Intel HD 4600 QE/CI Yosemite

wusa

482 posts in this topic

this HD 4600 graphics card has 2 device id's. 0x04128086 for desktop PC and 0x04168086 for laptops, based on processors inside. 

the first device id is present inside both azul framebuffer and appleintelhd5000graphics kext. I also installed DP2 but no QE/CI yet. To enable QE i have to inject a fake device id 0x04128086 using clover to get my card detected. This is because I have a mobile processor with 0x04168086 intel graphics chipset.

injected fake device id the resolution its fine without  modifying kexts but no qe/ci 

post-1348578-0-23415100-1403115085_thumb.png

• Like 1

Both Intel HD4600 and AMD 7950 display cards are working in 10.10 DP2 now.

Just using previous DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml in Mavericks in org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Your HD 4600 are working because you are using the Desktop version. Desktop version and mobile version have different IDs. Desktop: 0x04128086, Mobile: 0x04168086. In AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext's and AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext's plists have only device IDs for Desktop version of HD 4600.

• Like 1

Hello n3r3d3,

Does it make sense to Instlal now DP2, or will Apple release a next DP that breaks everything? I still got no idea how to upgrade the DP safe.

n3r3dr: Can you confirm it really works with the HD4600 mobile Intel graphics? Can you maybe post a step to step tutorial? I am really new to all this. What do you mean with "works"`? Do you mean "QE/CI" fluid support?

Hello n3r3d3,

Does it make sense to Instlal now DP2, or will Apple release a next DP that breaks everything? I still got no idea how to upgrade the DP safe.

n3r3dr: Can you confirm it really works with the HD4600 mobile Intel graphics? Can you maybe post a step to step tutorial? I am really new to all this. What do you mean with "works"`? Do you mean "QE/CI" fluid support?

The desktop HD4600 is supported and working, however the laptop version still isn't working properly. It all depends which you're planning to install on. If you're thinking of doing it on a laptop, I would wait.

Oddly, I'm not getting any graphics at all from my desktop HD 4600 booting with clover, and enabling it with config.plist. I know the computer is up because I can access my files via afp/smb, but the monitor just goes to sleep when it gets to the part of the boot where it should display the login screen. DVI/HDMI/DP.... nothing.

Anybody else run into anything similar?

Oddly, I'm not getting any graphics at all from my desktop HD 4600 booting with clover, and enabling it with config.plist. I know the computer is up because I can access my files via afp/smb, but the monitor just goes to sleep when it gets to the part of the boot where it should display the login screen. DVI/HDMI/DP.... nothing.

Anybody else run into anything similar?

Exactly same problem here. Also tried on all ports. Several configs.

EDIT:

Just tried to insert my custom EDID but still no go. The machine is up and pinging but no loginwindow. it's also unable to connect via screensharing while I know its running (in enabled it with Intel inject)

Day 3 to get this problems solved... :(

Exactly same problem here. Also tried on all ports. Several configs.

EDIT:

Just tried to insert my custom EDID but still no go. The machine is up and pinging but no loginwindow. it's also unable to connect via screensharing while I know its running (in enabled it with Intel inject)

Day 3 to get this problems solved... :(

Ended up booting my ssd on a real Mac and updated to DP2, and it worked. Something with the DP1 graphics drivers I guess.