[AMD] Yosemite OS X 10.10 DP & Beta

spakk

210 posts in this topic

AMD is best :) Fasten then overpriced intel. That benchmarks nothing to say if system can't handle cores optimal.

Guys it's just Silicium.

In my opinion, Apple will switch to amd someday. We will see

• Like 4

Just tried to replace whole "Extensions" folder

Now boot log looks really nice, no errors at all, but hangs after SMC sensors added.

Just hangs, no errors, no "still waiting for root device"

Don't know what to do

It's certainly better just to wait for kernel)

• Like 4

Hello friends,

I want to show you my last boot test with yosemite. look at where the system gets stuck. I hope it is a huge step forward ??..... :)

http://www.vidup.de/v/2lBrw/

error message: Can not load kext iouserEthernet ........?????

Edit:
I will delete IOuserEthernet.kext and test again

Edit2:
Now it stucks at iobluetooth .....

Edited by spakk

@Spakk 

the issue you are having with getting stuck iobluetooth or ethernet has to do with corecrypto 

when i used to test the 10.9 beta on my amd rig it used to get stuck at this very place when using old kext's ... 

but when the bronya's kernel came out it became clear that its not possible to boot the system with the main system kexts rollbacked, it works sometimes... but not anymore

i had fixed my error back then using "-x -f PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -v" 

• 2 weeks later...

this is my last test to boot Yosemite 10.10 Beta 2 on an AMD Hackintosh GA-990 FXA-UD3 CPU Phenom II X6

but this was done only by a few adjustments! such as the following folder from Mavericks 10.9.4 ( last Build): Extensions, Caches, Frameworks and Coreservices.

http://www.vidup.de/v/awc4Q/

PS:

now I'm going to make a test with build 13f7 and will report later

Impressive indeed, and yes: it hangs at the point it should switch to the desktop. You could remove all graphics kexts and try to boot: it's the usual solution for successfully booting from the installer when it doesn't get along if the GPU, for an example.

Impressive indeed, and yes: it hangs at the point it should switch to the desktop. You could remove all graphics kexts and try to boot: it's the usual solution for successfully booting from the installer when it doesn't get along if the GPU, for an example.

I will remove all graphics drivers and boot the system again, then I will report.

I am booting yosemite 10.10. with last bronya amd Kernel rc7 fix for older CPU s

Are you booting off a USB external with Bronya's RC5/RC6/RC7 kernel? Did you replace the 2 kexts I mentioned above?

By the way, does this ring a bell?

No. .. not yet changed the two drivers. ..

I have removed all graphics drivers .

Next test i will change the two drivers you've described above . Thx

Here my last Test with change the two drivers, but no luck

uploadfromtaptalk1406840718322.jpg

:)

yoh ??? !!!!! :D

Yosemite AMD ??

boot flag -x -f -v :)

Yes Gils ...yosemite 10.10 on my amd hackintosh
  • Like 1

:)

use Clover and kext in the Clover/kext 10.10

I have already tried everything Gils, with clover and now with chameleon bootloader and with all flags