Lenovo E540 won't boot into installation (Apple logo reboot)

danz207

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad E540 and was envying OS X after watching WWDC and thought I'd see if I could get it running.

Before I go any further, I understand that laptops are the worst machines for a hackintosh but I'm not going to spend hundreds on a PC that I will use a few times a month.

Let's start with my specs;

Intel i5 4200M Haswell

Intel HD 4600 graphics & GT 740M 2GB graphics

SanDisk 240GB Extreme SSD & WD Scorpio Blue 1TB

8GB 1333MHz RAM

Full HD (1080p) embedded DisplayPort (eDP) built-in display

I started with using MyHack with MBR support as I want to dual boot Win7 and OS X on SSD, I know that's not practical but I have no space on my other HDD.

When that didn't boot I tried http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/ (as it has worked plenty of times in the past), but same thing happened, the Apple logo flashed and it restarted.

I tried booting with every flag I've used in the past, "-f GraphicsEnabler=No dart=0" worked for me with a previous machine but I've used a combination of '-s, -x, -v, -f, GE=Yes/No, PCIRootUID=0/1, then I started changing BIOS settings beginning with disabling VT-d and switching from Nvidia Optimus to just intergrated graphics but again no. SATA is on ACHI just FYI.

First I'd like to ask if anyone can see any problems either hardware, BIOS or software related.

Secondly if everythings alright, what am I doing wrong?

Now I do have an Intel 7260 wireless card installed, I understand that this will never work so I was wondering if the intergrated Realtek PCIe GBE (8110 I think, or 8xxx not sure) would at least work?

I've also tried deleting all Apple Intel HD drivers.

Any information or thoughts would be very helpful, I am using a legally obtained version of Maverics (MAS) but I think it's 10.9 or 10.9.1, will redownload latest version from store.

Thank you in advanced, Dan207

Hey artur-pt,

Thanks for the link, I'll look into that tomorrow, in the meantime I downloaded an updated version of Mavericks (from 10.9 to 10.9.3) and tried various times to at least boot into the installer with no luck.

I created a bootable usb with MyHack with added MBR support, removed GE=Yes from boot and added MacbookAir6,2 SMBios to Extra folder. Nothing.

I am trying 'Niresh's version just to see if that will at least get me to the installer, but I don't think I'll have any luck there.

As for the extra hardware, I still don't know the specific ethernet model (can narrow it down to 8xxx), I have an HM87 chipset and Conexant audio.

I also tried to boot with 'USBBusFix=Yes', 'UseKernelCache=No' and 'IGPEnabler=Yes'.

If someone could help me see what I'm doing wrong I'd be very grateful.

Thank you.