can we get back the apple logo on boot?

JahStories

769 posts in this topic

Determining these factors: 

1 SMBIOS, I suggest using MacPro6,1 or iMac14,1 ​​/ 14.2. 

2 Your DSDT should have the corrected values ​​for: "@ 0, AAPL, boot-display" where "0" represents where your graphic card is installed. 

3 You should change your DSDT GFX0 to GFX1. 

4 Any iGPU (IntelHD) must be disabled in your BIOS.

Determining these factors: 

1 SMBIOS, I suggest using MacPro6,1 or iMac14,1 ​​/ 14.2. 
2 Your DSDT should have the corrected values ​​for: "@ 0, AAPL, boot-display" where "0" represents where your graphic card is installed. 
3 You should change your DSDT GFX0 to GFX1. 
4 Any iGPU (IntelHD) must be disabled in your BIOS.

1. done.

2. I'm pretty sure we already tried that. didn't work.

3. not sure about this one. and since I don't know how to modify a DSDT...I don't know what is it set to be. But I feel like we tried that too already and it didn't work.

4. done.

Hi

I was having a major glitch on the boot screen of Yosemite final with HD4000 (second stage apple totally "destroyed in lines all over the screen") (laptop with 7 serie chipset)

I used the clover patch suggested at post 331 and the situation is really better but i still see the "destroyed" apple during the transition between first and second stage.

Any idea?

Thanks

Hi

I was having a major glitch on the boot screen of Yosemite final with HD4000 (second stage apple totally "destroyed in lines all over the screen") (laptop with 7 serie chipset)

I used the clover patch suggested at post 331 and the situation is really better but i still see the "destroyed" apple during the transition between first and second stage.

Any idea?

Thanks

Just put up a short video to let you see the glitch. The video is recorded at 1/8 speed to let you see the glitch better.

Same glitch here with i5 2500k and HD3000 :(

Edit: Find solution in Post 331

Now all works fine without kext-[/size]dev-[/size]mode=1 as boot arg :)[/size]

I can't remove that argument since without it i have no audio cause applehda is not loaded complaining about a bad signature....

Any other solution?

EDIT: I tried removing the boot arg but no difference. Post 331 clover patch already applied

I have the two stages working fine, but between stage1 and stage2 it goes black for a little, it's normal ?

I applied the patch from post 331

yes i have same here too, it goes black for a secound?^^

For as far as I know, yes, that's intended.

At least you both got both stages to be displayed right...

I have the two stages working fine, but between stage1 and stage2 it goes black for a little, it's normal ?

I applied the patch from post 331

yes i have same here too, it goes black for a secound?^^

Same here as you can see in my video, but instead going black it is fuzzy for a short time...

It's a little frustrating...

I tried with patches from post 331 using a discrete Radeon 7770. Nothing worked until a fresh install of Yosemite. Now I've got both stages and a beautiful animation upon entering the desktop :) Finally.

I tried with patches from post 331 using a descrete Radeon 7770. Nothing worked until a fresh install of Yosemite. Now I've got both stages and a beautiful animation upon entering the desktop :) Finally.

Glad it worked for you. Still no change for me, even after a fresh install.

Interestingly enough, if I disable acceleration (check nv_disable=1 in Clover Configurator), the loading bar goes back on the center of the screen. Still no logo though... And of course this setup is unusable on a daily basis.

• 1 month later...

I have been experimenting with Yosemite with a GTX 980 on my hack recently, and I have the same problem with the loading bar moving around and stuff. I just had a thought though. nv_disable=1 basically keeps all the Nvidia kexts from loading. What if we just made them load later in the boot time, as a launchdaemon or something? Or maybe just messing around with the IOProbeScore... Then you would have the right boot screen, and the kexts would (ideally) load right after the boot screen is finished. Just a thought. I do something similar with GenericUSBXHCI... If it loads before my login items, the whole system freezes, so I have an AppleScript load it from my user folder. Obviously not exactly the same thing, but it's a similar concept.

Anybody having issues with 10.10.2?  The patches I added to Clover don't seem to work anymore.  The data that needs patching has probably been moved in the most recent IOGraphicsFamily.kext.  Anyone find a solution?

Anybody having issues with 10.10.2?  The patches I added to Clover don't seem to work anymore.  The data that needs patching has probably been moved in the most recent IOGraphicsFamily.kext.  Anyone find a solution?

The 10.10.2 IOGraphicsFamily same as 10.10.1. But i found new patch datas: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302788-pre-release-os-x-yosemite-10102/?p=2088359

I use first single patch and work with 10.10.2 ;)

Is there a solution to having no progress bar? On my XPS720, I have the Apple logo for the first stage boot with Clover's "alternate" customlogo option. but no progress bar. I also don't have any progress bar with the default grey on white screen. For either one it goes to a black screen and then shows for a split second on the second stage boot. I am using the IOGraphicsFamily second stage boot patch. 

I'm still on Clover 2774, is that the problem? It's working fine otherwise so I haven't updated yet.

• 3 weeks later...

This is supposed to help for HD4000 but I'm using it on my Radeon HD7770 and it works flawlessly. Courtesy of @artur-pt from here

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Yosemite Logo</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
QYjE6xE=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
QYjE6zE=