Dual boot not working Clover

6 posts in this topic

I've installed Mavericks with Clover and Windows 8.1 after installing Windows 8.1 now it boots straight up.

Windows 8.1 will be used both as a dual boot OS and as a virtualized OS in Parallels (with the Boot Camp function)

To boot Mac I have to use the install disk. I've reinstalled Clover to the boot disk multiple times but still Windows 8 boots.

I am new to Clover, with Chameleon just reinstalling it again fixed it, clover doesn't

Thanks

Did you install Windows in legacy mode on an MBR partitioned hard drive or in UEFI mode on GPT/GUID disk?

I find Clover works much better in a dual boot situation with UEFI Windows on a GPT/GUID hard drive - eg see @pokenguyen's AIO guides.

Thanks, my HD is GPT (formatted via OS X installer) but Windows says it's in legacy mode

post-767483-0-67056400-1402230975_thumb.png

(I've taken the screenshot from Windows booted from Parallels but it's the same as booted directly)

Should I reinstall it?

Before reinstalling Windows in UEFI mode...

Could this new UEFI Windows be used as a Parallels VM (via Boot Camp boot) as well as a regular dual boot? if not I will scrap this and live with this (need to plug the USB installer to boot OS X) unless I find some tutorial to dual Boot Windows and OS X without UEFI.