Intel HD Graphics 4600 Can't change brightness.

Raff7M

166 posts in this topic

I have it disabled already in BIOS!

Try it anyway. I've seen cases where the BIOS disable doesn't actually work...

Also, boot verbose so you know what is happening. Perhaps you forgot to inject FakeSMC...

Try it anyway. I've seen cases where the BIOS disable doesn't actually work...

Also, boot verbose so you know what is happening. Perhaps you forgot to inject FakeSMC...

The problem was DromOEM option I switched it to false it passed, but now it seems I have a graphical problem, it stucks at that blutooth error -_-

The problem was DromOEM option I switched it to false it passed, but now it seems I have a graphical problem, it stucks at that blutooth error -_-

No idea without photo...

That's what am getting :/ (injecting either EDID or Intel will cause early reboot)

You need to inject Intel to get ig-platform-id to have any effect.

And your nvidia drivers are loading and interfering. Remove them (NVDA*, Geforce*), or use FakeID to disable the nvidia device, or disable nvidia from BIOS.

You need to inject Intel to get ig-platform-id to have any effect.

And your nvidia drivers are loading and interfering. Remove them (NVDA*, Geforce*), or use FakeID to disable the nvidia device, or disable nvidia from BIOS.

I can't delete them because i used this way to copy mavericks on the usb http://cloverboot.weebly.com/copy-mavericks-to-usb.html (the second way is just stucking on bootcache even if the dropoem is set to false)

how to use the FakeID ? or what should I set it to ?

here is my config on the USB

config.zip

I can't delete them because i used this way to copy mavericks on the usb http://cloverboot.weebly.com/copy-mavericks-to-usb.html (the second way is just stucking on bootcache even if the dropoem is set to false)

how to use the FakeID ? or what should I set it to ?

here is my config on the USB

Look at NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/Info.plist. You'll see that IOPCIMatch is set to match on any nvidia gfx device: 0x000010de&0x0000ffff

FakeID documentation:

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Devices#FakeID

So what you want to do is Inject/Nvidia=true, set FakeID/Nvidia=0x00018086. eg. setting it to a bogus Intel device should keep NVDAStartup.kext from loading. Hopefully, it doesn't match on class (IOPCIClassMatch) as there is no way to inject a fake class.

There is also a feature in Clover that allows you to block a kext: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2656&view=findpost&p=40305. In theory you could block NVDAStartup.kext with that feature.

If that doesn't work, then you should create your USB the other way (restore BaseSystem.dmg, remove Packages link, replace with Packages folder, etc.) that way you can remove the kext from SLE. I think this is what you mean by "second way" above... If you hang while using such a USB it just means you didn't create it correctly.

Look at NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/Info.plist. You'll see that IOPCIMatch is set to match on any nvidia gfx device: 0x000010de&0x0000ffff

FakeID documentation:

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Devices#FakeID

So what you want to do is Inject/Nvidia=true, set FakeID/Nvidia=0x00018086. eg. setting it to a bogus Intel device should keep NVDAStartup.kext from loading. Hopefully, it doesn't match on class (IOPCIClassMatch) as there is no way to inject a fake class.

There is also a feature in Clover that allows you to block a kext: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2656&view=findpost&p=40305. In theory you could block NVDAStartup.kext with that feature.

If that doesn't work, then you should create your USB the other way (restore BaseSystem.dmg, remove Packages link, replace with Packages folder, etc.) that way you can remove the kext from SLE. I think this is what you mean by "second way" above... If you hang while using such a USB it just means you didn't create it correctly.

I have remade the config file and now it works!

Did not deleted anything...

But now the problem is that I can't move the cursor or use keyboard, I fixed them by adding PS2Controller.kext... Now I can move cursor and use keyboard but I can't click with touch or actual click what should I do ?

I have remade the config file and now it works!

Did not deleted anything...

But now the problem is that I can't move the cursor or use keyboard, I fixed them by adding PS2Controller.kext... Now I can move cursor and use keyboard but I can't click with touch or actual click what should I do ?

There is no native support for PS2 in OS X. In order to use your PS2 devices you have to add drivers. Make sure you choose an appropriate driver depending on the manufacturer of your trackpad.

There is no native support for PS2 in OS X. In order to use your PS2 devices you have to add drivers. Make sure you choose an appropriate driver depending on the manufacturer of your trackpad.

I used the same one that was working on iAtkos :/

I used the same one that was working on iAtkos :/

Obviously not working very well...

Use a USB mouse in interim. Then determine which trackpad you have. Then find appropriate drivers and read the instructions for installing it.

Obviously not working very well...

Use a USB mouse in interim. Then determine which trackpad you have. Then find appropriate drivers and read the instructions for installing it.

Got almost everything.. But not brightness change :( and I can't boot without the USB after running clover with the same settings I did on the USB I get boot0af: error :/

Got almost everything.. But not brightness change :( and I can't boot without the USB after running clover with the same settings I did on the USB I get boot0af: error :/

Why using Clover legacy? Does your laptop lack UEFI?

As for brightness, post ioreg...

It doesn't lack UEFI but when I enable it in my BIOS my HDD isn't being recognized :/

You need to install a UEFI bootloader to have UEFI BIOS recognize UEFI boot.

As for backlight control,

Your DSDT contains PNLF, generated via Clover "auto patch". Recommend using no Clover DSDT autopatches.

According to your bootlog, no patched DSDT or SSDTs are present in ACPI/patched.

In addition, power management is not correct. At minimum, you need to drop OEM CPU related SSDTs and use PluginType=1 in config.plist.

Now is probably a good time to review all the posts I've made in this very thread.

You need to install a UEFI bootloader to have UEFI BIOS recognize UEFI boot.

As for backlight control,

Your DSDT contains PNLF, generated via Clover "auto patch". Recommend using no Clover DSDT autopatches.

According to your bootlog, no patched DSDT or SSDTs are present in ACPI/patched.

In addition, power management is not correct. At minimum, you need to drop OEM CPU related SSDTs and use PluginType=1 in config.plist.

Now is probably a good time to review all the posts I've made in this very thread.

I did everything you said now (I don't see brightness slider in display now :/), final request can i ask you to review those files

and I would really really appreciate it if you can patch my dsdt and ssdts Some why I think am doing them wrong (I have included them separately)? :/

Archive.zip

I did everything you said now (I don't see brightness slider in display now :/), final request can i ask you to review those files

and I would really really appreciate it if you can patch my dsdt and ssdts Some why I think am doing them wrong (I have included them separately)? :/

No brightness slider because no patched SSDT4 with PNLF(where your GFX0 device is). Also OEM SSDTs for CPU should be eliminated from ACPI/patched.

Only thing in ACPI/patched should be DSDT.aml, SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-4.aml, SSDT-5.aml. All patched as described earlier in this thread (all: GFX->IGPU rename, SSDT-4: GFX-IGPU rename+Brightness Fix Haswell).

I don't have time right now to patch for you, but you should probably read through this thread to see if you can accomplish it yourself.

No brightness slider because no patched SSDT4 with PNLF(where your GFX0 device is). Also OEM SSDTs for CPU should be eliminated from ACPI/patched.

Only thing in ACPI/patched should be DSDT.aml, SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-4.aml, SSDT-5.aml. All patched as described earlier in this thread (all: GFX->IGPU rename, SSDT-4: GFX-IGPU rename+Brightness Fix Haswell).

I don't have time right now to patch for you, but you should probably read through this thread to see if you can accomplish it yourself.

I have only one problem is the ssdt5 it is all about errors every error line i remove 10 more errors -_- when you have the time just if you can give it shot for me from your knowledge if you can't, no problem thanks in so many ways for coming this long :)

I have only one problem is the ssdt5 it is all about errors every error line i remove 10 more errors -_- when you have the time just if you can give it shot for me from your knowledge if you can't, no problem thanks in so many ways for coming this long :)

Correctly disassembled (iasl -da), SSDT5 has only one error. Fix: remove the line.

Correctly disassembled (iasl -da), SSDT5 has only one error. Fix: remove the line.

It seems like now i knew how to load the patched files because I am unable to boot XD boot in nano seconds: 7272819

I moved the ssdt-4 from windows it booted then what's wrong ?

It seems like now i knew how to load the patched files because I am unable to boot XD boot in nano seconds: 7272819

I moved the ssdt-4 from windows it booted then what's wrong ?

Post a pic of the KP if you're getting a panic. Make sure you saved the files in the correct format (Format: ACPI Machine Language Binary). OS X doesn't like AML files that are actually text.

Post a pic of the KP if you're getting a panic. Make sure you saved the files in the correct format (Format: ACPI Machine Language Binary). OS X doesn't like AML files that are actually text.

they are saved as ACPI Machine Language Binary(.aml)

I was reading the other topic and found the same errors in ssdt-4 are showing like this is that wrong ?

(btw I didn't understand what you said after that I mean the commands.... XD) http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296213-brightness-dsdt-patching/?p=1995757

post-1358186-0-41665500-1402522013_thumb.jpg

they are saved as ACPI Machine Language Binary(.aml)

Post a ZIP of the actual files you have there. Hard to tell from the photo of the KP because you cut off the top of the screen. When you take a pic of a KP, you need to capture the entire screen as the whole screen contains important information.

I was reading the other topic and found the same errors in ssdt-4 are showing like this is that wrong ?

(btw I didn't understand what you said after that I mean the commands.... XD) http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296213-brightness-dsdt-patching/?p=1995757

You didn't disassemble correctly. Use 'iasl -da *' to disassemble with all SSDT/DSDT, then edit exclusively the resulting DSL. Save to AML when you have your patches complete and place them in ACPI/patched. Never open an AML directly... always the DSL.

Post a ZIP of the actual files you have there. Hard to tell from the photo of the KP because you cut off the top of the screen. When you take a pic of a KP, you need to capture the entire screen as the whole screen contains important information.

You didn't disassemble correctly. Use 'iasl -da *' to disassemble with all SSDT/DSDT, then edit exclusively the resulting DSL. Save to AML when you have your patches complete and place them in ACPI/patched. Never open an AML directly... always the DSL.

man still the same -_- it seems not going to work ever :/ I dissassembled them in linux once and osx once the same result

Files.zip