can we get back the apple logo on boot?

JahStories

769 posts in this topic

I don't think so, the properties are injected fine.

i'm using uefi boot without CSM support if its matters.

If you don't have a UEFI VBios too, doesn't really matter. If you do, then, in theory, you don't need this.

Are you using stock video drivers or Nvidia?

Anyway, just for comparison, can.you boot without a custom DSDT and with stock drivers?

My GPU is uefi (GOP)

Using stock video drivers.

Mine too... And i am also using stock drivers. If DSDT is not the cause, then I don't know. I don't need a custom DSDT. Only using Clover patching. Maybe we can try that as well.

Edit: if it's the same without DSDT, then it might be a another cause for the issue. Also, your issue is a bit different then mine. You don't have the loading bar for the second stage on the bottom left corner. You have an entire black screen. Right?

I can work with clover patched dsdt/custom dsdt/"stock" dsdt.

But it doesn't change the resultes.

Thanks for the effort.

edit:

Can you please attach your (working) IOREG?

would love to compare the display properties to mine.

thank you 

Here you go. :) Let me know if you spot anything.

My iMac.zip

Hi guys i am using ASUS GT 640 natively recognized by os x 10.11 but since yosemite i got this problem... after verbose i get loading on the bottom left corner of the screen without apple logo......is there a way to fix it for me? My video card has 2 x DVI , 1 x HDMI and 1 x VGA ports .

Hi guys i am using ASUS GT 640 natively recognized by os x 10.11 but since yosemite i got this problem... after verbose i get loading on the bottom left corner of the screen without apple logo......is there a way to fix it for me? My video card has 2 x DVI , 1 x HDMI and 1 x VGA ports .

We can try.

Just as for the others, I'm gonna need:

1. your config.plist

2. your IOreg extracted with IOregistryExplorer

3. your device-properties.hex file extracted with Darwin Dumper

4. the exact model of your card (+ link/picture) would be nice

We can try.

Just as for the others, I'm gonna need:

1. your config.plist

2. your IOreg extracted with IOregistryExplorer

3. your device-properties.hex file extracted with Darwin Dumper

4. the exact model of your card (+ link/picture) would be nice

Here what u requested.... 

here the link of the video card: https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/GT6402GD3/

Paolo’s iMac.zip

config.plist.zip

post-1374472-0-28738200-1443998604.jpeg

DarwinDumperReports.zip

Here what u requested.... 

here the link of the video card: https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/GT6402GD3/

Here you go, Paolo.

1. make a backup of your current config.plist

2. replace it with the one in the archive

3. reboot

If anything, try with and without PatchVBios in Clover config. See if it makes any difference. I checked it by default.

fix gt640.zip

• Like 1

Here you go, Paolo.

1. make a backup of your current config.plist

2. replace it with the one in the archive

3. reboot

If anything, try with and without PatchVBios in Clover config. See if it makes any difference. I checked it by default.

You are the top!! Replaced config.plist and is working like a charm!! Very thanks man!

Can i ask what was the problem and how u solved? I want to understand more about hackintosh to help other people if  I can :)

Thanks again...

You are the top!! Replaced config.plist and is working like a charm!! Very thanks man!

Can i ask what was the problem and how u solved? I want to understand more about hackintosh to help other people if  I can :)

Thanks again...

Cool! Glad to hear that.

Well, basically it's just "pushing" a little bit your system to see the boot-display, basically the connection you're using. You're on port #2 (@1), so I set the config to use that according to your ioreg. I will write a tutorial on how to do that so we can refer people later. I just didn't have much time to do it lately.

• Like 1

Cool! Glad to hear that.

Well, basically it's just "pushing" a little bit your system to see the boot-display, basically the connection you're using. You're on port #2 (@1), so I set the config to use that according to your ioreg. I will write a tutorial on how to do that so we can refer people later. I just didn't have much time to do it lately.

Very good idea! Btw is that normal that if i UNCHECK verbose(-v) in config.plist, when booting os x i see apple logo loading on first time, then it disappear for 1-2 seconds and then it appears again for the second time loading until i get login screen? 

Very good idea! Btw is that normal that if i UNCHECK verbose(-v) in config.plist, when booting os x i see apple logo loading on first time, then it disappear for 1-2 seconds and then it appears again for the second time loading until i get login screen? 

Yes.

I have the same flow. You can check it out here. In theory it should be smooth. And, for as far as I understood, it is for laptops, for some reason. But right now, no one knows how to fix this perfectly for desktops. So yes, there will be a little gap between first stage and second stage boot.

I think this problem is due to the fact that iMac has integrated monitor. So OS X see default monitor of iMac as default 1st monitor. But in hackintosh we have not a default screen because we attach our monitor trought dvi or hdmi port. We have to tell OS X (with Dsdt or with clover) that monitor we Are using is default monitor (like default integrated iMac monitor).

Correct me if i am wrong :-)

I think this problem is due to the fact that iMac has integrated monitor. So OS X see default monitor of iMac as default 1st monitor. But in hackintosh we have not a default screen because we attach our monitor trought dvi or hdmi port. We have to tell OS X (with Dsdt or with clover) that monitor we Are using is default monitor (like default integrated iMac monitor).

Correct me if i am wrong :-)

Sounds legit. Though my own experience is pretty limited in this area. So...I don't know. But it sounds about right to me.

Well, I give up. No matter what I try, I still can't get the damn thing to work. Whats more interesting is that it's working fine when booting to recovery.

did you try enabling csm in BIOS?

Also, are you trying this with or wothout csmvideodrv in Clover?

I really don't know what to say, man...

Amd yeah, I agree. That it weird.

I also used to have sort of a successful second stage boot (loading bar was back centered where it should be) when installing the OS. But after that, everything was going south.

By the way, now we have a dedicated tutorial, as well.