iMessage & Facetime is not working

hafudo

117 posts in this topic

It seems that several inputs are missing from heryts' post.

iMessage_debug yields :

IOPlatformSerialNumber: (<key>SerialNumber</key>)  OK

IOPlatformUUID: (which is the Hardware UUID found at Apple Menu, about this mac)  : missing 

board-id: (<key>Board-ID</key>) can be generated with Clover Configurator

product-name: (<key>ProductName</key>) ex iMac14,2. Changing this will change the IOPlatformUUID above.

ROM: (<key>ROM</key>) which is a MAC address on a real mac.

MLB: (<key>MLB</key>) 17 digit board number.

I found that <key>SmUUID</key> corresponds to the system-id, which is different from the Hardware ID

ioreg -l -p IODeviceTree | grep \"system-id  (from terminal)

As a summary, board-id, product-name and IOPlatformUUID are linked and needs to be correct.

ioreg -lw0 | grep PlatformUUID   (from terminal)

I could not inject a chosen IOPlatformUUID, even with CustomUUID which injects a Hardware ID instead.

I tried with PlatformUUID.kext but injection is not at the right place.

@Rom1,

In terms of iMessage activation, it seems you only need registered ROM & MLB values from a Mac or Apple Support verified hack.

You are correct in that if you want to spoof the "donor" Mac 100%, you will also need its System-ID - see my procedure in the AIO guides post#99

• IOPlatformSerialNumber---->Enter 12 character SerialNumber key in SMBIOS section of config.plist
  • IOPlatformUUID ----> Enter SmUUID key in SMBIOS section (32 characters separated by dashes ie XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX). 

The System-ID of the Mac is related to its IOPlatformUUID and infact used to calculate IOPlatformUUID through some hashing process (but the two values are never the same).  To find its value, type in terminal on the donor Mac: ioreg -l -p IODeviceTree | grep \"system-id

So System-ID ----> Enter CustomUUID key in SystemParameters section (32 characters separated by dashes ie XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX) and also set InjectSystemID to true in the config.plist.

• ROM: <xxxxxxxx xxxx> ----> Enter 12 character ROM key in RtVariables section of config.plist (12 characters without the space).
  • MLB: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ----> Enter 17 character MLB in RtVariables section and also in BoardSerialNumber SMBIOS key

If you don't specify a CustomUUID (in SystemParameters of your config.plist), then Clover will use the value in the SmUUID to inject as the system-id ---> HardwareID will be different to SmUUID = system-id.

If you use the system-id from the "donor" Mac as the CustomUUID (and set InjectSystemID to true in SystemParameters), you can then enter the Mac's PlatformUUID in the SmUUID field (in SMBIOS section of Clover's config.plist).  In this case, PlatformUUID=HardwareID=SmUUID, CustomUUID = system-id

Another quirk with Clover is that if you don't specify a ROM value in the RTVariables section, it will use the last 12 digits of the SmUUID as the ROM.  Also, if you omit the MLB value,  Clover uses the Main Board Serial Number in the SMBIOS section to inject as the MLB.

So for @heryts post#64, the values to enter into Clover Configurator are

MLB value = C02K7438DRVCN1S5A

ROM value =50465D3699A9  (UEZdNpmp if converted to BASE64 value)

System Serial = C02K7438DRVC

SmUUID value = 9DFF0000-3C12-0539-FFFF-50465D3699A9

Without providing a system-id value to use in the CustomUUID field, SmUUID will be injected as system-id ---> HardwareID will be different to SmUUID.

I hope the above was not too confusing :).

• Like 1

so what you actually need is mlb and mac address ethernet (off course ethernet must be en 0) fromregistered device or hardware on apple server, try this and i hope it will solve your iMessage login issue, except for amd machine, i don't know how it works

if you're using clover, make sure you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in drivers64UEFI's folder

1. open clover configurator 

2. goto Rt Variables section, put MLB value = C02K7438DRVCN1S5A and ROM value = UEZdNpmp

3. goto SMBIOS section, put SmUUID value = 9DFF0000-3C12-0539-FFFF-50465D3699A9

4. and then reboot

if you're using chameleon, make sure you have nvram-smuuid.plist (example on my notebook is nvram.9dff0000-3c12-0539-ffff-50465d3699a9.plist) in Extra's folder, if you don't have, try to find working nvram module for your hardware (currently i'm using nvram.lib 1.1.3 and chameleon 2377)

1. open terminal

2. sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB=C02K7438DRVCN1S5A

3. sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=PF]6%99%a9

or alternatively you can manually edit file above with text editor (I'm using PlistEditor) and change MLB value (without quote) = "QzAySzc0MzhEUlZDTjFTNUE=" and ROM value (without quote) = "UEZdNpmp"

4. and then reboot

just tried this and now I'm unable to boot....It's stuck on the apple logo and the progress bar is half way (I use Clover)

Just tried to boot up in Verbose mode and it looks like its getting stuck at:-

Waiting for DSMOS

Help!!!

After August 4th, my imessages and facetime doesnt work.

pop up message always show up that i should contact Customer Support with customer code.

i did and its working now.

when anybody get this kind of error since august.

the solution is just call the customer support.

its apple problem not your computer  :hysterical:

• Like 1

That's right, hafudo, I can confirm this, I'd received the error a couple of hours ago, and I just called Apple Care and the problem is solved.

For the ones who are getting the "Call Customer Support..." or something like that on iMessage Activation, you will be getting this error even if you add a valid credit card info to your account. You just have to call Apple and give them the error code you got, and they will ask you for some information to verify the account. Don't lie to them, give your full details if it's asked, as you did when you created your Apple ID Account. When you give them your serial number, they will not find it on their database, so they will try another method and after one minute or so you will have your id validated with iMessages and Facetime working in your hackintosh.

• 1 month later...

I tried everything here and nothing worked, but I did find a solution and this solution does NOT require access to another Mac! It's the same method from Mavericks, but it will only work for iCloud/App Store (iMessage doesn't work):

1. Go to system preferences, network, click on the Ethernet network adapter, click the minus button at the bottom, hit apply.*

2. Go to /Library/Preferences/System Configuration/NetworkInterfaces.Plist and delete it or move it somewhere else. (just in case)

3. Open up EFI studio (Download: http://cl.ly/2s3Y0K1n0d2g2s222V1P), change device to Ethernet, then click add device. Click write to com.apple.boot.plist then put the app to the side for now.*

4. Copy this: 

<key>device-properties</key>

<string></string> 

5. Paste that in your org.Chameleon.boot.plist file which is located in /extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist. The key and the string match up with the others. Go back to the EFI Studio editor.

6. Copy the long number at the bottom and paste it in between the two strings in your chameleon boot plist file.

7. Save & Restart*

8. Go in to system preferences, then network, then click the plus button at the bottom.

9. Click add in the window that pops up. It should say "Ethernet". If it has "en1" or "en0" after it, then repeat the above steps.

10. After adding that hit apply and restart one last time.*

11. Go to Safari to check that you're getting internet connectivity, then continue signing into iCloud and/or the App Store!

I solved the "an error occurred" error and "Call support" error... My iMessage is now accessible, but I can not yet send any message to anyone. Every time I try to send message, it shows me this error below...

post-1401476-0-60672700-1414045441_thumb.png

hi guys,

with my fresh yosemite install I can't log in into iMessage (iCloud etc works) "can't activate iMessage right now - try again later". So I'm going to get MLB and ROM etc from my GFs old macbook.

My question is: Can I throw in a genuine iMac Serial Number into that mix so that my hackintosh is still recognized as an iMac? Or do all the values/serials HAVE to come from the same genuine Apple device? Thanks!

hi guys,

with my fresh yosemite install I can't log in into iMessage (iCloud etc works) "can't activate iMessage right now - try again later". So I'm going to get MLB and ROM etc from my GFs old macbook.

My question is: Can I throw in a genuine iMac Serial Number into that mix so that my hackintosh is still recognized as an iMac? Or do all the values/serials HAVE to come from the same genuine Apple device? Thanks!

Hi,

ich habe es gemischt: iMac von CLOVER und MLB sowie ROM vom meinem originalen MacBook. Funktioniert. und der iMac bleibt ein iMac.

• Like 1

hi guys,

I thought this must be done if the real mac has the same model as our hackbook smbios... and I do read someone posted something about how it must be genuine and from the same Apple device...

thanks for the answers. Both didn't work for me :( I'm in queue with the apple hotline now...

edit: the customer care rep was already familiar with the problem. I had to tell him the code and my apple id and log in to apple id to tell him a security code. He did not ask about the serial number but the machine before I got connected to him did but the machine didn't understand what I was saying and redirected me anyway. Yay!

edit: the customer care rep was already familiar with the problem. I had to tell him the code and my apple id and log in to apple id to tell him a security code. He did not ask about the serial number but the machine before I got connected to him did but the machine didn't understand what I was saying and redirected me anyway. Yay!

I got a customer code too. But because I talked to apple 1 month before (for another customer code), I decided to try the other way: SMBIOS according to my hackintosh (with an iMac serial), and only ROM and MLB-values from my registered original MacBook. And I was surprised, iMessage worked immediately. I don't know about Facetime, because there is no camera connected to my Hack.

probably once you've talked to apple about that, it will take another XX installs to 'blacklist' you again. I asked the guy if I landed on a blacklist and he said: "Well, it's not really a blacklist but when the service registers a lot of different devices for an apple ID, there's some kind of protection." He didn't seem eager to elaborate further so I didn't want to push it. I guess depending on how many installs we did in the last months/years with our apple ID, we will sooner or later run into that problem. Changing ROM/MLB helps sometimes because then the script recognizes it as a new device.

All in all, it wasn't a big deal talking to apple on the phone (wait time was 10-15 mins) and he wasn't suspicious or anything. He just said "oh yeah I know this problem - you probably just installed Yosemite, right?"

Well, a bummer just happened to my hackbook. Last night my iMessage was working great but this afternoon when I try to log into Facetime, it won't let me in and when I check iMessage, it says "Offline" in the recent messages tab and says "iMessage (Inactive)" so I go to Preferences and my guess was right, I logged out of my AppleID.

I tried to log in again but it gave me the old "An error occured during activation" warning and still won't let me in.

I go back to Apple Support website and decided to ask them about this problem, but when I want to use the Serial Number (I found on the net and been using it like 3 times already to activate my AppleID), it says that it wasn't a valid serial number. So I can't use it... even though I can still use any other serial number around the net, I can't still talk to AppleCare because I need the Customer Code if I want them to activate it.

Anyone can help me out? I'm trying anything I could possibly do to get iMessage back and working well.

From my experience, you need a ROM & MLB from a real mac. Serial number is not _that_ important. I accidentally loaded an old clover config file with the same serial number but other ROM / MLB values (the 77777..) and iMessages stopped working even though Apple just freed my account. I didn't even get a customer code.

So I switched the ROM / MLB to the one Apple service accepted and it worked again.

justniell, change your MLB / ROM and check if you get a customer code

Well, a bummer just happened to my hackbook. Last night my iMessage was working great but this afternoon when I try to log into Facetime, it won't let me in and when I check iMessage, it says "Offline" in the recent messages tab and says "iMessage (Inactive)" so I go to Preferences and my guess was right, I logged out of my AppleID.

I tried to log in again but it gave me the old "An error occured during activation" warning and still won't let me in.

I go back to Apple Support website and decided to ask them about this problem, but when I want to use the Serial Number (I found on the net and been using it like 3 times already to activate my AppleID), it says that it wasn't a valid serial number. So I can't use it... even though I can still use any other serial number around the net, I can't still talk to AppleCare because I need the Customer Code if I want them to activate it.

Anyone can help me out? I'm trying anything I could possibly do to get iMessage back and working well.

Okey, So I can only help you if you are on clover!

If so, first thing to check: Is your Serial a real serial?? Use https://selfsolve.apple.com/ and enter the serial! If you don't get an error, you are using a real apple serial.

This means we will have to change that first: Mount your EFI partition and open the clover config.plist in clover configurator.

Go to the Tab with SMBIOS. Select the little magic wand. There you should choose the most appropriate BIOS for your System (example: iMac (13,2)).

It should generate you some bios. On the right side, above the serial you need to shake the Week of Manufacturer and Unit number to get an unique serial number. 

Click okey and reenter the serial on https://selfsolve.apple.com/ to check if it exists or not. 

Repeat this step until you get an error Message.

Now, on the same SMBIOS page you see an empty field SmUUID. We need to insert something here. For this step, open Terminal and type following: uuidgen

This will generate something similar to this: 3F27761C-B32C-4B6A-91F0-D5DD8B70F691

Copy it and paste it into SmUUID.

One last step is required: We need a unique Board Serial Number!

For this step, just take your unique serial and add Various Numbers/letters (Alphanumeric generator...), so that it is 17letters/digits long!!!

Okey, now that this is done, move to the Rt Variables Section and delete any value if there are some present!!!

Click save.

Now log out of iMessage, disconnect your PC form the internet and reboot (with crossed fingers :D ).

Do it multiple times and check if all your IDs stay the same! If so, reconnect to the internet.

You will need to relogin to icloud and imessage.

Probably you will need to call the Customer Support, when you try to login to iMessage.

If it's so, don't worry!

All you need, is a valid apple Serial from a Real mac. This is only needed to associate your case with a device. Explain, that you get an error while trying to log in to imessage. They will ask your for the Customer-Code (Something like 9378-3847-3904). After that all should work!

Hope it helped you out a bit, did work for me a lot of times.

Greets

I am having trouble keeping my Imessage signed in after leaving the computer asleep overnight.  I usually turn it off, but sometimes I forget.  Why would leaving my Hackintosh asleep overnight cause me to have to sign into imessage again. Then of course it gives me a message to call Apple customer support again.  Basically I cannot sign out of imessage either by choice or not by choice. Any ideas?

I am having trouble keeping my Imessage signed in after leaving the computer asleep overnight.  I usually turn it off, but sometimes I forget.  Why would leaving my Hackintosh asleep overnight cause me to have to sign into imessage again. Then of course it gives me a message to call Apple customer support again.  Basically I cannot sign out of imessage either by choice or not by choice. Any ideas?

if it gives you the Call Apple Support again, this might mean, that your IDs are changing! Control with iMessageDebug if your ID's are always the same! If not follow my guide just above your post, this should fix it. 

It seems like I have 3 Imac computers listed under my icloud.com, settings online.  I also noticed that my current Imac was called Imac 2 and now it is called Imac 3. I did check my imessage debug and all values look the same as what I saved a few days ago.  Something is changing after sleeping for so long which is triggering signing into imessage again and then having to call apple support.  How can I remove the imac computers with previous serial #'s of my Icloud account?  Thanks for any help. 

post-871822-0-07302700-1414930969_thumb.png

It seems like I have 3 Imac computers listed under my icloud.com, settings online.  I also noticed that my current Imac was called Imac 2 and now it is called Imac 3. I did check my imessage debug and all values look the same as what I saved a few days ago.  Something is changing after sleeping for so long which is triggering signing into imessage again and then having to call apple support.  How can I remove the imac computers with previous serial #'s of my Icloud account?  Thanks for any help. 

But the Apple Support Code is also always the same?

If yes, check if your Serial is from a real mac

And also check the SmUUID, it should not only contain numbers!

Leodaniel - Thanks for following up on my imessage issue.  It looks like my SmUUID contains numbers and letters and was formulated using terminal and a command that was recommended in some other post.  My serial # was created using chameleon wizard and when checked online brings up a 27" Imac with similar specs to my machine.  

post-871822-0-04239100-1414932235_thumb.png

Leodaniel - Thanks for following up on my imessage issue.  It looks like my SmUUID contains numbers and letters and was formulated using terminal and a command that was recommended in some other post.  My serial # was created using chameleon wizard and when checked online brings up a 27" Imac with similar specs to my machine.  

Okey but, did you check if it is a valid apple serial form a real product? Check it out here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/

Because if it is, this is a big problem.