158 posts in this topic

It seems Trim Enabler remains persistent so far, seems to working fine in 10.10.3 Clover Patch Method.

Hi, just a curiosity, I have on my plist the bellow Clover Trim patch, which seems different than the one posted here....but I'm not sure if that should be considered a problem or not. I got trim working, but....does it works with different patches?

==

<key>Comment</key>

<string>TRIM Enabler</string>

<key>Find</key>

<data>

AEFQUExFIFNTRAA=

</data>

<key>Name</key>

<string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=

</data>

===

Nope same patch as mine.  If you use Clover Configurator, what you will enter and see is Hex rather than Base64 exactly as you posted.  I checked my Clover Config and its exactly as yours is.   The config file will show Base64 because Clover converts it to Base64.

Hi Guys,

I just installed 10.10.3 via Chamelon and did the Patch using method 2. Unfortunately I ended up with 

"Mac Kernel overflows available space. System halted" during bootup.

I managed to boot using "ignore caches" and (hopefelly) restored the orignal file via those 3 commands

sudo cp /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage.bak  /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache -/System/Library/Kernels/kernel /System/Library/Extensions

However, I still can't boot without the Kernel overflow error. Any idea on how to fix that?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I just installed 10.10.3 via Chamelon and did the Patch using method 2. Unfortunately I ended up with 

"Mac Kernel overflows available space. System halted" during bootup.

I managed to boot using "ignore caches" and (hopefelly) restored the orignal file via those 3 commands

sudo cp /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage.bak  /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache -/System/Library/Kernels/kernel /System/Library/Extensions

However, I still can't boot without the Kernel overflow error. Any idea on how to fix that?

Thanks

You can use the application in Download section.

• Like 1

I upgraded to 10.10.3 last night along with updating Clover to the latest release and updating FakeSMC to the latest.  Something I did caused my TRIM clover patch to break.

I can't seem to figure it out.  I'm going to try rolling back Clover, but does anyone know why this is a problem?

EDIT: Solved the problem.  All I had to do was apply the Clover patch, and do a COMPLETE shutdown.  I was always doing a reboot, which apparently isn't enough...

• 4 weeks later...
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x00\x41\x50\x50\x4c\x45\x20\x53\x53\x44\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00|'

can anyone tell me whever can I find this command documents,I wanna patch some other file.

You could start with the built-in manual pages...

-> from Terminal:

man perl

In fact I have "man perl" to get the answer,but I see there is only tutorials.I googled wrong keyword and don't get the answer.Now I get the answer.e for command line i for edit p for loop. s for search other things is hex.

Just wanted to say thanks. 3rd method + Clover Configurator works perfectly.

A few days ago I used the kext patch method I found elsewhere. It enabled TRIM alright, but broke my sleep -- the computer would wake, then promptly reboot with a kernel panic. Undoing it somehow broke my Magic Mouse and I spent a few hours reinstalling kexts, rebuilding cache, etc. until I got it back.

The 3rd method + Clover Configurator just works. Which makes me very happy. :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks. 3rd method + Clover Configurator works perfectly.

A few days ago I used the kext patch method I found elsewhere. It enabled TRIM alright, but broke my sleep -- the computer would wake, then promptly reboot with a kernel panic. Undoing it somehow broke my Magic Mouse and I spent a few hours reinstalling kexts, rebuilding cache, etc. until I got it back.

The 3rd method + Clover Configurator just works. Which makes me very happy. :)

Same as you,3rd method + Clover Configurator

4th method does for me next issue:

Screen_Shot_2015_06_14_at_03_21_37.png

Anyone can tell me what this means?

Need to reboot :)

I rebooted many times and always same result :(

I also tried with Chameleon SSD Optimizer but after reboot everything is the same.

Kext is patched with ##### 7.3 version 

I have a feeling that my OSX don't recognize my disk as SSD type of disk.

Well, strange thing is according to MB manual as well as Windows on the same machine my controller is set in AHCI mode. AHCI works in Windows for me and some info apps for Windows recognized my disk as SSD. Is there any way to force AHCI mode during OSX boot?