@ rigs I can't get up and running

77 posts in this topic

okay. based on your disk partition i suggest this setup if you want to use Clover/Chameleon and BIOS boot. I do not have UEFI so I can not help you with that for now. If you insist, I could try.

1) Find Clover package / Chameleon Wizard and use it to install boot loader to your HFS partition (Mavericks).

2) In your CMOS set up, select the boot priority to your harddrive and you are done.

- Be aware that you might have 2 places for this boot priority as in one of my box. It has a place for me to select the boot priority by type: USD-HDD, USB-FDD and CDROM.... I need to select Harddisk for it. Then it has another section which list all device name: harddisk with model name, CD ROM, plugged usb... I need to select the correct harddisk from there as well. So AND condition basically.

If these do not work. Try step 1 again but select the option that activate the partition with bootloader when installing.

BTW, please fix your 2 builds to your signature. I have to scroll up and down to see your configurations. Cheers.

now regarding your second unworking box. This looks potential.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288136-what-is-better-for-an-uefi-board-clover-or-chameleon/

Have you figured out the setting to Legacy BIOS from your motherboard?

If yes, have you tried to boot Niresh installation disk and press 1 within 2 seconds after you could see some number print out? It will go to Clover by default if you dont press 1.

Ok will try the BIOS looking.  Also how do I fix them to my signature?

Thanks

i manually added mine.

Ok installed Clover and set to MBR and it installed and then I rebooted and get boot1: error and nothing.

Ok little info.  I do have a UEFI Boot option in the Boot section of the BIOS that I have set as Disabled.  Should I have set this whole thing up with UEFI Enabled and tried Clover?  If so I have to start all over again.  Let me know if this should be attempted and tomorrow I will start all over again.

If Chameleon is working for you, stick with it.

The only issue you have now is to set the default boot to the correct partition (drive). I'll get the setting in my BIOS for you when I get home. It was confusing for me as well when I looked at it first times for it was not really related to the boot priority but it did.,

A good way to test is

1) Create a usb bootable from here http://www.sysresccd.org/Sysresccd-manual-en_How_to_install_SystemRescueCd_on_an_USB-stick

2) Make whatever changes you could to you BIOS

a) Disable all harddrives

b ) Make any combination you could come up with so that it boot from the USB drive

Once confirm the setting, switch correctly to the harddrive with Chameleon.

see the screenshots. it will be the AND condition.

I just remember that if you use Clover, it will reset your bios when it hangs.

What's your issue with the second box again please?

post-988710-0-36038500-1403796464_thumb.png

post-988710-0-94531200-1403796468_thumb.png

Ok I will check your settings and mine.  The 2nd box has now only 1 issue.  I am trying to install Ubuntu 14.04 in UEFI and I can't get a UEFI boot option for it.  I have the amd64 iso on both a flash drive and dvd and neither gives me the UEFI boot option from the F12 Boot Menu on the Z77M-D3H Gigabyte board.  All other OSes are working.

Ok my BIOS is not exactly the same but I have the only boot device is the HDD in Legacy mode and no USB booting enabled so nothing should stop the HDD from booting Chameleon

Ok for fun I tried setting the DG41RQ up with UEFI boot enabled and installed Niresh 10.9 with CLover UEFI and now it boots to a blinking cursor black screen but the Intel Boot Error is no more.  What could be my issue with not getting Clover to come up?

Ok first I want to thank everyone for their help on the Gigabyte board.  I have it quad-booting UEFI Mavercks, 7, 8.1 and Ubuntu awesome!!!  The other rig which is the DG41RQ I am trying to see about getting it to work now that I Enabled UEFI BOOT in the Boot section of the BIOS.  I can get Mavericks to install with Clover UEFI and can tweak Clover with the Configurator in Mavericks but when I restart or boot fresh I get past the Intel splash screen and then get a blank screen with a cursor blinking about 2 lines down.  No Clover and nothing when I press keys so now what could be the issue?  This will complete the setup since I can duplicate the Gigabyte board setup on the DG41RQ if I can get Clover to boot and show.

Thanks again and let's complete this thread and I can mark it as Complete and be forever in dcai777 and namvan's debt.