@ rigs I can't get up and running

77 posts in this topic

Ok thanks again to everyone because with all the suggestions and maybe me not trying everything together I got it on the DG41RQ by setting the BIOS to Legacy, SATA Only and turning on UEFI and then installing Mavericks with Chameleon EFI as the bootloader options and now it botts to Chameleon and then into Mavericks.  I can now finish this quad-boot up and be done after 1+ months of headache after headache.

Thanks again to namvan and dcai777.  You guys rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

bman1096  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Ok first I want to thank everyone for their help on the Gigabyte board.  I have it quad-booting UEFI Mavercks, 7, 8.1 and Ubuntu awesome!!!  The other rig which is the DG41RQ I am trying to see about getting it to work now that I Enabled UEFI BOOT in the Boot section of the BIOS.  I can get Mavericks to install with Clover UEFI and can tweak Clover with the Configurator in Mavericks but when I restart or boot fresh I get past the Intel splash screen and then get a blank screen with a cursor blinking about 2 lines down.  No Clover and nothing when I press keys so now what could be the issue?  This will complete the setup since I can duplicate the Gigabyte board setup on the DG41RQ if I can get Clover to boot and show.

Thanks again and let's complete this thread and I can mark it as Complete and be forever in dcai777 and namvan's debt.

Glad to hear 'working'. Nothing more haunted than the box with all stuff but not-working. It could kill your brain haha.

I had the exact same issue with Clover for my laptop. Here is what happened to me

1) Boot from Niresh usb --> Blank screen with blink cursor.

2) Press 1 when boot from Niresh usb --> show me Chameleon --> get in okay

3) Install Clover using its package. Need to select the option correctly: where to install, what fixes. I took no fixes and just enabler my NVIDIA. For Clover, i took the partition with OSX since its my first partition.

Its crucial to select correctly where to install Clover.