@ rigs I can't get up and running

77 posts in this topic

I don't know so tomorrow I will get you the model to check and if not then something else is causing the motherboard issue but it sounds like a good idea that the 500gb is 4k as well.  Thanks so far and will continue tomorrow with the model.

Ok reinstalled with Niresh and then ran mb and installed Chameleon then rebooted to linux for the 4k fix and it said completed so I restarted and get the Intel Motherboard error again

Ok a little good update:

If I press F10 on the intel splash screen on boot which is the Boot Menu option and choose the HDD it then gives me Chameleon and works but now to figure out how to get it to not need the F10 Boot Menu

Ok I want to thank you dcai777 for your help on the DG41RQ.  It is working Quad-Boot except for the F10 Boot Menu at the start but I can live with that.

Now as far as the Gigabyte board goes if you can help at all:

I have successfully installed Mavericks and Windows 7 and WIndows 8.1 all UEFI and Clover is working to boot but how do I separate 7 and 8.1 from the Boot Windows EFI into 2 separate boot choices and hid the Legacy Boot from HD#?  Also how do I install Ubuntu 14.04 in this UEFI setup and get it to boot from Clover?  I am so close on this one too but have a bit stopping me.

Thanks,

bman1096

Also how do I install Ubuntu 14.04 in this UEFI setup and get it to boot from Clover?

I believe that Clover just detects it and boots it... I think.

I have successfully installed Mavericks and Windows 7 and WIndows 8.1 all UEFI and Clover is working to boot but how do I separate 7 and 8.1 from the Boot Windows EFI into 2 separate boot choices and hid the Legacy Boot from HD#?

I'm not sure, but maybe just install the boot loaders separately? 

Ok I tried to get Ubuntu up and when I boot from the usb and install it then restart it is on Cover but won't start just goes to a black screen with blinking cursor so I need to know how to install it in UEFI so Clover can boot it.  

Also the 7 and 8.1 issue is more like this:

After they are installed I see Boot Microsoft from Legacy HD for each which do not work and 1 for Boot Microsoft from EFI which then gives me the Win 8.1 bootloader for 7 and 8.1 which I want not to show up and have Clover give me the 7 an 8.1 as menu options.  

Does anyone have a way to get these all to work UEFI with Clover and Mavericks so I can put this issue to bed?

Thanks,

bman1096    :(  :(  :(

You might want to check out the wiki, since I'm on my iPod right now and I have little to no knowledge about clover. I usually use Charmelon since I have no UEFi computers.

Ok I am frustrated with my Gigabyte Z77M-D3H board.  I want to set the whole quad-boot in legacy so I can dump the windows bootloader so I can use either Clover or Chameleon but how do I get the board to only do Legacy installs of the OSes and not use the UEFI side?  Please can someone help because I have been beating myself up for over a month on this board.

How can you make Quad? MBR will allow you 4 partitions max. If you install Windows first it will probably use 2 then you have 2 left. Also it will create a system reserved and you will boot from there all the time regardless of Chameleon setup.

to fix your F10 issue try this

- Boot with Windows Recovery CD or Windows Installation CD then to to command prompt (Shift F10 in Installation CD). Use this command

bcdboot c:\windows /s c:

Make sure your Windows installation is in C: and Clover is at your Active Partition.

Ok reinstalled with Niresh and then ran mb and installed Chameleon then rebooted to linux for the 4k fix and it said completed so I restarted and get the Intel Motherboard error again

Ok a little good update:

If I press F10 on the intel splash screen on boot which is the Boot Menu option and choose the HDD it then gives me Chameleon and works but now to figure out how to get it to not need the F10 Boot Menu

Just a check. Did you set the partition with Chameleon as Active?

Well I have another system that is a working quad-boot with it all working but not a UEFI motherboard like the Gigabyte one I want to get working.

Well, if you could detail your steps, I could be able to come up with something for you to try.

I recently build 1 laptop dual boot Windows and 10.9.3 and a desktop but my desktop has 2 HDDs so it was quite easy. The laptop only has 1 hdd so I have to use hybrid MBR although it's ugly and will not survive after upgrade.

Ok do I want to make the Mac OS or the EFI partition active?  I have Chameleon on the Mac OS partition and made it active and did the Windows CD bcdboot thing and still get the same F10 only way to boot to Chameleon.

if you could, boot to your osx, launch termial then screenshot me the details of your disk. type the

diskutil list then diskutil info

Still if you could write the steps you took to setup the box, I could trace back to provide you a bit more info.

Cheers.