Intel HD Graphics 4600 Can't change brightness.

Raff7M

166 posts in this topic

here is it....

Looks good...

But what about the random reboot ?

Usually the result of bad/unstable drivers. You're using a bunch I'm not using:

- VoodooBattery (I use my own ACPIBatteryManager)

- VoodooHDA (I use patched AppleHDA)

And then there is also USB WiFi drivers... To be avoided. Have you considered replacing your USB WiFi with a supported PCIe WiFi card? If not an option, make sure your Realtek USB WiFi drivers are the latest from the Realtek site.

Am not going to replace my new laptop's wifi for mac XD
I will get the best kext files... I guess based on what you said the problem is the USB wifi.... I had problems with it.... I guess I don't have latest drivers... :)
Thank you so much for the walkthrough I really appreciate it....
I guess no one would be able to help like you did you really Rock! I really wish if I can pay back your help but it seems my knowledge suck beside yours haha :P
Thanks again! Cheers! Happy world cup season if you watch it :D

Am not going to replace my new laptop's wifi for mac XD

I will get the best kext files... I guess based on what you said the problem is the USB wifi.... I had problems with it.... I guess I don't have latest drivers... :)

Thank you so much for the walkthrough I really appreciate it....

I guess no one would be able to help like you did you really Rock! I really wish if I can pay back your help but it seems my knowledge suck beside yours haha :P

Thanks again! Cheers! Happy world cup season if you watch it :D

Realtek USB WiFi has problems on hacks using AppleUSBXHCI.kext. Use GenericUSBXHCI.kext instead with kernel flag -gux_defer_usb2. This will force the device onto EHC1/EHC2 and AppleUSBEHCI.kext. It is more stable there.

Replacing WiFi card with an OS X compatible one is inexpensive and easy provided your BIOS has no whitelist implemented. I just purchased an AR9280 card (AR5BHB92) for $5.99 free shipping via ebay.

Realtek USB WiFi has problems on hacks using AppleUSBXHCI.kext. Use GenericUSBXHCI.kext instead with kernel flag -gux_defer_usb2. This will force the device onto EHC1/EHC2 and AppleUSBEHCI.kext. It is more stable there.

Replacing WiFi card with an OS X compatible one is inexpensive and easy provided your BIOS has no whitelist implemented. I just purchased an AR9280 card (AR5BHB92) for $5.99 free shipping via ebay.

How can I add it to the config.plist ?

I think you made me reconsider that.... I'll try to find it somewhere in the market because currently I can't buy online.. :)

Hi, just a fast question why am hearing crackling sound after updating to 10.9.3 :/ ?? (I was on 10.9.2)

I don't know. You're using VoodooHDA, which I don't ever use. I prefer to use patched AppleHDA. Done correctly, more native and a better result.

Use google to search for a guide.

Okay, but I was downloading something suddenly laptop reboots and it's unable to get to os x :/

When the progress bar ends my laptop shutsdown XD

In verbose: this progress bar seem to mean: Repairing volume... Then cpu is halting.

post-1358186-0-57880200-1403361925_thumb.jpg

post-1358186-0-01286500-1403362261_thumb.jpg

Okay, but I was downloading something suddenly laptop reboots and it's unable to get to os x :/

When the progress bar ends my laptop shutsdown XD

In verbose: this progress bar seem to mean: Repairing volume... Then cpu is halting.

You're using USB WiFi, right?

Currently yes, I thought the usb2 arg has fixed the problem because I was used my laptop for 3 hours without a sudden restart yesterday :(

I don't know which USB WiFi device you're using. I've had ok results with my Edimax EW-7811UN with the latest drivers from edimax/realtek site. But early on I had stability issues, but I think that was when it was attaching to AppleUSBXHCI.kext instead of GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

At any rate, USB WiFi is not as reliable as native PCIe WiFi. If you have the opportunity to replace your incompatible PCIe WiFi with a compatible card, doing so is a "no brainer."

I don't know which USB WiFi device you're using. I've had ok results with my Edimax EW-7811UN with the latest drivers from edimax/realtek site. But early on I had stability issues, but I think that was when it was attaching to AppleUSBXHCI.kext instead of GenericUSBXHCI.kext.At any rate, USB WiFi is not as reliable as native PCIe WiFi. If you have the opportunity to replace your incompatible PCIe WiFi with a compatible card, doing so is a "no brainer."

TP-Link TL-WN723N V3

How can I guarantee that the usb wifi is what doing this sudden reboots ?

TP-Link TL-WN723N V3

How can I guarantee that the usb wifi is what doing this sudden reboots ?

There is no way to determine what is causing sudden reboots. Process of eliminating suspected causes...

Is that realtek based? Which drivers are you using?

There is no way to determine what is causing sudden reboots. Process of eliminating suspected causes...

Yes it is....

However I don't need it anymore iOS 7.1.1 is jailbroken now and I can tether internet from my iPhone so I don't need a new wifi :D

Hi,

i have a weird issue. I can change brightness through brightness slider app from the app store, but it only changes from 50% down to 0.

It won't go over 50%.

I used the acpibrightness.kext or so from rehabman.

dear Raff7M, i dont't know if this can help, but before replacing my stock intel wifi card for a compatible pcie wifi+bluetooth combo, i used the same TP-Link TL-WN723N V3 as you.

i was using drivers from hackintoshosx.com site, and in my personal experience, i used it with no reboots in two rigs: a samsung np530c ultrabook, and the hp envy 17t-j100 in my signature.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello rehabman again!,

first of all sorry that i didn't answer the second part of your question i was in a harry and didn't noticed it.... i used this driver from here: http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/3539-tp-link-tl-wn723n-v3-tl-wn725n-v2-usb-wifi/     // because the original didn't work

I wanna ask you about replacing the wifi card on my lenovo...

I saw many reports about lenovo boards doesn't support any wifi card do you know anything about this...?

because i wanna do what you said, its better.. (replacing the wifi)

Hello rehabman again!,

first of all sorry that i didn't answer the second part of your question i was in a harry and didn't noticed it.... i used this driver from here: http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/3539-tp-link-tl-wn723n-v3-tl-wn725n-v2-usb-wifi/     // because the original didn't work

I wanna ask you about replacing the wifi card on my lenovo...

I saw many reports about lenovo boards doesn't support any wifi card do you know anything about this...?

because i wanna do what you said, its better.. (replacing the wifi)

Off-topic, but I'll let the mods move it if they want to...

If it is Realtek-based USB WiFi, get drivers from Realtek site.

Lenovo laptops often have a BIOS whitelist that limits your choices. You may be able to flash a patched BIOS...

Off-topic, but I'll let the mods move it if they want to...

If it is Realtek-based USB WiFi, get drivers from Realtek site.

Lenovo laptops often have a BIOS whitelist that limits your choices. You may be able to flash a patched BIOS...

I should have post this thread to notebooks forum from the beginning because it gone off-topic everywhere XD

I used drivers from realtek website first but their application did not open when I plug the usb-wifi  it shows the icon on the dock but wont run.

and does patching the bios may ruin it somehow ? // because you know if bios is gone the whole laptop is going to be trashed :P

I should have post this thread to notebooks forum from the beginning because it gone off-topic everywhere XD

I used drivers from realtek website first but their application did not open when I plug the usb-wifi  it shows the icon on the dock but wont run.

and does patching the bios may ruin it somehow ? // because you know if bios is gone the whole laptop is going to be trashed :P

Make sure the drivers are attaching to AppleUSBEHCI (USB2), not AppleUSBXHCI.kext or GenericUSBXHCI.kext. So...

1) In the case of GenericUSBXHCI.kext use -gux_defer_usb2.

2) In the case of AppleUSBXHCI.kext install GenericUSBXHCI.kext see 1)