[AMD] Yosemite OS X 10.10 DP & Beta

spakk

210 posts in this topic

this is just a test with boot yosemite OSX 10.10 with last amd kernel rc7 of Bronya.
It's a crazy idea of ​​mine, to use the system driver data or even folders from 10.9.4, maybe that's a start on which we can build on it. I'm just now doing upload the video

The experiment can test each.
proceed as follows:
1) Install Yosemite OS X 10.10. on your USB Stick,.... there are many examples on how to do that.

2) copy the following System drivers from 10.9.4: "AppleACPIPlatform.kext, Corecrypto.kext, IOACPIFamily.kext, IONDRVSupport, IOPCIFamily.kext, IOUSBFamily.kext, Sandbox.kext, System.kext"  and then paste the System drivers into Yosemite OS X 10.10 /System/Library/Extensions/

3) copy the "Core Services" folder from your Mavericks USB install Stick ( 10.9.2 or a different Version), then paste into /System/Library/

4) after you have made ​​all these things, use Kext Wizard, repair the permissions and make an Extensions.mkext and add it to /System/Library/

5) use the last amd mach_kernel_rc7_fix (for FX or older amd CPUs) of Bronya and paste it into the root directory, then the bboot from the USB Stick

what I've found is that Yosemite can boot only with insert of "Core Services" folder from 10.9.4 or a different Version, then yosemite can boot with amd kernel.

hence is a file in "Core Services" which must be the cause! here has to be found out which file is the prevented the boot.

I suspect the boot.efi

I'll test with original "Core Services" with bootefi from 10.9.4 and will report without success, there must be something else

Test with amd kernel

sorry for the quality, the original recording is about 1 GB in size and requires a lot of time to upload, which is a converted version with about 20 mb

• Like 4

good news for AMD users! I heard the kernel path have changed. can u post brief guidance?

Chameleon looks for the kernel on the root of the HDD so it wouldn't matter in this case. But for reference the new location is "/System/Library/Kernels"

I have installed the amd kernel into main directory , for safety's sake even created a folder in S/L/Kernels/  and there again inserted the amd kernel

Edit:

now hangs yosemite at this point:

20140616_144843.jpg

20140616_144555.jpg

20140616_144826.jpg

Edited by spakk

I'm actually not quite sure?

tomorrow I will check if I have installed the revised version be by Chris,

thank you for your answer, Duran.

Edit:

It would be very nice if another user try to do to experiment with yosemite ..... to exchange the experience.

Edit2:

I will use to make the same test with OS X Yosemite 10.10 developer preview 2 release.

This my experiment : install Yosemite in intel machine (no problem.. working very well  )
step for my and machine with newest clover
1) put mach_kernel (bronya rc7) in root , replace kernel /S/L/Kernels
2) delete kernelcache
3) rollback iopcifamily, ioacpifamily, appleacpiplatform (from 10.9.3 till carlo67 no npci kexts)
4) still get stuck here (before point 3 (vanilla kext) untill I do with point 3)
post-1113740-0-04237500-1402972960_thumb.jpg

post-1113740-0-32416200-1402973039_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Now try a rollback of "AppleACPIPlatform.kext, IOACPIFamily.kext, IOPCIFamily.kext, IOUSBFamily.kext" from 10.9.0 or 10.9.2 or 10.9.3 or 10.9.4

Edit:

and make all the notes what changes you've made, this is very important.

Edit:

possibly we must patched the driver?

@spakk .. this my progrees, rollback this kext from 10.9.3

post-1113740-0-93820500-1402997032_thumb.jpg

and stuck here, trying fakesmc w/o plugin from different version still the same

post-1113740-0-70596800-1402997057_thumb.jpg

btw I'm forget one step in my first post copy/replace boot.efi in "CoreService" with boot.efi from 10.9.3

hope this can make more progress ..

Your system remains stuck at the same point as my last test . We need help by Bronya, Andy Vandijk and other experienced kernel programmers . To achieve a successful start. Thank you for your test, pico joe.

This confirms that both with clover and with chameleon could boot with amd kernel. If a suitable kernel is built.

Edit:

You can also make an attempt to change ioahciblockstorage.kext.

Edit:

Unfortunately, I have not have an finished installed version of Yosemite on my AMD hackintosh (from intel hackintosh) Because did would a lot easier to me to go try a test with AMD kernel.

I am currently testing only with USB install Stick of yosemite.

I have already tried everything , my friend .. unfortunately I do not have a ready-installed backup Intel version for testing. This would simplify the situation.

Now stops the booting of the system here.

You can try my last tools, not the EFI

Boot USB OS X Yosemite (Chameleon r2380)

create the folder kernels and put your mach_kernel inside   here  like this 

just delete the mach_kernel on root  its invisible  :lol:

5510.png

the new tools not need to rename the Yosemite Installer just put on your applications 

see the post 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298753-boot-usb-os-x-yosemite-chameleon/

good luck  ;)

• Like 4

Just for information for those who have not worked with Chris1111 usb install tool:

open the "Install OS X 10.10 Developer Preview.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg" with Disk Utility , and then start the tool by chris1111..... otherwise it will not work :rolleyes:

Edit:

many thanks chris1111, on my last test I have used your tool

Edited by spakk

Just for information for those who have not worked with Chris1111 usb install tool:

open the "Install OS X 10.10 Developer Preview.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg" with Disk Utility , and then start the tool by chris1111..... otherwise it will not work :rolleyes:

Edit:

many thanks chris1111, on my last test I have used your tool

and ?  :P  what append , works or not ?

Now stops the booting of the system here.

hello Sppak , 

the flag is kext--dev-mode=1  (-s) is inutile ;) , boot with Clover , je fini mon iMac G5 et ensuite , je reprendrais les essaies noyau sur mon Sempron :) , je penses qu'il y a une solution . 

I finished my iMac G5 and then I would resume the kernel on my Sempron try :) I think that there is a solution.

• Like 1

and ?  :P  what append , works or not ?

........Unfortunately, so far without success. see my post #16...

Yosemite dp2...unfortunately, so far without success

Next test with new chameleon bootloader. I will report later

dp2 has one weeks out. .. unfortunately without success ... with the new chameleon bootloader is very good. I will test tomorrow ... .....