Easy Yosemite 10.10 Final USB Installer - *Updated 10.16.2014

377 posts in this topic

Oh thank goodness. I honestly thought I had forgotten to do something, or that I would have to hop through hoops to enable QE/CI and couldn't figure out how to. No amount of google searching really helped at all either.

Seems to be working on mine......Haswell NUCpost-255812-0-40457900-1402065219_thumb.png

You have the HD5000 graphics though, which seems to be supported I'd imagine. The HD4600 should be supported, but doesn't seem to be yet.

Just in case though, did you do anything in particular to get QE/CI for yours? Is there anything I should try?

A few odd things.

First I only seem to get sense out of one of the ports at the moment - DP is working BUT only if I select it as NOT the primary video output. If I set it as primary I do not reach the desktop. HDMI will not reach desktop or gives {censored}. So I need to set HDMI primary and DP as secondary and plug into the DP and leave HDMI unplugged….

I will try and see if the Azul kext from Mav works any better for me or changes that behaviour.

BTW at first glance it looks like my patching in Clover for the Azul kext should be correct for Yosemite, but perhaps it is failing for some reason.

Thanks for this guide very easy to follow ect... but when I get to this stage of the process

*Boot USB to Clover, highlight your Install USB, hit the spacebar, choose “with injected text”

after highlighting my usb installer and tapping the spacebar I can not see -  "with injected text" screenshot below 

Then just hit enter.

Don't boot with injected kexts, not necessary. Boot single user mode and run the commands, it worked for me.

Other alternative, perhaps try a different version of clover? Which are you on right now?

No need to boot single user.  If "with kexts" isn't an option hit just hit enter.

Followed every detailed instruction by the letter but still the USB installer won't boot at all. I wonder what I am doing wrong but I tried 5x, so what's up with this!

Read Clover thread

Try to add "slide=0" to Arguments :)

Tried it, but no luck :) Thanks though!

I see no hardware specs. Research in Clover, unrelated to Yosemite...

Sorry, I added them to my sig! Will research, can't seem to find this issue yet, but looking. 

Is the GTX580 supported in OS X?  If so, install using this guide to create your installer and have clover inject GE if needed.

None of this is necessary anymore:

fsck -fy

mount -uw /

chmod -R 775 /kexts/FakeSMC.kext

chown -R root:wheel /kexts/FakeSMC.kext

cp -R /kexts/FakeSMC.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

kextload -v /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext

exit

Refer to Clover forum for help if required. 

I actually had to do exactly these steps in addition to your initial, otherwise I'd get stuck with a spinning beachball of death.

Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI + i7-3770k (no OC)

Clover_v2k_r2692 installed as UEFI. I couldn't get the non uefi clover to work as it would never actually load the bootloader; just resets and locks up all my usb forcing me to reboot.

disable IGPU from bios, you sure FakeSMC.kext load ? 

and this is like it:

fsck -fy
mount -uw /

cd kexts

cp -R * /System/Library/Extensions

cd /System/Library/Extensions

chmod -R 775 FakeSMC.kext
chown -R root:wheel FakeSMC.kext
exit

disable IGPU from bios, you sure FakeSMC.kext load ? 

and this is like it:

fsck -fy

mount -uw /

cd kexts

cp -R * /System/Library/Extensions

cd /System/Library/Extensions

chmod -R 775 FakeSMC.kext

chown -R root:wheel FakeSMC.kext

exit

Err yeah, these are the correct steps... didn't see the missing cd line above heh

Is the GTX580 supported in OS X?  If so, install using this guide to create your installer and have clover inject GE if needed.

None of this is necessary anymore:

fsck -fy

mount -uw /

chmod -R 775 /kexts/FakeSMC.kext

chown -R root:wheel /kexts/FakeSMC.kext

cp -R /kexts/FakeSMC.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

exit

Refer to Clover forum for help if required. 

GTX5xx series is supported in ML and higher via Inject nVidia switch in Clover; GTX6xx is supported via same switch in Mavericks.  (Unless your GPU in either series is *exotic*, no other switch is needed - I have a GTX550 Ti and use only that option in Clover.)

Thanks for this guide very easy to follow ect... but when I get to this stage of the process

*Boot USB to Clover, highlight your Install USB, hit the spacebar, choose “with injected text”

after highlighting my usb installer and tapping the spacebar I can not see -  "with injected text" screenshot below 

Thanks 

If Clover detects that FakeSMC isn't in the kernelcache but is present in the kexts folder, it will force kexts injection because it knows the system won't boot without FakeSMC.

So, if you already have FakeSMC in the system Clover will show "with injected kexts", but if you don't then it will say "without injected kexts".

Quite smart…

• Like 1

Not work with Z87X-UD5H /GTX 760  sorry 

Clover Only UEFI 

Need to type the command again  :(

not tested ESP or legacy 

Edit  its work  :lol:  :P

• Like 1

Yep - so far, so has all my needed software, too (Office:mac works, as does the latest Flash plug-in for Safari) - only Origin game service and VLC left to install.  Hardware works via kext-injection method (only audio and LAN kexts - both originally from Mavericks).  One thing that was driving me buggy turns out to be unrelated to Yosemite - the hybrid-shutdown of Windows 8+ throws up error messages in both Mavericks and Yosemite (while OS X can't write to NTFS by default, it can read it just fine) because of unclean shutdown whenever switching from Windows to OS X (either Mavericks or Yosemite) - it would screw with first-stage post-install enough where it would force the display into sleep mode (even though I use verbose by default when running OS X post-install by default, that character-mode scroll STILL allows the GPU to sleep).  Since I am now through that part, I should be able to dual-boot Yosemite and Windows without issue now - will test that tonight and over the weekend.

Hi :)

Followed 1st post, as last step I copied kexts from working Mavericks>EFI>Clover>kext to USB /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10, on 1st boot from USB I forgot 'with injected kext' step, it didn't boot but showed progress bar on black screen with no progress at all. After restarting, 2nd time I select 'with injected kext' option and installation went smooth without any error.

When I installed Clover to Yosemite, it installed to EFI partition of the HD and mounted it, I replaced config.plist with Mavericks one and added '<key>Arguments</key> <string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>' to it, copied kexts from USB /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10 to Yosemite S/L/E and rebuilt cache. Now when I try to boot Yosemite from HD, it shows same progress bar on black screen and freeze.

Do I have to copy those kexts to Clover in EFI partition? Any idea?

You need to enable kexts injection in the config.plist on your HD EFI partition, or Install the kexts to S/L/E, which is what I much prefer...  There's some discussion that the current kexts utilities don't work with Yosemite, yet I've had no problems with Kext Wizard.  Let me find a link and I'll add it to this post shortly. 

EDIT: Try this...

You need to enable kexts injection in the config.plist on your HD EFI partition, or Install the kexts to S/L/E, which is what I much prefer...  There's some discussion that the current kexts utilities don't work with Yosemite, yet I've had no problems with Kext Wizard.  Let me find a link and I'll add it to this post shortly. 

Please help.See my problem now.LINK

Thank's

Hi guys  ,  my problem is that i get kernel panic when installation starts (after selecting disk for installation) installing at disk .

When installation is at "11 minutes remaining" i get a kernel panic.

Does anyone know how to fix it

Thanks..

Hi :)

Followed 1st post, as last step I copied kexts from working Mavericks>EFI>Clover>kext to USB /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10, on 1st boot from USB I forgot 'with injected kext' step, it didn't boot but showed progress bar on black screen with no progress at all. After restarting, 2nd time I select 'with injected kext' option and installation went smooth without any error.

When I installed Clover to Yosemite, it installed to EFI partition of the HD and mounted it, I replaced config.plist with Mavericks one and added '<key>Arguments</key> <string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>' to it, copied kexts from USB /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10 to Yosemite S/L/E and rebuilt cache. Now when I try to boot Yosemite from HD, it shows same progress bar on black screen and freeze.

Do I have to copy those kexts to Clover in EFI partition? Any idea?

Actually, use latest Kext Wizard to copy the (previously-injected) kexts to /S/L/E, then follow-up with Repair Permissions prior to installing Clover to the HDD - that way, you won't need injection again.  You should only need kext-dev-mode=1 (mandatory for now) switch, along with any switches you used for Mavericks (only carryover Mavericks switch I had was nVidia Graphics Injection - and that is created by Clover's own hardware-detection-on install on even Mavericks, let alone Yosemite.

Latest KW works a treat in Yosemite DP1 - I copied the previously-injected kexts to /S/L/E, repaired permissions (safety factor and something I always do when adding a kext using KW) - done.  Then I installed Clover 2695 to boot HDD, using only existing Inject nVidia Graphics Injection settings in Clover; even that is carryover from Mavericks (both Mavericks AND Yosemite detect the GPU just fine without it).  Only thing really left is to update Clover to 2696 (which is next).

Update complete - everything is flawlessly working.  Other than that known issue with Origin (which will need fixing), it's getting used to the flatness.  Safari OTHERWISE performs better than in Mavericks.

Edited by PGHammer21B
  • Like 1

Hi PGH  :) Thanks for post. I tried your way but it didn't work. After some investigation finally I caught the culprit  :) it's 'Patched_10.7_AppleRTC.kext', it was not loading due to 'invalid signature', after googling I found this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298536-applertc-patch-cmos-reset/?p=2026075 and patched original Yosemite AppleRTC.kext in S/L/E, but after patching it's causing same error, 'invalid signature', without patching this kext my system does not boot.

Now the only workable solution is to leave this kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10 and load using 'with injected kexts' on boot. Trying to find a way to make this 'with injected kexts' thing permanent in config.plist, tried following but it's not loading kexts, any idea about it?

<key>InjectKexts</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Edit:

It's working now, it has to be this way 

<key>SystemParameters</key>

<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
  • Like 1