Easy Yosemite 10.10 Final USB Installer - *Updated 10.16.2014

377 posts in this topic

I have a problem for my graphic card.I try to install via this kernel flags--s kext-dev-mode=1 after this I use a this command 

fsck -fy
mount -uw /
chmod -R 775 /kexts/FakeSMC.kext
chown -R root:wheel /kexts/FakeSMC.kext
cp -R /kexts/FakeSMC.kext /System/Library/Extensions/
kextload -v /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext
exit

and after that I have a restart my PC.And I delete NVDA kext I have a boot screen and install Yosemite,but no work my graphic card GTX580.Where is the mistake?

Thank's...

Is the GTX580 supported in OS X?  If so, install using this guide to create your installer and have clover inject GE if needed.

None of this is necessary anymore:

fsck -fy
mount -uw /
chmod -R 775 /kexts/FakeSMC.kext
chown -R root:wheel /kexts/FakeSMC.kext
cp -R /kexts/FakeSMC.kext /System/Library/Extensions/
kextload -v /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext
exit

Refer to Clover forum for help if required. 

ok after the install i boot back in the install and cp -R FakeSMC.kext /Volume/OSX/System/Library/Extensions

then i reboot and try to boot in and i get a kernel panic and my PC reboots help :(

My install went perfectly thanks to slice's clover update, but I'm having one pretty significant issue. My GPU (intel HD 4600) is detected, and the kext appears to be loaded, but I have no QE/CI, I'm using the inject intel, and inject EDID options in clover, and still no luck. It only detects my card properly with a patched IntelFrameBufferAzul.kext carried over from mavericks, but when I apply the same modifications to the Yosemite kext's info.plist, my screen goes haywire and I can see colors and lines but nothing I can actually make sense of. Does anyone have QE/CI working with an HD4600? If so, do you have any advice for me? The lack of QE/CI seems to make the system a bit more laggy than it should be, though I know a beta developer preview isn't going to be the most stable thing around to begin with.

Use and 8GB+ USB stick and format it with GUID partition mapping and a partition named Install, then run the following in terminal:

(This process assumes your Install.app resides in Downloads, if not change the path or copy to downloads)

sudo hdiutil attach ~/Downloads/Install\ OS\ X\ 10.10\ Developer\ Preview.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg

sudo asr restore -source /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg  -target /Volumes/Install -erase -format HFS+

sudo rm /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation/Packages

sudo cp -a /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation/Packages

sudo cp -a /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.chunklist /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System

How to put name on my USB stck.

Ok I see.

My install went perfectly thanks to slice's clover update, but I'm having one pretty significant issue. My GPU (intel HD 4600) is detected, and the kext appears to be loaded, but I have no QE/CI, I'm using the inject intel, and inject EDID options in clover, and still no luck. It only detects my card properly with a patched IntelFrameBufferAzul.kext carried over from mavericks, but when I apply the same modifications to the Yosemite kext's info.plist, my screen goes haywire and I can see colors and lines but nothing I can actually make sense of. Does anyone have QE/CI working with an HD4600? If so, do you have any advice for me? The lack of QE/CI seems to make the system a bit more laggy than it should be, though I know a beta developer preview isn't going to be the most stable thing around to begin with.

I have also the problem with my Intel.

If it weren't so early on in the beta cycle I wouldn't be thrilled about the lack, but since it is the first dp, and I knew going into it that there would be problems, this is more about the trial and error, and collaborating and exchanging ideas and helping others than anything else. My occasional input my not always be helpful, but I try, and I like to feel like I'm doing something that keeps my mind occupied in a fun and educational way. Wish I knew how to write patches and/or drivers, but that's just way beyond me.

Thanks for this guide very easy to follow ect... but when I get to this stage of the process

*Boot USB to Clover, highlight your Install USB, hit the spacebar, choose “with injected text”

after highlighting my usb installer and tapping the spacebar I can not see -  "with injected text" screenshot below 

Thanks 

post-1147784-0-61862500-1402060489_thumb.jpg

Slice's method works on all my 2 PCs and 1 laptop. As mentioned, no QE/CI for HD4600 on 10.10 DP1, maybe DP2 will fix it

Oh thank goodness. I honestly thought I had forgotten to do something, or that I would have to hop through hoops to enable QE/CI and couldn't figure out how to. No amount of google searching really helped at all either.