can we get back the apple logo on boot?

Best Answer SunKi, 11 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

For the Black theme would require another compilation?

yes, because it is just 'for example' ;)

here:

https://dl.dropboxus...lover_black.zip

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
717 replies to this topic

arsradu

arsradu

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

I resolved my problem with the "progress bar"!
What I did:
1- booted OS X without my DSDT patched. I ran out of the apple logo, but the bar was still appearing in the corner in the second boot stage.
2- I tried otherwise. I downloaded the ISO bootable CloverEFI. Booted for him, and the bar was right in the second boot stage, but as not carrying my DSDT with my patches applied, I was mute and my USB ports not working. I opened the "IOREG" application, to see what has changed. I saw that the "doors" (Connectors), were correct and showed only 3 "doors". With my DSDT, it shows me 4 "ports". As my video card only has 3 connectors (DP-HDMI-DVI-I Dual Link), then I thought and saw that he had another connector on my DSDT.
3 Based on this, I deleted the connector more in my DSDT, but first I noticed that my video card connector not used by IOREG app, and it was the 3rd connector. deleted it.
4- My video card is an ASUS Radeon HD 7750, and use the "framebuffer" "dashimaki", connected to a VGA monitor. In my "config.plist" the CloverEFI, was set for 4 doors, switched to 3. For coresponder with the number of connectors of my video card.

5- I mounted the EFI partition and put the files in their respective places. I rebooted the machine and go! Progress bar is displayed in the right place, which is below the apple logo.

Where in Clover was set to 4 ports? And what did you change? Can you post some screenshots? I also have 3 ports on my video card and connected to a VGA monitor.
Could you or someone else make a tutorial of this? It's hard to understand what you're saying...

JorgeMax

JorgeMax

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Where in Clover was set to 4 ports? And what did you change? Can you post some screenshots? I also have 3 ports on my video card and connected to a VGA monitor.
Could you or someone else make a tutorial of this? It's hard to understand what you're saying...

Friend saw you use NVIDIA GPU, I do not know how theirs activation method.

But I did so:

DSDT:
Attached File  Captura de Tela 2015-02-09 √ s 22.46.11.png   115.7KB   6 downloads

Config.plist Clover:
Attached File  Captura de Tela 2015-02-09 √ s 22.35.03.png   58.87KB   6 downloads

In Clover option "VídeoPorts". I do not know applies to nvidia cards.

My video card has only three connectors:
Attached File  Portas da placa ASUS Radeon HD7750-1GD5-V2.png   47.75KB   2 downloads

arsradu

arsradu

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Friend saw you use NVIDIA GPU, I do not know how theirs activation method.

But I did so:

DSDT:

Config.plist Clover:

In Clover option "VídeoPorts". I do not know applies to nvidia cards.

My video card has only three connectors:

Thanks, man. I don't know if this is going to work, but I'm willing to try.

Where is that section that you edited? Where in the DSDT? Cause I can't find it. It would have been nice to keep the left panel from MaciASL visible (I suppose that's what you used to edit that DSDT) so I can see where you are into those folders.

Also, how do you save changes into a new file? I got my default DSDT on my Desktop for easy editing. So now I still don't know where to edit/what to change and how to save those changes.

JorgeMax

JorgeMax

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Thanks, man. I don't know if this is going to work, but I'm willing to try.

Where is that section that you edited? Where in the DSDT? Cause I can't find it. It would have been nice to keep the left panel from MaciASL visible (I suppose that's what you used to edit that DSDT) so I can see where you are into those folders.

Also, how do you save changes into a new file? I got my default DSDT on my Desktop for easy editing. So now I still don't know where to edit/what to change and how to save those changes.

Friend. I do not quite understand how one patch DSDT of "zero". To find the "address" of the video card in DSDT, you will have to use the "IORegistryExplorer" program.

This is the "local" from my plate in "Ioreg":

Attached File  Captura de Tela 2015-02-10 √ s 08.25.11.png   211.71KB   2 downloads  

DSDT:

Attached File  Captura de Tela 2015-02-10 √ s 08.29.23.png   188.92KB   2 downloads

But if you do not know how to edit in your DSDT, I suggest you ask for the "Mirone" help you, I do not understand and patch DSDT one of "zero".

Open progrma "IORegistryExplorer", click "File / Save a Copy As ..." creates a folder name the it and save the "Ioreg" and your DSDT in, click the right mouse button on top folder and "compress" it. send here (site)

arsradu

arsradu

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Friend. I do not quite understand how one patch DSDT of "zero". To find the "address" of the video card in DSDT, you will have to use the "IORegistryExplorer" program.

DSDT:

But if you do not know how to edit in your DSDT, I suggest you ask for the "Mirone" help you, I do not understand and patch DSDT one of "zero".

Open progrma "IORegistryExplorer", click "File / Save a Copy As ..." creates a folder name the it and save the "Ioreg" and your DSDT in, click the right mouse button on top folder and "compress" it. send here (site)

Thanks man. I'll give a try tonight. :)

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

'never had any issues with Chameleon. I've used r2377, r2395, r2401, even r2538 or r2570 and get the good old Apple logo with progress bar underneath all the time. Not using Clover anymore. I use the attached very classic Themes folder in /Extra:

Attached File  Themes.zip   3.54MB   11 downloads

I also usually set the screen resolution in the boot plist so that the Apple logo is also displayed at the maximum screen res. This may or may not require the old Chameleon Resolution.dylib module in /Extra/modules, it depends on the GPU/computer.

On some computers (typically those laptops with Intel HD 4600 graphics), to avoid the screen corruption when startup switches to Yosemite desktop, I use the attached patched IOGraphicsFamily kext to finish with white/gray bar as opposed to the black one:

Attached File  IOGraphicsFamily.kext.zip   208.98KB   5 downloads

arsradu

arsradu

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

DSDT:

Here is my path.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2015-02-10 at 8.12.05 PM.png   155.91KB   0 downloads

And..I couldn't find anything similar to that into DSDT (attached).

Attached Files

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,564 posts

arsradu,

advice, renames GFX0 to GFX1.

arsradu

arsradu

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

arsradu,

advice, renames GFX0 to GFX1.

Ok. Could you please tell me where should I rename this? And how? I need a step by step description so that I can understand where are all these accessible and how to edit them. This is all very confusing to me.

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,564 posts

send me you ioreg+config.plist+dsdt

arsradu

arsradu

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

send me you ioreg+config.plist+dsdt

I would really appreciate it if you could teach me how to do it so I can do it myself. Can't be that hard. Otherwise I will never learn.

clver16

clver16

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Video Editing, Hackintoshing, Hacking, Programming and Designing

Hi Guys ^^, for me the initialization doesnt have the logo but it has the progress bar. But the boot part shows the apple logo with progress bar, i am at imac 13,2 smbios and using clover, and in my config plist custom logo is set to no. and my specs are, i7 3770, p8z77 v pro thunderbolt, geforce gtx 750 ti, btw before when csm was enabled, the bootscreen was stretched but when i disabled csm in bios, i get native res. My only problem is the apple logo not showing on the second boot part or the so called initialization part, before that i get a blank screen for a second after the boot part^^ help^^

Allan

Allan

V.I.P. Member

• Moderators
  • 7,449 posts

Use this in your config.plist:

<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>Bootloader Graphics - Second Stage Patch</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>QYjE6xE=</data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>QYjE6zE=</data>
</dict>

Credits: @pokenguyen

Edited by Allan, 13 May 2015 - 02:26 AM.
Credits

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 5,169 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco

hello

sorry allan but u should give the right person the credits.. is from there .. the solution

good hack

clver16

clver16

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Video Editing, Hackintoshing, Hacking, Programming and Designing

Use this in your config.plist:

<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>Bootloader Graphics - Second Stage Patch</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>QYjE6xE=</data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>QYjE6zE=</data>
</dict>

Credits:@the-darkvoid

Sir Good day the patch didn't work sir artur told me that those patches are for intelhd only is there a way for nvidia cards? thanks^^

Allan

Allan

V.I.P. Member

• Moderators
  • 7,449 posts

hello

sorry allan but u should give the right person the credits.. is from there .. the solution

good hack

Oh nice! Thanks @Artur-pt  ;)

Post edited.

JahStories

JahStories

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,453 posts
  • Interests:Everything that got a screen on it, skateboarding, reggae music, PowerPcs, Amigas and retrogamin...

ehi guys,

The patch needs nvinjection to show the logo, but i've noticed that doing so, dual screen (hdmi & dvi) doesn't work anymore, only dvi works.

So i switched back, disabling nvinjection and now i've a fully working dual screen setup, but the apple logo is gone again. :P

bojan

bojan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi,

Is there anyone who can help me edit my DSDt.aaml file in order to get fully working boot on Yosemite 10.10.3. ?

My PC specification: 

Z77-DS3H, i5 3570k and MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr. 

I tried to edit it myself but all that I did was edit GFX0 to GFX1. applied all the fixes to clover plist.config which were mentioned here but nothing changed. IOFBNeedsRefresh command still shows YES for all the ports. Everything is ok with the first boot stage, but the second one is just a black screen with a pointer followed by a third stage with a loading bar in the middle. 

I uploaded the ioreg, DSDT.aml, and config.plist.

https://www.dropbox....SFFat1Q7va?dl=0

Please, guys.... I am desperate ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy