Intel HD Graphics 4600 Can't change brightness.

Raff7M

166 posts in this topic

Make sure the drivers are attaching to AppleUSBEHCI (USB2), not AppleUSBXHCI.kext or GenericUSBXHCI.kext. So...

1) In the case of GenericUSBXHCI.kext use -gux_defer_usb2.

2) In the case of AppleUSBXHCI.kext install GenericUSBXHCI.kext see 1)

Okay!, Thank you sir.

• 2 months later...

Hey RehabMan... I have updated to os x 10.10 and now my qe/ci has gone...

it shows me only Intel HD Graphics 4600 4MB

I tried this thread ##### but it didn't work for me... do you think it's possible to make it work again ?

Note: am using ig-platform-id

and DSDT SSDT patches

Hey RehabMan... I have updated to os x 10.10 and now my qe/ci has gone...

it shows me only Intel HD Graphics 4600 4MB

I tried this thread #### but it didn't work for me... do you think it's possible to make it work again ?

Note: am using ig-platform-id

and DSDT SSDT patches

That fix works. You should read up on the background: https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/09/10/experimental-bin-patch-for-hd4600-mobile-gt2/

I fixed it with little more effort, but can I ask you for the best AppleHDA patching guide there are too many out there.

Thanks.

I've not done a patched HDA from beginning to end. But I would probably start with Mirone's post.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey again, problems never end :/

So I had a problem on my hard disk so i had to delete everything on it....

Now after installing OS X Yosemite again... everything working as usual except 2 things or 1

-- VoodooBattery.kext doesn't load if I put DSDT.aml in patched folder in clover

-- Brightness fn keys doesn't work

I Used exactly the same settings that I used before, I'm sure because the USB I made before was never formatted, and I kept it for backup

So what do you think is the problem, or what should I do ?

Hey again, problems never end :/

So I had a problem on my hard disk so i had to delete everything on it....

Now after installing OS X Yosemite again... everything working as usual except 2 things or 1

-- VoodooBattery.kext doesn't load if I put DSDT.aml in patched folder in clover

-- Brightness fn keys doesn't work

I Used exactly the same settings that I used before, I'm sure because the USB I made before was never formatted, and I kept it for backup

So what do you think is the problem, or what should I do ?

I don't use VoodooBattery, so can't help you there. Sounds like you have an issue with your patched DSDT, though...

I'm pretty sure DSDT patches for brightness Fn keys are covered in this thread. You should re-read it.

I don't use VoodooBattery, so can't help you there. Sounds like you have an issue with your patched DSDT, though...

I'm pretty sure DSDT patches for brightness Fn keys are covered in this thread. You should re-read it.

Okay, it seems that I have to redo my DSDT :/

I repatched everything one by one nothing changed the files were okay but there is something else.... what do you suggest ?

I repatched everything one by one nothing changed the files were okay but there is something else.... what do you suggest ?

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.

Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,

rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract
Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:

kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.

Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,

rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract
Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:

kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Here is everything.

Archive.zip

You did not provide the output from the two kextstat commands.

Also, please upload native DSDT and SSDTs as extracted from Linux (do a fresh extract).

Rehabman, am really sorry I wasted your time, I have just extracted all DSDT/SSDT Files from linux and dissassebled them in Linux, then patched them again in Maciasl, everything worked back!

But am still wondering why the old ones stoped working while they were working before formatting my hard disk, so weird :/

And thank you so much your help is really appreciated.

Rehabman, am really sorry I wasted your time, I have just extracted all DSDT/SSDT Files from linux and dissassebled them in Linux, then patched them again in Maciasl, everything worked back!

That's what I figured...

But am still wondering why the old ones stoped working while they were working before formatting my hard disk, so weird :/

And thank you so much your help is really appreciated.

You probably changed something which affected the native DSDT. BIOS option changes, BIOS version changes, amount of memory installed, WiFi card installed... all of those can affect the native DSDT (specifically OperationRegion addresses) which creates a need to re-patch.

You can avoid some of this by using:

config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/NewWay_80000000=true

config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixRegions_10000000=true

But it only works with DSDT, not SSDTs... so if any OperationRegion addresses change in a (patched) SSDT, you'd still need to re-patch.

• Like 1

That's what I figured...

You probably changed something which affected the native DSDT. BIOS option changes, BIOS version changes, amount of memory installed, WiFi card installed... all of those can affect the native DSDT (specifically OperationRegion addresses) which creates a need to re-patch.

You can avoid some of this by using:

config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/NewWay_80000000=true

config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixRegions_10000000=true

But it only works with DSDT, not SSDTs... so if any OperationRegion addresses change in a (patched) SSDT, you'd still need to re-patch.

True I have updated the BIOS! And now I know what to do if something happened in the future.

Thank you again :)