HD 3000 Artifacts Asus X53SV

29 posts in this topic

Hi all. I've got a problem with my laptop. I perfectly installed OS X 10.9 and recently 10.10. Everything works perfectly except for the HD 3000 that after 5/10 mins it gives me a lot of artifacts and sometimes makes the pc crashes. 

These are the specs of my laptop:

Asus X53SV

Nvidia GT540M

Intel Core i7 2630QM

8Gb RAM 1333

320Gb hitachi hdd

atheros 9285

How can i solve this problem? I tried with GraphicsEnabler=No but no avail... 

Thanks in advance.

Hi all. I've got a problem with my laptop. I perfectly installed OS X 10.9 and recently 10.10. Everything works perfectly except for the HD 3000 that after 5/10 mins it gives me a lot of artifacts and sometimes makes the pc crashes. 

Asus X53SV

Nvidia GT540M

Intel Core i7 2630QM

8Gb RAM 1333

320Gb hitachi hdd

atheros 9285

Thanks in advance.

Did you create your own DSDT?

No  :(  I don't know how to create it. I use clover.

So, you're running with native DSDT... Using Clover, you will need to inject snb-platform-id via DSDT.

See here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply: "HD3000 Low Resolution" or "HD3000 High Resolution"

The problem is Clover has support for injecting ig-platform-id (for HD4000), but no support for snb-platform-id (for HD3000).

You will need to save your patched DSDT to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/dsdt.aml

Hi thanks for the help. I found this DSDT online for my X53SV. It made my fn buttons working too and reduced artifacts but they are still present. I tried to patch the DSDT with your HD3K Low patch but i don't know how to apply it  :( Here is my DSDT attached, can you patch it for me if you can? Thanks in advance DSDT.zip

Hi thanks for the help. I found this DSDT online for my X53SV. It made my fn buttons working too and reduced artifacts but they are still present. I tried to patch the DSDT with your HD3K Low patch but i don't know how to apply it  :( Here is my DSDT attached, can you patch it for me if you can? Thanks in advance attachicon.gifDSDT.zip

Use your native DSDT, not one you downloaded. One of the major causes of HD3000 glitches is using a foreign DSDT. There are instructions for using MaciASL to apply patches at the github link I provided. Please read it.

Use your native DSDT, not one you downloaded. One of the major causes of HD3000 glitches is using a foreign DSDT. There are instructions for using MaciASL to apply patches at the github link I provided. Please read it.

I patched my dsdt but the result is not good...

have a look https://www.dropbox.com/s/jksgpg59l2f2fbe/Photo%2007.06.14%2023%2051%2029.jpg#

i also have hd3000 and artifacts.

Hi, thanks a lot for the help. I've tried to edit my System DSDT but MaciAsl tells me that there are a lot of errors. How can i fix them?

Your attachments are endless loops of .zip -> .cpgz -> .zip.

You will also need to post details on your system (in particular, screen resolution).

Thats because you aren't unzipping the file, use Rar Extractor

I was just using Finder's zip extract. I'm not going to fiddle with 3rd party stuff.

Nothing happened, it just booted as usual and the artifacts came back after doing certain things like launching Safari or Spotify.

My reply for DSDT patches were to 'ilollo360'... not you.

I tried the patches on my DSDT and I have HD3000 but it didn't work (I'm aware they were to ilollo360).

The patches I provided were not intended to fix anything regarding HD3000. They are for fixing the specific compiler errors ilollo360 had in DSDT.

The patches I provided were not intended to fix anything regarding HD3000. They are for fixing the specific compiler errors ilollo360 had in DSDT.

I strongly suggest you to take a look at what "ilollo360" asked for in the first post before saying that.

"Hi all. I've got a problem with my laptop. I perfectly installed OS X 10.9 and recently 10.10. Everything works perfectly except for the HD 3000 that after 5/10 mins it gives me a lot of artifacts and sometimes makes the pc crashes. 

Asus X53SV

Nvidia GT540M

Intel Core i7 2630QM

8Gb RAM 1333

320Gb hitachi hdd

atheros 9285

Thanks in advance."

I strongly suggest you to take a look at what "ilollo360" asked for in the first post before saying that.

"Hi all. I've got a problem with my laptop. I perfectly installed OS X 10.9 and recently 10.10. Everything works perfectly except for the HD 3000 that after 5/10 mins it gives me a lot of artifacts and sometimes makes the pc crashes. 

Asus X53SV

Nvidia GT540M

Intel Core i7 2630QM

8Gb RAM 1333

320Gb hitachi hdd

atheros 9285

Thanks in advance."

Read carefully.

My response was purely a reply regarding the errors in the DSDT. No other issues were addressed or intended to be addressed by my post.

So, you're running with native DSDT... Using Clover, you will need to inject snb-platform-id via DSDT.

See here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply: "HD3000 Low Resolution" or "HD3000 High Resolution"

The problem is Clover has support for injecting ig-platform-id (for HD4000), but no support for snb-platform-id (for HD3000).

You will need to save your patched DSDT to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/dsdt.aml

Yeah, I can see that.