Intel HD Graphics 4600 Can't change brightness.

Raff7M

166 posts in this topic

Brightness adjustment will not work with a desktop framebuffer. Post your actual files if you want me to look again. For troubleshooting your boot process, use verbose.Also, try with DropOem=true *and* all SSDTs (patched ones and unpatched ones, eg. SSDT-1 through SSDT-8) in ACPI/patched. Generally, you need power management implemented properly to get QE/CI with laptop framebuffer. It is why I always implement power management first.

Which files ?

0x0a260006 this one worked and qe/ci is still there, brightness control under display is showing now, but not changing the brightness

Which files ?

0x0a260006 this one worked and qe/ci is still there, brightness control under display is showing now, but not changing the brightness

Assuming you have the patched files in ACPI/patched, post ioreg (use IORegistryExplorer v2.1).

Assuming you have the patched files in ACPI/patched, post ioreg (use IORegistryExplorer v2.1).

Unable to find this version there is 3.0.2 how abou it ?

And btw desktop frame buffer is better XD

Unable to find this version there is 3.0.2 how abou it ?

And btw desktop frame buffer is better XD

No. Needs to be v2.1 (or 2.0). If you search, you'll find it.

here is the file

And i switched to 0x0a260005 becuz 0x0a260006 is preventing me to boot sometimes

You have a PNLF in both DSDT and an SSDT. The one in DSDT takes priority and causes the SSDT to not be loaded. This is why your gfx device is not labeled as IGPU in ioreg.

You did not have PNLF in the DSDT you sent previously, so it here are the possibilities:

- you're using a different DSDT than the one you sent

- you're injecting PNLF via Clover AddPNLF option

- you're using an old version of Clover that automatically injects PNLF for all mobile (bug)

To fix:

- check that your DSDT in ACPI/patched does not contain PNLF

- check that you are not adding PNLF fix in config.plist

- check that your version of Clover is up-to-date

Finally, you do not have ACPIBacklight.kext installed.

Oh, also power management is still not implemented correctly. Since you have PlugInType in the pstate SSDT generated by Clover, I assume you have an incorrect AppleACPIPlatform.kext installed. Make sure you have vanilla AppleACPIPlatform for your version of OS X.

You can check the version of AppleACPIPlatform with:

kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
Yes, folks... there are many ways to screw up a laptop OS X install!

You have a PNLF in both DSDT and an SSDT. The one in DSDT takes priority and causes the SSDT to not be loaded. This is why your gfx device is not labeled as IGPU in ioreg.You did not have PNLF in the DSDT you sent previously, so it here are the possibilities:- you're using a different DSDT than the one you sent- you're injecting PNLF via Clover AddPNLF option- you're using an old version of Clover that automatically injects PNLF for all mobile (bug)To fix:- check that your DSDT in ACPI/patched does not contain PNLF- check that you are not adding PNLF fix in config.plist- check that your version of Clover is up-to-dateFinally, you do not have ACPIBacklight.kext installed.Oh, also power management is still not implemented correctly. Since you have PlugInType in the pstate SSDT generated by Clover, I assume you have an incorrect AppleACPIPlatform.kext installed. Make sure you have vanilla AppleACPIPlatform for your version of OS X.You can check the version of AppleACPIPlatform with:

kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
Yes, folks... there are many ways to screw up a laptop OS X install!

There is no problem with anything

Except maybe the power management is the problem here is my version

There is no problem with anything

Ummm.. I think detailed the problems in post #31. ioreg does not lie.

Except maybe the power management is the problem here is my version

??

sorry upload failed here is it

As I suspected... Correct output for 10.9.3 is:

Speedy-ML:clover.git Admin$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   12    1 0xffffff7f81e1e000 0x5f000    0x5f000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (2.0) <11 10 7 6 5 4 3 1>

As I suspected... Correct output for 10.9.3 is:

Speedy-ML:clover.git Admin$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   12    1 0xffffff7f81e1e000 0x5f000    0x5f000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (2.0) <11 10 7 6 5 4 3 1>

what does that mean now ?

what does that mean now ?

If you don't understand how you have a bogus/patched AppleACPIPlatform of unknown origin/unknown version on your system, I recommend a fresh install.

And review all the other items I mention...

If you don't understand how you have a bogus/patched AppleACPIPlatform of unknown origin/unknown version on your system, I recommend a fresh install.

And review all the other items I mention...

I guess I should have told you this before but did't thought about it,,, i have an iAtkos M Mavericks 10.9.1... I guess that mean I don't have a fresh Installer right ?

I guess I should have told you this before but did't thought about it,,, i have an iAtkos M Mavericks 10.9.1... I guess that mean I don't have a fresh Installer right ?

It means who knows what you have... Start over with a vanilla install. That's my advice.

• Like 1

It means who knows what you have... Start over with a vanilla install. That's my advice.

lol XD okay man I will do that and do everything we talked about and then will give you what happens.... thank you so much for your patience :)

lol XD okay man I will do that and do everything we talked about and then will give you what happens.... thank you so much for your patience :)

I hope you didn't pay money for that garbage...

Ouch!

:(

Hello again! I'm trying to install a fresh copy of OS X but I can't get to installer all i have is unlimted sppining wheel :/

(Using clover)

I got into verbose: it is getting stuck at BootCacheControl: unavle to open /var/db/bootcache.playlist: 2 no such file or directory

:(

Hello again! I'm trying to install a fresh copy of OS X but I can't get to installer all i have is unlimted sppining wheel :/

(Using clover)

I got into verbose: it is getting stuck at BootCacheControl: unavle to open /var/db/bootcache.playlist: 2 no such file or directory

What is in your config.plist?

hehe no I fixed it, I set it to 0x0a260006

Are you using Kernel flag: dart=0

Required if you can't disable VT-d in your BIOS.

May need also:

KernelAndKextPatches/KernelPm=true

KernelAndKextPatches/KernelLapic=true

SSDT/Generate/PStates=true

SSDT/Generate/CStates=true

SSDT/PluginType/=1

SSDT/DropOem=true