Toshiba Satellite S55-A5257 DSDT Help

tinkleton

18 posts in this topic

I am trying to follow RehabMan's guide on patching the DSDT for Haswell Laptops. So far, I have a vanilla install rite now; I have not installed any fixes with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] yet. I tried to use MaciASL but it said I had 22 errors and I could not figure out how to fix them. So, what I did was get DSDT Editor and had it fix the errors for me. It managed to fix 18 errors leaving only 4 left to be fixed so I can proceed to patch my DSDT with RehabMan's guide. Here is a link to the 4 remaining errors I have: http://imgur.com/cZsDLqA

Any help would be much appreciated! :)

I am trying to follow RehabMan's guide on patching the DSDT for Haswell Laptops. So far, I have a vanilla install rite now; I have not installed any fixes with ##### yet. I tried to use MaciASL but it said I had 22 errors and I could not figure out how to fix them. So, what I did was get DSDT Editor and had it fix the errors for me. It managed to fix 18 errors leaving only 4 left to be fixed so I can proceed to patch my DSDT with RehabMan's guide. Here is a link to the 4 remaining errors I have: http://imgur.com/cZsDLqA

Any help would be much appreciated! :)

I don't have any such guide. I have a repo for the HP Envy 15 and the Lenovo U430.

Other than that, every laptop tends to be unique. Post your files from Linux (DSDT/SSDTs).

Is this what you want? My DSDT? If so, here it is. http://www.mediafire.com/view/3zwaou0uuo83bzi/System_DSDT.dsl

Not really... you will eventually need all OEM SSDTs from Linux (/sys/firmware/acpi/tables, /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic). File attached is clean of errors.

System_DSDT.dsl.zip

Not really... you will eventually need all OEM SSDTs from Linux (/sys/firmware/acpi/tables, /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic). File attached is clean of errors.

Will this DSDT work with my laptop? Why do I need the SSDTs from linux? Does that mean I need to install linux onto my computer and get them? Sorry for all the questions, i'm extremely new to all of this.

Will this DSDT work with my laptop? Why do I need the SSDTs from linux? Does that mean I need to install linux onto my computer and get them? Sorry for all the questions, i'm extremely new to all of this.

You need all the files because the files DSDT+SSDTs are a "set" and are intended to work together. You will get a better disassembly of all files if they are disassembled together with 'iasl -da'.

Also, some of the things you will want to patch for will be in the SSDTs, not DSDT.

No need to install Linux... just run it from the USB.

You need all the files because the files DSDT+SSDTs are a "set" and are intended to work together. You will get a better disassembly of all files if they are disassembled together with 'iasl -da'.

Also, some of the things you will want to patch for will be in the SSDTs, not DSDT.

No need to install Linux... just run it from the USB.

Here are those files you requested I get from Linux. Finally managed to do it. Hope these are what you wanted; I followed this guide: http://www.niresh12495.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&search_tags=SSDT&search_app=ccs

Dump Files & System Devices.zip

Here are those files you requested I get from Linux. Finally managed to do it. Hope these are what you wanted; I followed this guide: http://www.niresh12495.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&search_tags=SSDT&search_app=ccs

Good, now you have them all. Disassembling with 'iasl -da dsdt.dat ssdt*.dat' seems to go pretty well. Give it a try.

Ok, I have gone ahead and done that. What exactly am I trying to do and how do I go ahead and fix my problem. I'm trying to follow this guide:http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/386054-How-To-Fix-Your-Buggy-DSDT, but it is for another linux distro and is a little different from what you are telling me; but then again, I have no idea what I am doing. Could you please shed some light?

Ok, I have gone ahead and done that. What exactly am I trying to do and how do I go ahead and fix my problem. I'm trying to follow this guide:http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/386054-How-To-Fix-Your-Buggy-DSDT, but it is for another linux distro and is a little different from what you are telling me; but then again, I have no idea what I am doing. Could you please shed some light?

What problem are you trying to fix with DSDT patching?

What problem are you trying to fix with DSDT patching?

According to Ubuntu, I only have 1 error as opposed to the 4 I have in OSX. Here it it:

Intel ACPI Component Architecture

ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20140214-64 [Mar 29 2014]

Copyright © 2000 - 2014 Intel Corporation

Compiler aborting due to parser-detected syntax error(s)

/home/ubuntu/dsdt.dsl  10102:             Arg0

Error    6126 -                             ^ syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0

ASL Input:     /home/ubuntu/dsdt.dsl - 33195 lines, 1040329 bytes, 17631 keywords

Hex Dump:      /home/ubuntu/dsdt.hex - 229 bytes

Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

According to Ubuntu, I only have 1 error as opposed to the 4 I have in OSX. Here it it:

/home/ubuntu/dsdt.dsl  10102:             Arg0

Error    6126 -                             ^ syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0

ASL Input:     /home/ubuntu/dsdt.dsl - 33195 lines, 1040329 bytes, 17631 keywords

No idea without the actual file.

Here is the dsdt. It is in the folder with the other files; for some reason the uploader said I didn't have permission to upload the dsdt.dsl

Simply remove each line causing the errors.

Simply remove each line causing the errors.

I now get a new error:

/home/ubuntu/dsdt.dsl  10100:     OperationRegion (SPRT, SystemIO, 0xB2, 0x02)

Error    6126 -                                ^ syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_OPERATIONREGION, expecting '{'

ASL Input:     /home/ubuntu/dsdt.dsl - 10104 lines, 339204 bytes, 3936 keywords

dsdt.dsl.zip

I now get a new error:

/home/ubuntu/dsdt.dsl  10100:     OperationRegion (SPRT, SystemIO, 0xB2, 0x02)

Error    6126 -                                ^ syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_OPERATIONREGION, expecting '{'

ASL Input:     /home/ubuntu/dsdt.dsl - 10104 lines, 339204 bytes, 3936 keywords

Incorrect edits to Method ADBG...

How was it supposed to be edited

You should have removed only the line causing the error, not entire method body including open '{' ... close '}'