Yosemite: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

toleda

793 posts in this topic

Problem Reporting (Post to this thread with requested information attached)

1. Description of audio problem:  Please recommend ideal audio install procedure for Realtek ALC887/888B.
    1. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics:
      • OS X 10.10.5/Asus Z97-K/AMI UEFI 2604 x64/Intel Core i5 4590@3.3GHz/EVGA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
    2. Procedure/Guide Used:  None selected at this point.  Hoping you could elucidate that.
    3. Copy of IOReg (Tools 1.) - File/Save a Copy As…, verify file (no ioreg.txt):  See attached zip.
    4. Copy Of Console/All Messages  (last boot)/File/Save a Copy As..:  See attached zip.

5. Installed S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext or AppleHDA8Series AppleHDAxxx kext:  See attached zip
    6. Screen shots:
      1. DPCIManager/Status (Tools 3.):  See attached zip.
      2. System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio (not Devices):  See attached zip
    7. Terminal/Shell/Export Test As. . .  (if script used):  Not attempted...yet
      1. audio_realtekALC-100.command
      2. AppleHDA8Series.sh
      3. audio_cloverALC-100.command
    8. Chameleon
      1. Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist:   See attached zip
      2. DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log:       See attached zip
      3. Extra/dsdt.aml (if installed):        See attached zip
      4. Extra/ssdt.aml (if installed):        Not used (at least I did not create one)
    9. Requested Files.zip

Description of audio problem:  Please recommend ideal audio install procedure for Realtek ALC887/888B

Correct edits in the wrong order, Patch

1. 9series/AMI-9eries-ssdt_HDEF-fix - Apply

2. ALCInjection/Enable Audio ID: 2 - Apply

Compile, Save, Install

No codec: Verify BIOS/Advanced/On Board Devices/HD Audio Controller/Enabled

Applied the procedure described in this guide:  OS X hdmi audio/hdef audio dsdt_v3.0 (PDF included in archive)

• OS X 10.10.5/Asus Z97-K/AMI UEFI 2604 x64/Intel Core i5 4590@3.3GHz/EVGA Geforce GTX 750 Ti

Problem:  No audio output devices found in system preferences.

Files attached:  Archive.zip

If audio injection is necessary, please identify recommended guide to use.  Thanks, in advance, for your help!

One more file you might want to see: post-1575690-0-61150200-1440532453_thumb.png

The plot thickens...

Files attached:  attachicon.gifArchive.zip

If audio injection is necessary, please identify recommended guide to use. 

Injection is provided in the patched dsdt.  DSDT is correct.

AppleHDA.kext is not patched.  See Post #1

Nvidia HDMI audio is not working because the attached display is not HDMI.

Audio installation for ALC887 successful.  Used the Piker-Alpha procedure to preserve patched AppleHDA after OS X software updates.

This install/patch/update procedure is not trivial.

Your efforts to make it possible are commendable and appreciated.

Nvidia HDMI audio will not be used as my (very old) LCD monitor currently does not support HDMI.  Maybe at a later time.

OSX 10.10.5

Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5

I'm having the problem that notification sounds occasionally are crackling in the start of the sound. It's like the speakers are being turned on right when the sound occurs so the result is a crack-ding or pop-ding. Has anyone had this issue? I'm using realtekalc with codec commander to fix no sound after sleep on alc 1150. I can post the required info if this is considered a possible bug. What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

Problem Reporting (Post to this thread with requested information attached)

Problem description: Audio device visible, no sound, iTunes stuck, Sound assertion

Configuration tested with Windows 7, and worked perfectly.

5.1 analog speakers tested (no sound on any channel), as well as headsets on the front (no sound).

1. OS: Yosemite 10.10.5 / MB: Asus X99 Deluxe (w/ on board 10ec0900 - ALC1150) / BIOS: version 1801 (05/15/2015) / CPU: i7 5820K / GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 (4Gb)
  2. Followed method from this very topic:
    1. Audio_ID: 1
    2. Injection method #1 (HDEF/kext/No dsdt/HDAEnabler1.kext)
    3. Verification at this stage OK: <01 00 00 00>
    4. Piker-Alpha AppleHDA8Series - no AppleHDA binary patch
      • tried $ ./AppleHDA8Series.sh -b AppleHDA -> no sound (kext installed, reboot…)
      • tried $ ./AppleHDA8Series.sh -b AppleHDA -b AppleHDAController -> no sound (removed kext, installed new one, repaired permissions and rebuilt cache, reboot…)

3. IOJones -> Save As… -> IOReg.iojones [in Archive.zip]
  4. Console/All Messages -> File/Save a Copy As.. -> ConsoleAllMessages.log (since last boot only) [in Archive.zip]
  5. Installed S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext or AppleHDA8Series AppleHDAxxx kext:
    1. AppleHDA.kext (vanilla 10.10.5, v272.18.1) [in Archive.zip kexts/AppleHDA.kext]
    2. HDAEnabler1.kext (v1.0.0d1) [in Archive.zip kexts/HDAEnabler1.kext]
    3. AppleHDA1150.kext (v3.1.0) the 2 versions I tried [in Archive.zip kexts/-b AppleHDA/AppleHDA1150.kext and kexts/-b AppleHDA -b AppleHDAController/AppleHDA1150.kext]

6. Screen shots:
    1. DPCIManager/Status -> DPCIManager_Status.png [in Archive.zip]
    2. System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio (not Devices) -> SysInfo_Hardware_Audio_IntelHiDefAudio1.png & SysInfo_Hardware_Audio_IntelHiDefAudio2.png [in Archive.zip]

7. Terminal/Shell/Export Test As. . .  (if script used)
    1. audio_realtekALC-100.command (not used)
    2. AppleHDA8Series.sh -> AppleHDA8SeriesShell.rtf (I installed the kext w/ script. I relaunched the script w/o install to save the shell copy). [in Archive.zip]
    3. audio_cloverALC-100.command (not used)

8. Chameleon
    1. Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist -> org.chameleon.Boot.plist [in Archive.zip]
    2. DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log -> DPCIManager_BootLog.txt [in Archive.zip]
    3. Extra/dsdt.aml (not installed) 
    4. Extra/ssdt.aml (not installed)

9. Clover (not used)

Thank you for your help! I really appreciate the support on this forum.

Archive.zip

AppleHDA.kext does not support X99 audio. AppleHDA8Series.sh does not support X99 audio.  10.9.5 AppleHDA.kext with the x99 patch works for both audio_RealtekALC and audio_CloverALC.  No idea why the x99 patch does not work in 10.10.

Thank you so much, this was driving me crazy!

Just removed my AppleHDA, and the AppleHDA1150, and installed the patched one from 10.9.5 (from rampage X99.dmg) and it works now.

Now, why the patch on 10.10 is not working on x99… this is another question. I suppose it will be the same with El Capitan, at the beginning at least.

1. Sorry to ask you to revisit this problem.  I decided to reinstall OS X with Clover bootloader because it works better with UEFI than Chameleon.  Now that the install is complete, I am having a problem getting the Realtek 887/888B audio to work.  All requested files are in the archive.

Description of audio problem:  No audio output devices found in system preferences

1. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics

1. Procedure/Guide Used:  OS X hdmi audio/hdef audio dsdt_v3.0 (PDF included in archive)

Thanks again for your assistance.

Archive.zip

having a problem getting the Realtek 887/888B audio to work.  

Method actually used: Piker-Alpha AppleHDA8series

dsdt patching incorrect; 4 patches applied a total of 5 times. Only 1 patch is required.

Native dsdt/MaciASL/Patches:

1. 9series/AMI-Clean_Compile-9series (if required)

2, ALCinjection/Enable Audio ID: 1

MaciASL/Apply/Close/Compile/etc..

Reply with edited dsdt and new IOReg.

How did you determine that the DSDT patches were applied multiple times?  I am curious as to what you saw in the IOReg file (not sure where IOReg gets its data).  You are correct, that is what I did (not intentionally), but the DSDT.aml I sent you was created from a DSL file that was extracted using Linux.  I was very careful to patch it only 1 time and ensure it compiled without error.  The only DSDT.aml files that exist in the OS (that I know of ) are in the EFI volume/partition and the EFI folder off the root directory of Macintosh HD.

The audio ID used in the past was 2.  What do you see that leads you to recommend Audio ID 1?

Thanks for your help and prompt response.  I took the liberty to include screen shots of each step of creating DSDT.aml and update/adding AppleHDA.kext to AppleHDA887.kext.

With the changes that appear in the archive, I remain unable to find any audio output devices in the System Preferences.

Archive.zip

remain unable to find any audio output devices in the System Preferences.

Problem: no dsdt/HDEF/layout-id injection, result layout-id=0, no audio

Cause: ignored #763, 1 patch specified, applied 4 patches, fail

Try Post #763 again.

Seems like work on 10.9.5 and fix mic can't record bug for QQ.

See Post #1, Problem Reporting.  Specify mic, connect mic, run QQ, make IOReg.

Ok, followed the instructions in #763.  

Still no audio devices in System Preferences.

Not quite, 3 patches applied a total of 4 times.  Fortunately, the last patch was the only patch required. result, layout-id=2, correct.

The AppleHDA.kext is not patched. Install native AppleHDA.kext. See Post #1, run 1 of the 3 patch methods.  Reply with patch script Terminal Output and IOReg.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have a strange problem with my audio

I have Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H,

I use CloverALC with dsdt audio inject, everything is working just fine

but after I reboot to Windows (10 but also was the same with 8.1) I get only "popping" sound from the rear green port (headphones work fine)

the only way to return the audio is to completely shut down my PC, after that sound is back until next login to windows

i'm on 10.11 now but had the same results with 10.10

it also happened when I used ssdt from your repo with no dsdt at all / clover audio inject.

also happened when I tried (in the past) realtekalc instead of cloveralc.

I’m attaching IOREG with working audio and another after login to windows with popping sound instead of audio.

Thank you.

Archive.zip