7 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

I somehow received this kernel panic upon boot. It happened after I removed NullCPUPowerManagement because I wanted to enable Native CPU power management. I was using a .aml file and it was in the /Extra folder. Unfortunately, I cannot even boot into safe mode to delete the file and put the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext file back. I get this kernel panic. Any ideas? Thanks.

4R0rl38l.jpg

Larger Image:

4R0rl38.jpg

This is why you should always keep a bootable partition or flash drive that has your OS X installer on it.

There is also a way to have a recovery partition like on a real Mac. I haven't tried doing that myself but it's possible.

Both would be useful to you right now.

Do you have access to anything that runs OS X?

• Like 1

Boot from it and use Terminal to fix your issues.

Sorry for being a total noob, but what command(s) do I write? And by the way, I am using an Asus motherboard but I just realized that I need to patch my UEFI BIOS to get sleep working: http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/11/how-to-set-up-asus-hackintosh.html

Am I screwed? I did not patch my BIOS, so looks like I have to use NullCPUPowerManagement

I'm not going to write a manual for you :D

You can copy disabler.kext or nullcpupm into /Extra/Extensions and then boot with UseKernelCache=n. This way you don't have to worry about setting permissions and ownership, Chameleon doesn't care about those when it loads kexts from /Extra/Extensions.

Something like this

cp -r /Volumes/nameofdrive/path_to/nullcpupm.kext /Volumes/nameofosxdrive/Extra/Extensions