x79 Deluxe - UPDATED

Toooorch

22 posts in this topic

This is not exactly complete guide step by step, but after read this you should install without problems.

What's you need?

• 8GB flash drive or partition on your HDD

What's not working?

• onboard WiFi (kernel panic)

For create USB/Partition use this method with awesome automatic script:

2ia9wud.jpg

After you create USB/Partition install Clover (r2696 and newest) to the USB/Partition and modify config.plist boot section adding this arguments:

<key>Arguments</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000</string>

After you modified config.plist copy mandatory kexts to /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10/ on your USB/Partition

• FakeSMC.kext

Now you are finished with prepare of the installer media. Then you boot from install disk, you really need is disable WiFi 802.11ac in BIOS/Motherboard devices. If you don't disable this, it means you don't have a chance to boot because kernel will panic. (Here's problem with WiFi ac controller?)

After you install Yosemite, don't forget to install Clover and move kexts folder from install media to EFI on your system. Post-install need install this kext with kext helper.

• GenericUSBXHCI.kext (USB3 support)
  • IOBluetoothFamily.kext (My kext for Asus BT4.0)
  • RealtekRTL8111.kext
  • AppleIntelE1000e.kext

Tat's all and your x79 Deluxe based build could working perfectly. I hope I can find a way to do functional WiFi, but after trying id injection I still have a problem with kernel is panic. Stay tuned for update.

All files you need it in this pack:

https://mega.co.nz/#!ZF0mVAxa!e7XXek37I9lsBU3Mskwwy0D6sE2-EjK5W0_MGBUDBVk

• Like 1

I fully support your board with my x79 DMG:

http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/dsdt-downloads/asus-x79/

With my SSDT your wifi will work. BT support is beta atm. Also you do not need to disable the onboard wifi to boot into clover just get rid of all the DSDT patches it applies. 

Also the PM solution is included. Be sure to use all the files on the DMG for full support for the board. 

Best of luck. 

• Like 1

Tried this, got OSX installed tot he USB,  and installed Clover to the USB. But mys system doesnt want to boot clover bootlader, everytime i force it to load up the USB, no bootloader is detected and i end up at the chameleon bootloader on my SSD.

Its as if clover isnt even installed on the USB, but the files are all there, and i modified the config.plist.

Nah i used the included config with the boot flags as in OP kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000

I meant i used your config for installation of clover (the settings in the wizard).

Though npci=0x2000 gets round the PCI COnfig error, but didnt seem to this time.

Nah i used the included config with the boot flags as in OP kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000

I meant i used your config for installation of clover (the settings in the wizard).

Though npci=0x2000 gets round the PCI COnfig error, but didnt seem to this time.

Using Clover right now under 10.10 and it does work. Will post my config file tomorrow... 

• 2 weeks later...

Got caught up with exams, just had a go with your config rampagedev. I used the picture in OP to configure Clover, then copied your config over. In UEFI i still get stuck at PCI Configuration. In BIOS mode i get stuck at RTC Single...... (Possibly the same thing just not enough time to print the log to PCI error).

I remember a similar issue with the DSDT for my Ramapage Gene IV board until you updated the DSDT's, could this be related?

There is no DSDT on the DMG.... only SSDT's...

Sounds like you don't have clover installed correctly. Reset the BIOS as there is no need to change any setting. 

Also sounds like you are not installing clover as UEFI... 

Yes ive installed Clover as UEFI, as im pressing F8 on bootup and selecting UEFI: USB Stick, which does boot into the UEFI Clover bootlader. In the BIOS i only changed the secure boot to Other OS, when Windows OS is selected it refused to boot Clover UEFI. I can put this back and try again. I have just installed clover with your wizard settings in the X79 DMG and about to give that a go with your config.plist that youve attached.

Sorry i did mean SSDT, too used to saying DSDT.

Also i notice you didnt use "kext-dev-mode=1" in your config, any reason?

We'll I found out my problem, the config.plisr must go in the ESP partition found under /volumes/esp/efi, not in the normal partition where the OSX install files reside. Booted up no problems now. Only found that out when I saw the ESP partition in the installation log of clover.

• Like 1

Now I've got it installed, where do I install the Kexts from the X79 DMG? I tried kext helper and that installed them too S/L/E but the NIC is still not seen.
I installed the SSDT to efi/clover/acpi/patched and I can see the the audio injection works. I assume we need an audio patch like before to get the audio to work. The inputs and outputs are detected in system profiler - audio, but nothing appears in settings - sound.

I tried putting Kexts in the efi partition but that didn't work either.

Some tips?

Edit
Was looking in wrong place, the NIC is working, so just need Audio patch.

Edit 2

Got Audio working using the ALC898 Kext for Rampage Gene IV from here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite-dp2/

And i modified RampageDev SSDT to use layout ID 4 for the HDEF Section as requested by the Kext in the link. Ports don't match up right, so will try Layout ID 1 like normally later. Currently the two Line Out's are using Rear Speaker and Centre Bass.

Last thing to get to work is Sleep and Overlocking. Sleep sends the monitor asleep, but the PC stays on.

Overclocks only work with bclk and looks like no C States work. Ive put my old SSDT-1.aml in the EFI/clover/ACPI/Patched folder. bdmesg shows it does load, but has no effect as far as i can tell.

Edit 3

Using APICPM from RampageDev DMG i have the overlock and C states working to the some extent.

Here is the Geekbench 3 3960x 4.75Ghz 1866Mz CL10 Ram.

oLbAxdj.png

Using the Layout 1 ID in SSDT doesn't work with the patched Audio Kext atm. Layout 4 works to some extent, but ports are assigned wrong.

I'm using sabertooth x79 and rampagedev ssdt. Installation has been pretty straightforward but no luck with audio. Normal Toledo patches don't work as others noted, I tried his clover method but still no luck. Anyone have luck?

I'm using sabertooth x79 and rampagedev ssdt. Installation has been pretty straightforward but no luck with audio. Normal Toledo patches don't work as others noted, I tried his clover method but still no luck. Anyone have luck?

I have audio working in dp1 but after dp2 came out I can not get audio working again.

His patches do not work but the old method is working... Ie the method we use every year for dp's. There is a repository here on I'm.

Ive setup a UEFI dual boot with Windows 7 and Yosemite, however I'm having an issue installing the 10.10 1.0 update, it seems to complete, but on reboot it says some updates did not install. Is it because of the NTFS partition on the drive? Something isn't playing nice because when i didn't have Win 7 installed it installed no issues. OS X reportSystem Version: OS X 10.10 (14A238x), is that old?

Edit

Fixed after following this

http://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/06/17/os-x-v10-10-yosemite-update-1-build-14a261i/

mr.west, try the link in my previous post for patched AppleHDA.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...