Lenovo E540 Intel HD 4600 and DSDT help

danz207

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

So after a few days I managed to install OS X on my Lenovo E540 laptop with a modified kernel but I am having a few problems, mainly graphics and audio.

Lets start with graphics, I had assumed it would work natively, I was wrong. I have an Intel Core i5 4200M with 4600 graphics, it started out coming up as a generic adapter with 3MB of vram then I added 'GE=Yes' and 'IGP=Yes' and it identified itself. I then added 'IntelAzulFB' and a number to my boot .plist and as I go through the numbers the ram changes (vram has changed to 7mb so I guess thats progress? :blink: ). I'm only up to 6 so I'll try the rest but I thought I'd get a head start on seeking another opinion.

Now I don't have a DSDT nor do I know how to compile/patch one, if anyone could take a shot at creating one for me I'd be very grateful! I have attached my DSDT in .dsl and .aml form (DSDT.zip).

I would have preferred the 4600 to work natively but if it could be injected (correct term?) into my DSDT so that it's compatible with any future updates (10.9.x) or OS's (e.g. Yosemite) then that would be great.

I did move all AppleIntel* kexts to a back up folder (via Chameleon '-s') but that did nothing, I have restored them now.

I am using a Realtek RTL8111.kext to get my ethernet working and Voodoo PS/2 to get my trackpad and keyboard working. Interestingly I now have to boot with '-f' to enable.

Also have to specify my resolution in my boot .plist, would like that to be managed by OS (same thing I know, just a preference).

Heres my boot .plist:

<key>GUI</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1920x1080x32</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>IGPEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>IntelAzulFB</key>
	<string>6</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>-f</string>
	<key>Quiet Boot</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<string>/Extra/SMBios.plist</string> MacBookAir6,2 (Haswell)
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>

Again please note that with 'IntelAzulFB 6' I am still going through the numbers.

Also my audio is Conexant, don't know if that helps, Voodoo didn't work even after deleting AppleHDA.

I've also got a weird icon in the status bar, no idea why its there or what it does, powering off card does nothing. 

post-592336-0-16596000-1402293920.png

Thanks for taking the time to read (or skim) over this and if you need any more info or have a suggestion, please do reply  :lol:

try this one

attachicon.gifDSDT.zip

Hey artur-pt,

Thanks for the DSDT, unfortunately the graphics still don't work and MaciASL shows 201 errors.

But thanks anyway  ^_^

Also I've changed my boot.plist, maybe theres a problem in it;

<key>DSDT</key>
	<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
	<key>GUI</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1920x1080x32</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>IGPEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>-f</string>
	<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<string>/Extra/SMBios.plist</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>

hello

i will see it again later ...

and see what errors it have ..

but that is strange .. a dsdteditor don't give chance to save a file in aml with errors.

good hack

but that is strange .. a dsdteditor don't give chance to save a file in aml with errors.

Yes they don't do they..

Maybe I'm mistaken? I opened it up in MaciASL and clicked compile and 201 errors were reported, I can provide a screenshot if you want?

But unfortunately audio and graphics were not working.

Thanks again