Please help with hackintosh installation

Ozfer

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys I am trying to build a hackintosh and my system is completely together but I am running into issues installing mac os x onto it.

I have a intel i7-4930k, currently only have 8GB of 32GB of DDR3 ram installed, a 500GB samsung SSD EVO, ati R9 280x, and a asrock x79 extreme 4 motherboard.

I am trying to get Mac os 10.9 Mavericks onto this computer and so far everything I have tried will not work. When I try Niresh 10.9 no matter what boot commands I use (cpus=1 npci=0x2000 -v -s pci root uid or graphicsenabler to true or false) it never works. It starts loading on the first page and then when it would normally go to the apple logo page the screen turns black and it stops there. Nothing happens after this. I can tell its not a graphics problem because the system stops booting at that point it doesn't continue loading without video. I have also tried using clover with 10.9 and it gets to telling me what my device UID is and then the keyboard and mouse turn off and the system hangs and it stops loading.

Just for the heck of it I tried with 10.8 Niresh and that would also freeze and not load. I tried with 10.7 and that would not load. I have no idea how to make this work as I have seen other people with the same motherboard say it works, the same cpu and say it works, and the same gpu and say that works and the boot commands make no difference. Any help would be appreciated!

Sure, I will try to help you.

I have spent over two months trying to get Mavericks loaded onto my EX58-UD5 board. I tried myHack and doing a manual install using Disk Utility to load Mavericks onto a USB without much luck.  I then remembered an old friend who hangs out around here. Digital_dreamer has a scripted installer that I just used to load both Mavericks and Mountain Lion onto two different 500 GB hard drives. It uses Chameleon 2.2 as a boot loader and I have already converted the mavericks boot loader to Clover

Do you understand what boot loaders are and why they are needed?

First, I would never use Niresh to load an OS because there are problems upgrading versions. Loading a real version of Mountain Lion to a USB is easy, once you understand how.

My most success has been using the Hackinstaller provided by digital_dreamer. It builds the USB first and loads the operating system and then installs the boot loader onto your disk drive.

You have need to have a working version of MacOS  at least 10.6.8 but I believe even 10.5 will work. Be careful which video card you have. My GeForce 8900 GTX+ card from 5 years ago  and it doesn't work well. I heartily recommend loading Mountain Lion and Mavericks with the app store app not some hacked version so you will have a usable Hackintosh.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Just look up digital_dreamer and download the hackinstaller application and go for it!