iMessage "!Not Delivered" issue

JBud

15 posts in this topic

It gives me random error messages like

"[AppleID or Phone Number] is not registered with iMessage."

or 

"Your message could not be sent. - Click "Try Again" etc"

I used the nvram workaround as-well as adding a valid serial for my "mac model", and added a new valid credit card. I am now signed into the mac app store, iCloud, and even signed into iMessage. But I cannot send or receive messages.

Any ideas?

This is what I did to get my iMessage working!

Open System Preferences click Network and RENAME your Ethernet to en0 (Do not delete and recreate)

After doing that go to  /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ and delete these files/folders:

• CaptiveNetworkSupport
  • Com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
  • Com.apple.eapolclient.configuration.plist
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist

After that reboot and see if it works, if not try and reset your password on your Apple account. That is what I did to make mine work, make sure you do this in the order provided, doing them in a different order may not work.

• Like 1

I have tried ALL of these methods. My NVRAM seems to be ok, my new credit card is applied, my ethernet is set to en0, my new password is now applied, 4 files in/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ no longer exist, I haven't called apple support, may end up trying it as a last resort

I created a new account, and tried changing my pasword. Still a no-go. I don't want to attempt a reinstall, while I'm sure it would be faster than the first time, it took several hours of troubleshooting and I have everything just right

I created a new account, and tried changing my pasword. Still a no-go. I don't want to attempt a reinstall, while I'm sure it would be faster than the first time, it took several hours of troubleshooting and I have everything just right

You may have the same problem I have, your ethernet is not recognised as builtin. Also, the ethernet adaptor must be appear as Ethernet, not Ethernet Adaptor (en0) or something like that.

Once I was able to make it work but now, no luck.

Will do but as I´m new to Clover, just started using it to test Yosemite, I noticed, although it should make my ethernet builtin, it never did:

wRiCtPt.png

Or, even after reading a lot about Clover, I missed how to make/use a command to set it builtin

Tried. No go.

And on the same computer all my other OSX (Snow, Lion, MTLion and Mavericks) I´m able to use iCloud, iMessage or AppStore.

Yeah OS X 10.10 DP1 = Very, very bugs.

Only way is wait to final version. 

Yeah, I know that. But I managed to make it work until last weekend. 

Reinstalled all to see how would behave the new Clover and "clean" my install and voilá, its broken.

I think it's a bug: happens with me also, I cannot send actually any imessages, but iMessage is indeed being enabled with Yosemite - I know it because in fact I can receive imessages, and every time I log in with iMessage on DP1, a pop-up appear in all my Macs and iOS devices warning that my AppleID is being used to log in with iMessage with my DP1 computer name. So the problem isn't with registration itself, but with the very action of sending imessages. Hope it gets fixed in the next DP.

• Like 1