iMessage & Facetime is not working

hafudo

117 posts in this topic

does anyone using and had a working chameleon and FileNVRAM? I have used already most of the version of FileNVRAM that can be found on the net but i can't

seem to boot with it using chameleon 2380, in order to fix iMessage & facetime, 

does anyone using and had a working chameleon and FileNVRAM? I have used already most of the version of FileNVRAM that can be found on the net but i can't

seem to boot with it using chameleon 2380, in order to fix iMessage & facetime, 

I can't use it as I am using clover. I can't wait for Chameleon to be properly updated for mainstream so I can change to that. Although I can't boot EFI like I am doing so now with Clover, the benefits outweigh the issue I am having now with Clover. iMessage, with Chameleon on Mavericks is working fire. I signed out and back on and no problems there at all. It looks like it is impossible to achieve the same in Yosemite with Clover. I have a credit card on file and I spent hours trying different things. Original serial number, not blacklisted, is also present and it makes no difference

Facetime works fine....i already installed Yosemite 3 times, and everytime i have no problem with facetime...not the case of imessage, it never works, no matter what i try

What error message do you getting with imessage?

CCSR ... absolutely right .. this is not the otherwise "general problem" such as under Mavericks where it runs yes to 100%, with the same data (Reale der.Nr. Mac, credit card ok, etc.)

as possible helps for newbies, the tip with the network card must be en0 etc.

But here at Yosemite, it is apparent, or almost certainly an identification problem because namely (the boat in the root directory) and Clever always a new UUID is created by the

new boot file of the chameleon, which NOT with the last 8 digits of the MAC address mac's (at Mavericks for example, it's 100% the UUID of the chameleon with my MAC address)

and since there are also no problems with FaceTime and iMessage.

It is necessary to seek the cause of getting another UUID, which must always be the same .. on EVERY boot loader on the respective machine.

Only it recognizes yes the data center, which Machine with which UUID logs and associated Apple ID and of course the real serial number of the Mac's.

• Like 1

CCSR ... absolutely right .. this is not the otherwise "general problem" such as under Mavericks where it runs yes to 100%, with the same data (Reale der.Nr. Mac, credit card ok, etc.)
as possible helps for newbies, the tip with the network card must be en0 etc.

But here at Yosemite, it is apparent, or almost certainly an identification problem because namely (the boat in the root directory) and Clever always a new UUID is created by the
new boot file of the chameleon, which NOT with the last 8 digits of the MAC address mac's (at Mavericks for example, it's 100% the UUID of the chameleon with my MAC address)
and since there are also no problems with FaceTime and iMessage.

It is necessary to seek the cause of getting another UUID, which must always be the same .. on EVERY boot loader on the respective machine.

Only it recognizes yes the data center, which Machine with which UUID logs and associated Apple ID and of course the real serial number of the Mac's.

I managed to login to FaceTime but it only works until the next reboot. We will just have to wait for a solution now

• Like 1

sounds interesting .. how did you do it? 

Ic mine it runs with me also (and always! Not only until the next new start of) but only with Clover and with the pre-entered serial number of Clover as a Mac mini Server6, 2 

But I do not like, I have an iMac 13.1 and rear as a real serial number. And the aim is yes, exactly like now to take advantage of Mac OS 10.9.3 Mavericks and 4 with

my real serial number and my unique UUID on all systems of the iMac with a clear conscience iMessage and FaceTime.

supplement:

I can not understand why with the registered serial number of the Mac mini Server 6.2, which is in Clover and in it what so determined to use very many people

even know why this works, with iMessage and FaceTime. 

And above all, the UUID is not the same with my MAC address (8 characters). 

How does it work?

• Like 1

sounds interesting .. how did you do it? 

Ic mine it runs with me also (and always! Not only until the next new start of) but only with Clover and with the pre-entered serial number of Clover as a Mac mini Server6, 2 

But I do not like, I have an iMac 13.1 and rear as a real serial number. And the aim is yes, exactly like now to take advantage of Mac OS 10.9.3 Mavericks and 4 with
my real serial number and my unique UUID on all systems of the iMac with a clear conscience iMessage and FaceTime.

supplement:

I can not understand why with the registered serial number of the Mac mini Server 6.2, which is in Clover and in it what so determined to use very many people
even know why this works, with iMessage and FaceTime. 
And above all, the UUID is not the same with my MAC address (8 characters). 
How does it work?

I just installed the latest version of clover, inserted my original serial, I have en0 as ethernet, en1 as my apple wifi and nothing else. It worked until i rebooted and now i can't login again. it's a waste of time under these conditions. I have 2 apple devices, iPhone 5 and iPad air and im logged in on both and get the prompts telling me that the mackintosh has used the number but still can't login which makes me think that it has to do with the authentication with the apple servers

Update: I am having problems login in on Mavericks as well. I can do it but it's harder than what it used to be. I think Apple changed some protocols and is now requesting more information about the Mac. My iPad and iPhone have no problem login in, it's really just the Hackintosh. I get messages on my iOS devices every time I attempt a login. It's working fine now but If I log out I will need to try it a few times until it lets me in. I found out that if I first login in iMessage there is no way I can login at all. If I do FaceTime first then iMessage I can eventually get in

Edited by ccsr
  • Like 1

I know this questions is not for me. Just for reference I get there was a problem with authentication

Yep, that´s what it get...it says there was a problem with authentication and to check network

Regarding Facetime, like ccsr, everytime i reboot i need to input password again, but it does work

Also, FYI i am using Chameleon

I getting the same "this apple id can't be used this time..." message for both iMessage and FaceTime. Before 10.10, FaceTime worked, only iMessage said this message to me.

I getting the same "this apple id can't be used this time..." message for both iMessage and FaceTime. Before 10.10, FaceTime worked, only iMessage said this message to me.

Thats because you have no credit card on file. Don't worry though, you will still not be able to get in even if you had one. you would just get our message

Hi guys,

Am I the only who have the "your apple id cannot be used to set up imessage at this time" problem on Yosemite ? My iMessages are working fine on my iPhone/iPad/Mavericks partition. I read this thread without being able to find a solution for my problem : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/294633-imessage-partially-broke-icloud-app-store-fully/

Have a nice day ! 

so what you actually need is mlb and mac address ethernet (off course ethernet must be en 0) fromregistered device or hardware on apple server, try this and i hope it will solve your iMessage login issue, except for amd machine, i don't know how it works

if you're using clover, make sure you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in drivers64UEFI's folder
1. open clover configurator 
2. goto Rt Variables section, put MLB value = C02K7438DRVCN1S5A and ROM value = UEZdNpmp
3. goto SMBIOS section, put SmUUID value = 
9DFF0000-3C12-0539-FFFF-50465D3699A9
4. and then reboot

if you're using chameleon, make sure you have nvram-smuuid.plist (example on my notebook is 
nvram.9dff0000-3c12-0539-ffff-50465d3699a9.plist) in Extra's folder, if you don't have, try to find working nvram module for your hardware (currently i'm using nvram.lib 1.1.3 and chameleon 2377)
1. open terminal
2. sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB=C02K7438DRVCN1S5A
3. sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=PF]6%99%a9
or alternatively you can manually edit file above with text editor (I'm using PlistEditor) and change MLB value (without quote) = "QzAySzc0MzhEUlZDTjFTNUE=" and ROM value (without quote) = "UEZdNpmp"
4. and then reboot

• Like 8

so what you actually need is mlb and mac address ethernet (off course ethernet must be en 0) fromregistered device or hardware on apple server, try this and i hope it will solve your iMessage login issue, except for amd machine, i don't know how it works

if you're using clover, make sure you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in drivers64UEFI's folder

2. goto Rt Variables section, put MLB value = C02K7438DRVCN1S5A and ROM value = UEZdNpmp

3. goto SMBIOS section, put SmUUID value = 9DFF0000-3C12-0539-FFFF-50465D3699A9

4. and then reboot

if you're using chameleon, make sure you have nvram-smuuid.plist (example on my notebook is nvram.9dff0000-3c12-0539-ffff-50465d3699a9.plist) in Extra's folder, if you don't have, try to find working nvram module for your hardware (currently i'm using nvram.lib 1.1.3 and chameleon 2377)

1. open terminal

or alternatively you can manually edit file above with text editor (I'm using PlistEditor) and change MLB value (without quote) = "QzAySzc0MzhEUlZDTjFTNUE=" and ROM value (without quote) = "UEZdNpmp"

4. and then reboot

You sir, are a magician!!!! You should've come along a week ago though. I have been trying to get it fixed ever sense. Well, better late than never I say. Thank you very much, works perfect

so what you actually need is [/size]mlb and mac address ethernet (off course ethernet must be en 0) from[/size]registered device or hardware on apple server, try this and i hope it will solve your iMessage login issue, except for amd machine, i don't know how it works[/size]

if you're using clover, make sure you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in drivers64UEFI's folder[/size]

1. open clover configurator [/size]

4. and then reboot

if you're using chameleon, make sure you have nvram-smuuid.plist (example on my notebook is nvram.9dff0000-3c12-0539-ffff-50465d3699a9.plist) in Extra's folder, if you don't have, try to find working nvram module for your hardware (currently i'm using nvram.lib 1.1.3 and chameleon 2377)[/size]

1. open terminal

or alternatively you can manually edit file above with text editor (I'm using PlistEditor) and change MLB value (without quote) = "QzAySzc0MzhEUlZDTjFTNUE=" and ROM value (without quote) = "UEZdNpmp"[/size]

4. and then reboot[/size]

Well if everyone starts using those same values, it will be banned...
  • Like 1

well, i just figured it out about a month ago, so before i share to others, i must make sure that it will work on other machine and it doesn't get banned, and there are many people already using these value and still it doesn't get banned, also from my post above i'd like to say that if you have real mac or another hackintosh  that can login iMessage, you just need those value to apply on another machine or future installation, you can get it by running iMessage_debug attached program

4. and then reboot

if you're using chameleon, make sure you have nvram-smuuid.plist (example on my notebook is nvram.9dff0000-3c12-0539-ffff-50465d3699a9.plist) in Extra's folder, if you don't have, try to find working nvram module for your hardware (currently i'm using nvram.lib 1.1.3 and chameleon 2377)

1. open terminal

4. and then reboot

I have done the above instruction for chameleon but it seems that my nvram plist is not being loaded, i am not seeing 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM and 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB. Is there something i am doing wrong? This is not happening on my mavericks installation. Any ideas?

nathaniels-Mac-Pro:~ ncmontas$ nvram -p

LocationServicesEnabled %01

fmm-computer-name nathaniel%e2%80%99s Mac Pro

bluetoothActiveControllerInfo %01%00%12%0a%00%00%00%00%10=%00%15%83=%0aW

EFIBluetoothDelay %b8%0b

Try sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM

Have already tried that and I am having below error.

nathaniels-Mac-Pro:~ ncmontas$ sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM

Password:

nvram: Error getting variable - '4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM': (iokit/common) data was not found

I'm sure you're using clover, clover doesn't accept modifying those value via terminal, you must inject via clover configurator, and once again Yosemite at the moment doesn't support chameleons with nvram modules

I'm sure you're using clover, clover doesn't accept modifying those value via terminal, you must inject via clover configurator, and once again Yosemite at the moment doesn't support chameleons with nvram modules

Is this for me? I am using chameleon,  

1. open terminal

4. and then reboot

I just thought this method would work for my yosimite installation, does anyone have tried this and got it working?

• 3 weeks later...

any news on chameleon yosimite beta combination (iMessage does not work for me, tried everything on net for chameleon solution) i read about some users were able to login and use iMessage on the chameleon yosimite without doing anything special (but i guess their method does not work for me).. is the development of filenvram for chameleon dead now? I already post a bug on their page up to now there is no update about it.