OSX 10.10 Dell Latitude E6400

krzysztofc10

80 posts in this topic

Ok after playing for almost 2 days with config file almost day and night I have managed to get audio working only if I disable

speedstep in bios which is strange because speedstep still work in yosemite

I have not a clue why is that but now I can watch video ok plus sound effect in system preferences work fine too while

before they did not

I have 2 e6400 one with p8600 2.4ghz and other with p8700 2.53ghz both with same problem 

This is my  latest config for clover

config.plist.zip

Latest update I have reinstalled yosemite from scratch using clover but result still the same if I enable speedster in bios

sound and video out of sync and sound effects in system prefs distorted

So fine disabling speedster in bios because OS X will speedstep anyway but not a good idea if I want to install windows too

Running out of ideas

Edited by robi62

• 1 month later...

could somebody tell me if they ever got the trackpad to work with 2 finger scrolling?  Mine's running beautifully, speed step, sleep/wake all function well. My sound got corrupted after installed Boom2device app, and no matter what i did i couldn't get the AppleHDA.kext to load. Now I'm using VoodooHDA and it's working just fine..

• 2 months later...

1. Clover_v2k_r2953

2. Patched for the Audio: IDT 92HD71 Codec

3. Yes, 3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo T9900 CPU

*Note: Neglected to mention another functional improvement since my last instructional post is the addition of the VoodooSDHC.kext patched by "slice" which enables the PCI Card Reader in the Dell Latitude E6400.

Will this work on the E6500? I'm thinking it is almost same hardware but wider screen. Also you mention VoodooSDHC.kext but attachement is VoodooHDA.zip. I should just install and override whatever I have?