Chameleon r2377 Yosemite Install succes !

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone !

I just wanted to report a triple boot OS X 10.9.3/Win8.1/Yosemite install success using Chameleon r2377 for Yosemite !

I was using Clover to boot OS X 10.10 until the release of a Chameleon compatible version for Yosemite.

First, I downloaded the package Chameleon r2377 for Yosemite (take care to select the Chameleon r2377 OS X Yosemite.zip, not just the Chameleon r2377.pkg.zip AND the V2 version);

Just in case, I removed Clover boot files and rename EFI folder to EFI Clover (don't know if it's usefull but this way I'm sure that Chameleon will be the default bootloader)

Then I laucnhed the installer and selected my OS X 10.10 partition. Finally, I rebooted and changed my boot sequence to boot directly on my OS X 10.10 partition. I added my own bootflags (I need GraphicsEnabler=Yes and USBBusFix=Yes) and boot in verbose.

On my first try, I was stuck at AppleSMBus failed to start then I remember that I already have fakesmc.kext and NullCPUPowerManagment.kext installed in S/L/E. Then I rebooted on my 10.9.3 partition and look into Extra/Extensions folder to see what kexts was inside. There was both FakeSMC and NullCpuPowerManagment kexts plus a set of others kexts that I usually don't use to boot Mavericks (especcially AppleAPCIPlatform which I think was the cause of my hang).

So I removed Extensions Folder from Extra and rebooted on my 10.10 partition and voilà !

Everything works perfect, I can triple boot any OS and all my kexts works.

Thanks and credits goes to Chris1111 and the Chameleon team, you rules Guys !

Hope this helps others having troubles to boot OS X 10.10 with Chameleon.

• Like 2

Congratulations!

What you also can do is a "dual bootloader setup" so you don't have to deinstall or disable any of the two loaders. To do this, install Chameleon and then Clover on top, but make sure you select UEFI install only. Then you can switch bootloaders by disabling or enabling UEFI boot in your BIOS. Was quite handy when I did side to side testing with Clover and Chameleon. Of course this only works with UEFI boards.

• Like 1

Congratulations!

What you also can do is a "dual bootloader setup" so you don't have to deinstall or disable any of the two loaders. To do this, install Chameleon and then Clover on top, but make sure you select UEFI install only. Then you can switch bootloaders by disabling or enabling UEFI boot in your BIOS. Was quite handy when I did side to side testing with Clover and Chameleon. Of course this only works with UEFI boards.

Good tip!

Yes thanks for the tip !

But that's the point (for me) !

I don't have an UEFI mobo so that's why I wondered how to choose between Clover and Chameleon. I tried to left Clover files in the root of my HDD but with this setup, Chameleon was never "activated". So you confirm what I suspected : "dual bootloaders boot" is only possible with a modern mobo.

Congratulations!

For legacy BIOS systems,  you can install boot1f32alt to chainload Chameleon from Clover - see also  Clover wiki.

Procedure For Installing Clover to Chainload Chameleon in Yosemite

1. Install Clover into the EFI of your boot drive with the following options and "Use Alternative Booting PBR"

post-846696-0-92428900-1402660837_thumb.png

2. Download Chameleon r2378_Yosemite boot file from here and rename it boot1

3. Mount the EFI partition and copy boot1 into it

post-846696-0-13882600-1402661198_thumb.png

4. Reboot the computer and when you see Clover's blinking underscore, press the <1> key during the two second pause ----> Chameleon will take over the boot process ----> boot into Yosemite.  If you don't press any key, it automatically defaults to a normal Clover boot.