iMessage & Facetime is not working

hafudo

117 posts in this topic

Until Yosemite, Facetime worked without credit card, iMessage said "this apple id is can not be used right now blahblah..."

Now with Yosemite, Facetime says the "this apple id can not be used this time" message too. So with Yosemite I lost Facetime without creditcard :(

Try this: How to fix iCloud/iMessage/Facetime on your Hackintosh

remember, Yosemite is a beta version. do not expect miracles.

Try this: How to fix iCloud/iMessage/Facetime on your Hackintosh

remember, Yosemite is a beta version. do not expect miracles.

Read here: How to fix iCloud/iMessage/Facetime on your Hackintosh

For Clover UEFI: You need EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi installed in /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI and selected “Install RC scripts to target partition” when installing the bootloader

I'm not UEFI. Legacy bios!

This is my question too. How to have nvram with Clover on legacy bios?

I'm still in this quest just because I had it working and just tried to have a "clean" install this week and it doesn't work anymore.

Also in the same guide is mentioned to click on "builtin" on DPCI Manager, but, at least in my rig, it isn't clickable.

I'm trying to learn and have more fun using Clover with Yosemite.

And I confirmed nvram is not enabled:

37:181  0:000  Searching volumes for latest nvram.plist ...
37:181  0:000    3. Volume 'EFI', GUID = BABB544F-011F-455F-A9D7-50244469261F - no nvram.plist - skipping!
37:181  0:000    4. Volume 'Snow Leopard', GUID = 9D8F397F-8E44-4B8C-AA59-5FF784D5F891 - no nvram.plist - skipping!
37:193  0:012    5. Volume 'EFI', GUID = F9A0C493-88F4-418E-B304-3EF00739AB19 - no nvram.plist - skipping!
37:193  0:000    6. Volume 'Mavericks HD', GUID = 73F400A0-FA46-4A69-8DB4-CC593CF273ED - no nvram.plist - skipping!
37:193  0:000    7. Volume 'Recovery HD', GUID = 3F441BB4-A24F-4424-82A9-B45645135090 - no nvram.plist - skipping!
37:193  0:000    8. Volume 'OS X Base System', GUID = 4C09CFC2-68EF-4AA4-9B27-342E82E3508E - no nvram.plist - skipping!
37:193  0:000   16. Volume 'EFI', GUID = 2DDF482B-2A3F-4A58-9FAC-0BED2925EC8C - no nvram.plist - skipping!
37:193  0:000   17. Volume 'Yosemite', GUID = FF85F8FB-BB3A-4C9D-954A-6128F294459F - no nvram.plist - skipping!
37:193  0:000   18. Volume 'Recovery HD', GUID = FD7B8968-5A67-4A9A-9480-40DB1181CAF8 - no nvram.plist - skipping!
37:193  0:000   nvram.plist not found!
37:193  0:000  PutNvramPlistToRtVars: nvram.plist not found

I'll try to find what I've done before that worked.

It was something like this:

1. Go to system preferences, network, click on the Ethernet network adapter, click the minus button at the bottom, hit apply. 

2. Go to /Library/Preferences/System Configuration/NetworkInterfaces.Plist and delete it or move it somewhere else. (just in case)

3. Open up EFI studio, change device to Ethernet, then click add device. Click write to com.apple.boot.plist then put the app to the side for now. 

4. Copy this: 

<key>device-properties</key>
		<string></string> 

5. Paste that in your org.Chameleon.boot.plist file which is located in /extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist. The key and the string match up with the others. Go back to the EFI  Studio editor.

6. Copy the long number at the bottom and paste it in between the two strings in your chameleon boot plist file.

7. Save & Restart 

8. Go in to system preferences, then network, then click the plus button at the bottom. 

9. Click add in the window that pops up. It should say "Ethernet". If it has "en1" or "en0" after it, then repeat the above steps.

10. After adding that hit apply and restart one last time. 

11. Go to Safari to check that you're getting internet connectivity, then continue signing into iCloud and/or the App Store!

Enjoy!

But as I'm on Clover I added these lines to config.plist:

<key>Inject</key>

<true/>

<key>Properties</key>

<string>my data from EFI Studio</string>

But if the line is present the computer restarts upon boot

Hi guys,

Same problem here. I installed Yosemite with Chameleon but I can't activate iMessages, a network connection issue pop up when I try (And my connection is working just fine).

When I tried to load the NVRam.dlib file, It crashed at boot for the three versions available.

I saw on an other post that there were issue with NVRam on Clover bootloader that will be fix in a futur release, is the same problem also present on Chameleon ?

Read here: How to fix iCloud/iMessage/Facetime on your Hackintosh

For Clover UEFI: You need EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi installed in /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI and selected “Install RC scripts to target partition” when installing the bootloader

I have that and I'm booting UEFI but my iMessage and FaceTime still doesn't work. iCloud services are working but when I try and login to either iMessage or FaceTime it says an error has occurred try again. What else needs to be done?

I have that and I'm booting UEFI but my iMessage and FaceTime still doesn't work. iCloud services are working but when I try and login to either iMessage or FaceTime it says an error has occurred try again. What else needs to be done?

Have you done all the steps in the guide, like set your ethernet to en0 and logged into iTunes?

I did all of the steps according to that guide and Icloud/Imessage/Facetime works.

• Like 1

Had the login issue a few days ago ("can't be used right now" or something similar) and fixed it in a minute by deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist and preferences.plist from /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/, and after a reboot it worked it should.

• Like 1

Have you done all the steps in the guide, like set your ethernet to en0 and logged into iTunes?

I did all of the steps according to that guide and Icloud/Imessage/Facetime works.

Had the login issue a few days ago ("can't be used right now" or something similar) and fixed it in a minute by deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist and preferences.plist from /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/, and after a reboot it worked it should.

I have done everything apart from login to itunes. I will do that now and I'll report back

I can sign in to iMessage but I can't acctually send or receive anything. Another thing is I can't set my presence/status at all. My iPhone isn't on iOS 8 so I'm wondering if there's incompatible protocols in play. Or maybe I have to delete everything now to start it over.

I think there is a problem with my appleid for trying so many times with different options and numbers. I try my normal apple id and it just comes up with there was an error on activation. If I try it with a spare one it doesn't say that, but it won't let me logon all the same. I have everything and my account is verified with a credit card. My iMac serial is a real one and I have Ethernet as en0 and my apple wifi airport card is en1. I was able to activate and use it the first few times I reinstalled yosemite but after 10 times of reinstalling to correct the issues I was having it doesn't let me do it anymore. I repaired all other problems and iCloud, the App Store, and pretty much everything else works as it should, it's just iMessage and FaceTime that are giving me issues. Is it possible to insert a new uuid in clover? Maybe the issue is with that?