• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

mactabletman

mactabletman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Hey thanks for the informative reply! I think the usb keyboard or a gaming mouse would work well for shortcuts if art dock is not an option but you were mentioning theres no palm rejection.  Not even with the expensive touchbase drivers? For that money there better be palm rejection and my dishes better be done.  This can be worked around with an art glove but its not ideal.  I might give it a go and do the install again this weekend. 

I hear you about shuffling devices. I recently bought the asus note 8 for $190 on amazon because I wanted something super portable.  I love it so far. Im actually selling my cintiq companion on craigslist because, while its amazing, its also heavy and not practical I really rarely use it. I will write up a blog post soon about cheaper cintiq alternatives such as the ativ 700t and asus note 8 even and compare them.  I would hackintosh the asus note 8 but I dont think osx will run on baytrail.  The 700t is really a great device especially considering it can be had for around $400 now days. 

kwjenkins

kwjenkins

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

I haven't retried the touch base drivers with pen enabled since I got everything working, Im letting the wacom driver handle it. If I get a chance over the weekend I will try an alt with them on to see. Their drivers for pen were not working well with corel in mavericks so I shied away from them for pen support. Palm rejection would be great.

I really only got them for multi-touch when Im traveling. I am also a huge fan of the samsung, and was hoping they'd continue the line, but other than an expensive refresh out there of the same unit theres no 2014 model. hell I only paid 610 new for this thing last fall, and felt like it was a good deal.

one quick question to folks on this type build in this thread, is anyone continuing/putting their DSDT in the clover efi folder? I only have a dsdt from that old thread on [tonyM] site thread where we were all previousl talking about the ML build, Ive used that one throughout all ATIV OS X builds until switching to the efi/clover system, that might be where my audio patch is failing. the power management seems to work sometimes but I can't see a pattern.

the asus sounds cool - Id stick win8 and photoshop CC on it and forget about os x for that one.

Court Reinland

Court Reinland

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

For everyone wondering about the pen/stylus drivers - installing the latest cintiq companion driver for mac from here:

http://us.wacom.com/...upport/drivers/

works alongside just the basic kexts at the beginning of this thread (at least for my bamboo stylus feel pen and the stock samsung stylus), but disables the touch. I have my install on the internal SSD (OSX 10.10) - At first pen and touch seemed to work natively if you boot from the install on USB, but with SSD boot at first I had no pen, only touch. But at least with this its simple you don't have to mess with anymore kexts making things unstable or losing your USB 3.0. The generic one someone mentioned earlier from sourcceforge gave me a kernel panic after I deleted the previous GenericUSB kext and AppleUSB kext plugin inside IOfamily. :)

Hope this helps those graphic artists out there like me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: samsung, tablet, ativ, 700t, yosemite

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy