Parallels desktop doesn't work

Derek12

7 posts in this topic

Whenever I run a Parallels (9.0.24229) VM here, the computer freezes for some seconds then reboots (Kernel Panic?)

VirtualBox works fine.

VMware fusion won't let you install it and its icon is a forbidden sign

post-767483-0-40421200-1402073300_thumb.png

Can anyone confirm that? thanks

I reached out to both VMWare and Parallels regarding the lack of virtualization support in Yosemite.

VMWare recommended checking the VMware Fusion Technology Preview 2014 site for updates (free beta). It does not currently install with success on Mac OS X 10.10.

Parallels said they're "closely" working with Apple, but linked me to a forum post regarding running Yosemite as a guest OS, and not as the host. I assume the social media guy keeps busy and doesn't have time to read every tweet they respond to.

I'm going to bet VMWare delivers something before Parallels. I've heard people say VirtualBox currently works in Yosemite if you need a solution now.

• Like 1

I am using the latest parallels 9 without issues. Installed and boots my Linux, windows 7 and windows 8.1 via bootcamp. No freezes here and in fact the only issues I've seen with Yosemite ars Safari reformance and glitching.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.

I will wait to try in my Yosemite Install. (In Mavericks everything is fine,)

TIMAYOSX: Weird, whenever I boot Windows 8 and in the Windows logo the computer (the Mac) freezes then reboots, maybe I will try another OS, maybe it's corrupt (?)

I am having no problems using Parallels 9 with Yosemite.  I did have to install Tuxera NTFS first since I save all documents from my Windows 7 VM to an NTFS-formatted drive.

Whenever I run a Parallels (9.0.24229) VM here, the computer freezes for some seconds then reboots (Kernel Panic?)

VirtualBox works fine.

VMware fusion won't let you install it and its icon is a forbidden sign

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-06-06 at 18.47.44.png

Can anyone confirm that? thanks

Be sure that parallels and virtualbox are not powered on at the same time

I had issues with Parallels 9 when running Mavericks under Chameleon. It would not let me create a VM. I spent a week going back and forth with Parallels support running various nvram commands in terminal. In the end it was an issue that only got resolved when I stopped using chameleon. Being on a Mac Pro1,1 I was able to using a modified boot.efi from Tiamo to run Mavericks natively.