Guide Samsung Ativ 700t (Yosemite)

mactabletman

192 posts in this topic

Audio is working with VodooHDA, if u need the gestures u'll have to buy the touchbase drivers you can buy them direct from them just write an email to the sales department the address is stated on their site. If u want to use it as a tablet and surf the web or something without the dock attached i would recommend it because then you can scroll like on an iPad and don't have to fiddle with the scroll bar all the time.

The only thing i haven't fully working is the trackpad it's only recognized as mouse input device so no scrolling or swiping.

• Like 1

regarding applying that battery indicator dsdt edit, is that being applied to a dsdt file or is it being injected through the config.list and clover?

I stopped using a dsdt file with my build once I switched to clover/uefi style booting, so Im wondering which way its being applied

thanks for the info.

Days of experiments with this thing had been futile. So all I can do is ask someone to fix it and offer 35$ for working resolution change solution for ATIV 700t.

For Yosemite only solution is to use AAPL,ig-platform-id 0x01660002 or to do a sleep/wake cycle with your default frame-buffer(if you need HDMI out)

You owe me 35$.

• Like 2

For Yosemite only solution is to use AAPL,ig-platform-id 0x01660002 or to do a sleep/wake cycle with your default frame-buffer(if you need HDMI out)

You owe me 35$.

Sorry, but it has been answered already, he ows you nothing :P

Dock is recognized as USB Keyboard+SmartPad DevID: 0x0740 VenID: 0x04f3

Got the battery indicator working with the DSDT edit from rehab man: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/battery/battery_Samsung-NP470R5E.txt

Gonna tell you the ID's tomorrow when i'm at home again.

Thanks for the IDs I apreciate it :)

• Like 1

Sorry, but it has been answered already, he ows you nothing :P

I don't think you know where/what the problem is, you should read/test the provided solution(s) before reply.

The answer he got is wrong, that Clover settings actually does nothing if you are looking on source, nothing extra is injected/nor help.

BTW in case someone else ends here by search engine, for desktop CPU solution is to use AAPL,ig-platform-id 0x01620005 or to do a sleep/wake cycle with default frame-buffer(if you need HDMI audio)

I don't think you know where/what the problem is, you should read/test the provided solution(s) before reply.

The answer he got is wrong, that Clover settings actually does nothing if you are looking on source, nothing extra is injected/nor help.

BTW in case someone else ends here by search engine, for desktop CPU solution is to use AAPL,ig-platform-id 0x01620005 or to do a sleep/wake cycle with default frame-buffer(if you need HDMI audio)

Well, I saw he didnt reply (or did he?) so I assumed it was fixed, no?

Anyway, it's your problem with him :P I'm out! xD

Btw, this tablet looks promising, i may consider buying it, too bad it have some outdated components :(

• Like 1

Thats true, it is outdated. But in my opinion, its the best hackblet you will find on the market :)

Anyone got the original windows and yosemite on the same ssd working? 

Yeah :/ too bad, really hoped samsung to reliese the ATIV Q (It's the perfect tablet ever!)

For Windows/OS X on the same SSD:

1) Disk Utility > Select your SSD > Patition > Shrink your OS X Partition > hit the "+" sign > Name it Windows and leave it Mac OS X Journaled

2) Use Boot Camp Utility to make your Windows Installer Disk (do not select "downlaod the latest software support from Apple" as it's useless and doesn't work for us at all!)

3) Boot the installer, in the Select Disk step choose your partiton (WHATCHOUT ON WHAT YOU'RE SELECTING) hit delete > then select the unused space then hit next > Installation will start

In some cases (donno if it's yours) the tablet may boot directly to windows, then you got to do some manipulations now, if not just move on and do not do this:

4) boot the Installer

5) hit Shift + F10 (keyboard) > a CMD Prompt will apear

6) type diskpart, when loaded, type list vol, a list will appear, and you'll find a volume of ~200MB named EFI, remember the volume number and then type sel vol X (X = the number of your EFI volume) then type assign letter=S, then type exit, it will quit the diskpart application

7) now type S:, then cd EFI\Microsoft\Boot\ then ren bootmgfw.efi bootmgfwA.efi (this will rename windows bootloader to another name) then cd S:\EFI\ then type del Boot\*.* , it wil erase everything on Boot folder, then type copy S:\EFI\Clover\CloverX64.efi S:\Boot\ then ren S:\Boot\CloverX64.efi S:\Boot\bootx64.efi then exit the cmd prompt and close the installer

8) Now you'll boot to Clover, we need to configure it now, open Clover Configurator > config.plist > GUI > Custom Entries > "+" :

Type* : Windows

Title/Full Title : Windows (optional but better)

path: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfwA.efi

9) Save and reboot.

Tell me if it worked :)

BTW, I like the Hackblet terme :P better than hackint0sh :sick:

No, midi, see I once had a perfectly working XE700T1C Hackintosh (Everything working but scroll on the touchpad  :wallbash:) So today I glanced at this post and somehow I scanned these words and assumed you got it working :P

No, midi, see I once had a perfectly working XE700T1C Hackintosh (Everything working but scroll on the touchpad  :wallbash:) So today I glanced at this post and somehow I scanned these words and assumed you got it working :P

But I still don't have the tablet yet :o

Well, I saw he didnt reply (or did he?) so I assumed it was fixed, no?

Anyway, it's your problem with him :P I'm out! xD

Btw, this tablet looks promising, i may consider buying it, too bad it have some outdated components :(

The "owe" part was a joke, was curious to see what happen if solution is provided, as expected, ...nothing... LOL!

Its more then clear that he didn't tried all frame-buffers since 0x1660002(MBP10,1) is the working one(with the lost of HDMI since it drivers only 1 port:LVDS)

Fun time is over, now I'm out XD.

• Like 1

The "owe" part was a joke, was curious to see what happen if solution is provided, as expected, ...nothing... LOL!

Its more then clear that he didn't tried all frame-buffers since 0x1660002(MBP10,1) is the working one(with the lost of HDMI since it drivers only 1 port:LVDS)

Fun time is over, now I'm out XD.

A hex edit will do the work ;) you can add any port you like :D

Clover patching would be better (i can do it, but not now, im really busy with this goddamn real life!) :) will put a test patch for yall if i have time :)

midi I really recommend it! Great compatibility with OS X!! (Although I couldn't get the microphone & scroll working..)

Yeah, i may consider buying it, if you can, can you help me findthis tablet on ebay (new/refurbished, used is ok but ref is better imo) that is lower than 900$ and ships to Morocco :) ?

Thanks a lot :)

A hex edit will do the work ;) you can add any port you like :D

Clover patching would be better (i can do it, but not now, im really busy with this goddamn real life!) :) will put a test patch for yall if i have time :)

Sure you can add the ports, making them to work is other (not short) story.

Get the hardware first and test your ideas, what can look good on theory doesn't always look same on practice.

I wont bother just for that HDMI out, also I don't use Clover.

Sure you can add the ports, making them to work is other (not short) story.

Get the hardware first and test your ideas, what can look good on theory doesn't always look same on practice.

I wont bother just for that HDMI out, also I don't use Clover.

OH :| yeah you're right :) And you really don't use Clover? :huh: