can we get back the apple logo on boot?

Best Answer SunKi, 11 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

For the Black theme would require another compilation?

yes, because it is just 'for example' ;)

here:

https://dl.dropboxus...lover_black.zip

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
675 replies to this topic

spitjo

spitjo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Same glitch here with i5 2500k and HD3000 :(

Edit: Find solution in Post 331

Now all works fine without kext-[/size]dev-[/size]mode=1 as boot arg :)[/size]

I can't remove that argument since without it i have no audio cause applehda is not loaded complaining about a bad signature....
Any other solution?

EDIT: I tried removing the boot arg but no difference. Post 331 clover patch already applied

a1k0n

a1k0n

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 545 posts

i am using USB Audio Stick. Only HDMI Audio work with nativ AppleHDA and DSDT but with digital sound i can't use Volume slider -.-

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,045 posts

@Mirone

is your boot like this?

Here is working well, the two stages 

there were times when the boot was like a real mac.

waxfuzz

waxfuzz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

I have the two stages working fine, but between stage1 and stage2 it goes black for a little, it's normal ?

I applied the patch from post 331

Ramalama

Ramalama

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

I have the two stages working fine, but between stage1 and stage2 it goes black for a little, it's normal ?

yes i have same here too, it goes black for a secound?^^

arsradu

arsradu

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

For as far as I know, yes, that's intended.
At least you both got both stages to be displayed right...

spitjo

spitjo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Same here as you can see in my video, but instead going black it is fuzzy for a short time...
It's a little frustrating...

crushers

crushers

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh,Windows,Linux and any more OS

I don't have a second stage on boot.Lather post a video.

.venice.

.venice.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

I tried with patches from post 331 using a discrete Radeon 7770. Nothing worked until a fresh install of Yosemite. Now I've got both stages and a beautiful animation upon entering the desktop :) Finally.

arsradu

arsradu

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

I tried with patches from post 331 using a descrete Radeon 7770. Nothing worked until a fresh install of Yosemite. Now I've got both stages and a beautiful animation upon entering the desktop :) Finally.

Glad it worked for you. Still no change for me, even after a fresh install.

Interestingly enough, if I disable acceleration (check nv_disable=1 in Clover Configurator), the loading bar goes back on the center of the screen. Still no logo though... And of course this setup is unusable on a daily basis.

jamiethemorris

jamiethemorris

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

I have been experimenting with Yosemite with a GTX 980 on my hack recently, and I have the same problem with the loading bar moving around and stuff. I just had a thought though. nv_disable=1 basically keeps all the Nvidia kexts from loading. What if we just made them load later in the boot time, as a launchdaemon or something? Or maybe just messing around with the IOProbeScore... Then you would have the right boot screen, and the kexts would (ideally) load right after the boot screen is finished. Just a thought. I do something similar with GenericUSBXHCI... If it loads before my login items, the whole system freezes, so I have an AppleScript load it from my user folder. Obviously not exactly the same thing, but it's a similar concept.

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Anybody having issues with 10.10.2?  The patches I added to Clover don't seem to work anymore.  The data that needs patching has probably been moved in the most recent IOGraphicsFamily.kext.  Anyone find a solution?

Izsakirobi

Izsakirobi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Anybody having issues with 10.10.2?  The patches I added to Clover don't seem to work anymore.  The data that needs patching has probably been moved in the most recent IOGraphicsFamily.kext.  Anyone find a solution?

The 10.10.2 IOGraphicsFamily same as 10.10.1. But i found new patch datas: http://www.insanelym...0102/?p=2088359

I use first single patch and work with 10.10.2 ;)

arsradu

arsradu

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
Still no hope for us, I guess... Weird enough this was not an issue until DP3 or so... After that, same issue all the way to the final build and all the updates following that. Too bad...

jamiethemorris

jamiethemorris

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Is there a solution to having no progress bar? On my XPS720, I have the Apple logo for the first stage boot with Clover's "alternate" customlogo option. but no progress bar. I also don't have any progress bar with the default grey on white screen. For either one it goes to a black screen and then shows for a split second on the second stage boot. I am using the IOGraphicsFamily second stage boot patch. 

I'm still on Clover 2774, is that the problem? It's working fine otherwise so I haven't updated yet.

gujiangjiang

gujiangjiang

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

yes .. the white apple logo only appear in my main display ... not in the secondary display ...

Same problem with me
With second stage boot logo miss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy