it only works with Chameleon  :D )

• Like 1

This is the right way to rebuild caches:

Boot into yosemite using boot arg:  kext-dev-mode=1

Repair permissions then, rebuild caches:

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*
sudo chown root:admin /
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

{censored}, again Yosemite makes me a bit of trouble, idk how to investigate that problem. So after everything's been loaded, and i need to get to login screen, my monitor goes black and is searching for source. It's so weird that it started happening again since i got a somewhat stable DP2 i wonder what could've change with drivers.

Finally solved the xpcproxy on my HP 7700. I created 2 Partitions.

restored Yosemite.dmg  dp1 on both.

Name Yosemite1 and Yosemite2 , no spaces in the name.

Download the update. installed DP2 on Yosemite2.

Boot to Yosemite1

In the terminal on Yosemite1 

How to Repair permissions then, rebuild caches: 

in terminal run each command 

sudo diskutil repairPermissions /Volumes/Yosemite2

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

sudo kextcache -system-caches

Boot into yosemite2 using boot arg:  kext-dev-mode=1   

no xcopyproxy and can repair permissions in Utility