OSX 10.10 Dell Latitude E6400

krzysztofc10

80 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone ! :)Ā 

I'm trying to boot OS X 10.10 dp1 in my laptop but It wan't I have only white line.Ā 

I did everything with instructions from other topics. I create OSX 10.10 Installation into my USB 3.0 Pendrive - Master boot record formated in OSX extended. Copy Packages folder. 2 Packages into root, install clover, add flag. And I have white line when I'm trying to boot.Ā 

Ā 

Anyone can help ? Could you also check my dst files :/ and give my information about what kexts and where I must put them to work :)

I really appreciate your help. Sorry I don't know much about hackintosh I'm Newbie :(

Ā 

Ā 

Laptop Spec:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2,8ghz 6Mb cache

4GB Ram DDR2 800Mhz

Nvidia Nvs 160m 256mb

120GB Hard drive

Resolution: 1440x900

Ā 

Ā 

Extra.zip

I have OS X 10.10 'Yosemite' working quite well on my Dell Latitude e6400 with almost the exact same specs as you accept my CPU: 3.06 GHz and RAM Memory: 8 GB. Ā  Ā I skipped creating an installer and instead removed my Latitudes HD, placed it in an external firewire enclosure and hooked it up to a real Mac Book Pro. Ā  Instead of formatting to MBR, I formatted the entire hard drive in GUID & Mac Extended Journaled. Ā  Once the install was complete, I then installed Clover in "Legacy Mode" where you reformat the invisible Apple EFI partition to Fat32 and install Clover in the ESP while making all the appropriate selections (as pictured).

Ā 

Initially, the only kext files I used in getting Yosemite to boot were the ethernet kext, the new slice/netkas FakeSMC.kext and NullPowerManagemnet.kext. Ā  My EFI/Clover/kexts/other folder now contains only those * as pictured * as I have since found the NullPowerManagement.kext is not needed. Ā  Ā As I first mentioned, I was happy to discover that OS X 10.10 runs rather well on my E6400 with several notable exceptions. Ā  As my Intel WiFi does not even work in Mavericks, I had been using a USB wireless adapter with a Ralink driver installed however that driver is not working in Yosemite so I am using an ethernet connection for internet. Ā VoodooHDA 2.8.5 provides sound but it is very lack luster (alot of crackling and of poor quality) so I have instead hooked up a USB Audio Interface for audio. Ā  VoodooBattery is also quite sporadic but it's the best I have been able to find as the patchedĀ AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext does not work for me in Mavericks either.

Ā 

Aside from that and for such an early release, I am actually surprised how smooth and stable Yosemite operates. Ā It took a bit of effort though I was even able to get both iMessages and FaceTime to work as well ! Ā  I am generally quite satisfied that my Latitude e6400 continues to be compatible with Apple's latest OS X releases and I am looking forward to seeing it run Yosemite once further improvements/developments and updates are made.

post-1126120-0-59118300-1402427463_thumb.jpg

post-1126120-0-86840400-1402427531_thumb.jpg

post-1126120-0-19519300-1402427542.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok So I've installed OSX 10.10 with Chameleon but Touchpad doesn't work - it's crazy and the pointer goes crazy aroud screen :C But trackpad work and no Sound at all for now :P Anyone know how to fix this ?Ā 

for audio kext look at the download section, for trackpad i can upload a working kext for you

I don't use any of that and I've tried with the kext from your bootpack and also with that for 10.10 (dp5), I had fix permission and it isn't working :C

can you save and upload a ioregistryexplorer file?

do you start with kext-dev-mode=1

• 2 weeks later...

I've change to MacbookPro 5,2 Smbios.plist and use Kextutility to fix permission but nothing change :P Gui is still little laggy and sound doesn't work :(

Wow! I've one more time download your Extra pack. Every kext drag to Kextutility, and delete from /E/E and reboot, now in sound option settings and Midi I have my internal speakers and everything is set :) Thank you man ! :D You make my day! :D

MacBookPro.zip