Low Res with R9 280 and no sound

lVlaciii

3 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I've been working on this install for 2 weeks now, it's literally driving me crazy. I thought the hackintosh procedure had gotten easier, too :/.

I've tried literally every single install option there is. I tried 2 or 3 different kinds of vanilla installs listed on these forums, but it didn't work, I tried some tm methods( I know you guys hate him, but I was desperate) it didn't work. I tried myHack, didn't work. Every single one had issues with Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport, or something similar. No matter what settings I had my bios on.

Finally tried pokenguyen's install method with stock uefi/bios settings but I still got the same Bluetooth message. I tried booting into the OS X installer and removing all the AMD* ATIRadeon* AppleIntelHD* texts, and now I can get boot in Mavericks through Clover on the usb, without -x. However, now I have a super low resolution image displayed.

My build is as follows:

CPU: Intel 4670K

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3

GPU: AMD R9 280 (I read everyone with this GPU got it to work easily with plug and play, but not me)

So now, I can boot up, but it's super low res, at 1280x1024. My monitor is 2560x1600, so you can see the resolution isn't cutting it, haha.

Also, I don't have ethernet capabilities, so no internet connection.

Also my sound doesn't work. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix these two issues? I haven't even tried installing a boot loader on the actual HDD, I'm just pulling my hair out trying to get things to work as they are.

If I use something like Vietnam, would that solve my issues, you think?

Please! And thank you!

unfortunately what you are describing above are non-issues, it's obvious that you have no clue as to how to run osx86 on your machine 

for instance if you've deleted the same kernel extensions needed to boot your graphics correctly, why ask? there is no out-of-the-box-dumbed-down-everything solution here

start using your search engine better , and google / duckduckgo / bing / whatever it

read the installation guide(s) correctly

stop being a help vampire

pardon me for my harsh words , best of luck

I get what you're saying, but I've been researching for weeks. I removed those graphics kexts because that's what some people did to get their build to boot. I can show you the link, if you want. That's all I've been doing, googling and fresh installing.

EDIT: I used Vietnam to install both Ethernet and audio kexts. An error message popped up saying the voodoohda was not installed properly. On reboot, I still have no sound and no Ethernet connection.