iMessage & Facetime is not working

hafudo

117 posts in this topic

I think there is a problem with my appleid for trying so many times with different options and numbers. I try my normal apple id and it just comes up with there was an error on activation. If I try it with a spare one it doesn't say that, but it won't let me logon all the same. I have everything and my account is verified with a credit card. My iMac serial is a real one and I have Ethernet as en0 and my apple wifi airport card is en1. I was able to activate and use it the first few times I reinstalled yosemite but after 10 times of reinstalling to correct the issues I was having it doesn't let me do it anymore. I repaired all other problems and iCloud, the App Store, and pretty much everything else works as it should, it's just iMessage and FaceTime that are giving me issues. Is it possible to insert a new uuid in clover? Maybe the issue is with that?

Did you remove the files according to the guide? 

i followed the guide on two installs, and it worked both times. I don't have a real serial :)

Did you remove the files according to the guide? 

i followed the guide on two installs, and it worked both times. I don't have a real serial :)

Yep, just did it again to make sure. I don't get the activation error anymore. I logged on in my iPhone and the error is gone. I don't get any error now, it just stays there trying to sign in and it doesn't do it

I did do the MLB but not the rom serial number. How did you generate those numbers? The MLB has to be your serial number plus a few more random digits to make it to 17, what about the rom serial?

I did do the MLB but not the rom serial number. How did you generate those numbers? The MLB has to be your serial number plus a few more random digits to make it to 17, what about the rom serial?

mine i got from a old post and this is to be used with clover and it 100% works 

ROM is your ethernet MAC address but it is actually inyected automatically by Clover and will soon be deprecated.

without changing it i can't use imessage or anything else it's why i included it all the fixes in my video where from forum members here 

WarDoctor

What you are showing in your video all ancient .. there are many more factors responsible so that iMessage works.
The modules folder in the Extra folder and the file: 
FileNVRAM.dylib and much more. Also a Credticard should be deposited as cash, etc. is also very important. 

Only times set the ethernet to en0 is no longer sufficient for long!

WarDoctor

What you are showing in your video all ancient .. there are many more factors responsible so that iMessage works.
The modules folder in the Extra folder and the file: 
FileNVRAM.dylib and much more. Also a Credticard should be deposited as cash, etc. is also very important. 

Only times set the ethernet to en0 is no longer sufficient for long!

my video covers everything you said and more thats why it's a fast easy fix for both clover and chameleon. if you watched it it's not one way of fixing the issues it's all ways so far 

The problem is that you're using somebody else's MAC address, which may be stored by Apple servers and could eventually be blacklisted. I know it's a lot of speculation but something similar happened with serial numbers (Clover built-in serials) so I would advice against it. Inject the ROM serial if you believe Clover doesn't do it correctly but at least try your MAC address first before cloning somebody else's.

The problem is that you're using somebody else's MAC address, which may be stored by Apple servers and could eventually be blacklisted. I know it's a lot of speculation but something similar happened with serial numbers (Clover built-in serials) so I would advice against it. Inject the ROM serial if you believe Clover doesn't do it correctly but at least try your MAC address first before cloning somebody else's.

it was generated by artur and he said for anyone to use it so you can stop complaining now

I am not complaining, I am actually trying to help by giving an advice based on an educated guess (which I explained) and the fact that the key will be deprecated soon.

That function (ROM and MLB too) was actually added a while ago when Apple changed the authentification process for iMessages and most hacks were denied login and served its purpose just fine, but after a while Clover did the injecting automatically and should not be necessary anymore. Unless you bump into a bug and it's injecting bad information, in which case I'd recomend to report the issue to the devs and use the manual workaroud until it's fixed.

I still can't login. Bloody hell, I tried everything, in the meantime Mavericks is happily logged in on my other drive. Not having chameleon in this case is just bollocks. On the other hand, Clover can inject kexts and boot EFI so it's a catch22 situation for me. I really don't know what else to do. Can you provide me a link of the numbers you use in the video. I didn't insert those numbers, I'm gonna have to as a last resort. Thanks

it wont get blocked it was a made up rom key so you can stop complaining if you are that worried about that poor little key i am not even using it i changed 2 digits and made it a new key no need to have a baby or it nother will ever get blacklisted or blocked that key is as old as imessage and used by over 30k people by now so calm down and stop laying eggs over nothing 

WFT? I'm actually adding information to the topic, where did I complain at all?

If you don't agree with what I said then ignore me, I didn't type that specifically for you but for others so they actually understand what they're doing and not blindly following steps.

• Like 1

I've found I could at least get iMessage messages working by injecting a System ID with clover, as my board suffers from the SId bug. I don't know if SMS even works or if it needs iOS 8 because I can't get it to work. DP2 may prove different.

Just updated and it's still the same. Can someone give me some tips on how to get this working? I launched Mavericks and although I was risking loosing iMessage in Mavericks also, I logged out and back on and I had no problems at a all. I am tearing my hair out, the first time I installed Yosemite I also installed all kexts to S/L/E and iMessage worked. I broke notifications and share but it worked, this makes me think that because clover is injecting the kexts that the issue lies there. I have tried to do so many things, I lost count. even with DP 2 it's the same

Please someone help!!!

I finally managed to login to Facetime, after removing and adding credit card again, and insisting....but iMessage still does not work...i thought it would right after the facetime activation

Did you not get logged off right after login in to FaceTime? I still can't get any of them to work