Yosemite DP2

TIMMAYOSX

38 posts in this topic

Just so people know, I bit the bullet and did the DP2 update via software update, and it installed and rebooted without any issues.  YMMV but I do think most people will not have many issues with this.

If course, re-apply your audio kext and whatever else you need to do after the update.

Note: It did take me two tries to install the update however.  The first time it asked me to reboot (to install), it did reboot but never installed anything.  I had to go back into the software update and press the reboot button again, this time it installed properly without any further complications.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Successfully updated, had a couple errors, but that's probably because my /Applications and /Users folders are on a separate drive. Managed to get it installed though, Dark Mode is looking good, but needs some work before I use it often :P

• Like 1

@methamp did u rebuild kext caches?

kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

that worked for me.

As for GraphicsInjector not working for me, problem is in GeForce kexts. Once i unloaded kexts i got into OS, tried updating to latest drivers, it didnt work sadly. Does anyone have problems like this with Fermi cards?

kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext/caches/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

that worked for me.

As for GraphicsInjector not working for me, problem is in GeForce kexts. Once i unloaded kexts i got into OS, tried updating to latest drivers, it didnt work sadly. Does anyone have problems like this with Fermi cards?

Yes, and that didn't change anything. :-/

I sure hope this issue can be resolved because DP2 fixes several bugs that have been hitting me (namely shade issues with Safari, and performance in Parallels).  Are you guys using Clover, or Chameleon?  I am personally using Clover.

Problems here with DP2. Follow the instruction that system requires reboot to install the update. The progress bar gets about halfway across then I get a reboot. I get back to the Login screen but I'm still on the original DP1. I have no Idea whats happening. Has anyone got any ideas.

By the way I'm using Clover 2695

Problems here with DP2. Follow the instruction that system requires reboot to install the update. The progress bar gets about halfway across then I get a reboot. I get back to the Login screen but I'm still on the original DP1. I have no Idea whats happening. Has anyone got any ideas.

By the way I'm using Clover 2695

With Chameleon bootloader not have any problem with DP2 update.. :hysterical:

I'm using Clover. Before DP2 my bluetooth would would work perfectly (which never worked before) along with my wifi (Atheros AR9285). After DP2 bluetooth is not available. Back to using a dongle :(

Any hints on what it could be?

kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

that worked for me.

Where should I put this command as I can't boot?

I tried in single user mode and I'm getting a error Cannot lock ... Unknow error (44c) , I did mount the partition as rw.

Can you help me?