• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

howoarang

howoarang

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

I used 3rd method from 1st page of this topic. I have Dell Latitude e6500 with Yosemite 10.10 Final, SSD 128GB Samsung, bootloader Clover.

TRIM seems to be ENABLED, but is it really TRUE? I think, it is cosmetic correction.

If I run newest TRIM Enabler.app (version 3.3), I got message:

"The patch is not active, but Trim is working. You probably have an Apple SSD, which supports Trim by default."

But I and everyone knows, that in Hackintosh are 3rd Party SSD used, not from Apple SSD.

Does everyone know, how to determine if TRIM really works?

WinstonAce

WinstonAce

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
You can check in system profiler

Marchrius

Marchrius

Lo scippatore di emozioni

• Pandora Team
  • 360 posts
  • Interests:Studente di Informatica.
    Passione/Hobby: Informatica in generale, hackintosh, musica Rock...

I used 3rd method from 1st page of this topic. I have Dell Latitude e6500 with Yosemite 10.10 Final, SSD 128GB Samsung, bootloader Clover.
TRIM seems to be ENABLED, but is it really TRUE? I think, it is cosmetic correction.

If I run newest TRIM Enabler.app (version 3.3), I got message:
"The patch is not active, but Trim is working. You probably have an Apple SSD, which supports Trim by default."

But I and everyone knows, that in Hackintosh are 3rd Party SSD used, not from Apple SSD.
Does everyone know, how to determine if TRIM really works?

In System Informations -> SATA -> SSD -> TRIM enabled.

It's not a cosmetic patch. The trim effectively works. You van test it by removing and using the computer. It will be slower than trim enabled one.

crusher.

crusher.

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Yes all works on 10.10 for me.

xtraa

xtraa

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Troubleshooting for users with and w/o Fusiondrive or incompatible devices that doesn't boot up after patching

First I would not recommend using the patch with a FusionDrive in general. You have a good chance to prolly or most likely end up with a non-bootable second part of your Fusiondrive, because the IOAHCIBlockstorage is responsible for booting it up.  

1. For Clover:

Connect the SDD via USB to another Hackintosh or Mac with at least ML or Y, (or boot up into Recovery-USB if you have it), fire up Diskutility with debug-mode ON  (google), mount the EFI partition and comment out or delete the patch in the EFI Clover config.plist.

2. For Chameleon:

If you did the patch and modified your IOAHCIFamily.kext, delete it from the kextfolder and replace (or copy) the original kext version from the working Hack/Mac/installation S/L/E with cp -pR 

3. For Fusiondrive (Chameleon and Clover)

Connect the first part (SSD) AND the second part (HDD) of your FusionDrive to the working Hackintosh or Mac, and repair the partition table of the Fusiondrive with Diskutility (just select the drive and click the repair button). Additionally, do Step 1. for Clover and FusionDrive or step 2. for Chameleon and FusionDrive.

Note for UEFI users: No matter what, always boot from the UEFI detected devices via your PCs bootmenu.

After that you should be able to boot your system again. :)

Hacaira2

Hacaira2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Hello,

I used Trim enabler on Yosemite in order to active trim on my SSD.

Everything went fine, but after reboot, Trim Enabler is reporting that Trim is disabled and ask if I want to enable it again.

In System Information it was reported has disabled so I did the procedure again (using Trim Enabler).

After reboot, same thing, Trim Enabler report Trim has disabled. BUT, In System Information it is now reported has enabled.

How to make sure it is really enabled?

And what about kext signing? Is there a way to verify the kext signing status?

Thank U

OS X 10.10 (14A389) - Yosemite. - H87N-Wifi - 8 GB XMS - 128 Kingston SSD - I3 Haswell - HD4600

Marchrius

Marchrius

• Pandora Team
  • 360 posts

Hello,

I used Trim enabler on Yosemite in order to active trim on my SSD.
Everything went fine, but after reboot, Trim Enabler is reporting that Trim is disabled and ask if I want to enable it again.
In System Information it was reported has disabled so I did the procedure again (using Trim Enabler).
After reboot, same thing, Trim Enabler report Trim has disabled. BUT, In System Information it is now reported has enabled.

How to make sure it is really enabled?
And what about kext signing? Is there a way to verify the kext signing status?

Thank U

OS X 10.10 (14A389) - Yosemite. - H87N-Wifi - 8 GB XMS - 128 Kingston SSD - I3 Haswell - HD4600

If you see trim enabled yes in system profiler then the trim is enabled.

Anyway, if you sue clover i suggest you to use third method and remove alla the others methods (fox example TRIM Eabler) because is simpliest and easiest method. If you use chameleon you can mod the kext by yourself with first one.

coffee5

coffee5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Method 3 worked for me on 10.10 ~ thanks!

For super noobs (like me), I'd like to add that you have to properly replace the kext (I used Kext Utility) as well as updating the config.plist file.

Hacaira2

Hacaira2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

If you see trim enabled yes in system profiler then the trim is enabled.

Anyway, if you sue clover i suggest you to use third method and remove alla the others methods (fox example TRIM Eabler) because is simpliest and easiest method. If you use chameleon you can mod the kext by yourself with first one.

Thanks for the answer.

I am under Chameleon and 'll keep it like that because it is working like a charm.

okrahere

okrahere

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Worked great with final release - 10.10. I used the clover method. Ran it one very small problem for folks that edit "config.plist" manually.

Don't add another <array></array> entry if you have one already in <key>KextsToPatch</key>.

I added another one and it did not work at first went back and removed the <array></array> so that I had only one <array></array> entry in in <key>KextsToPatch</key>. Everything worked liked a charm.

Thanks again!

audi0fly

audi0fly

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm using clover and tried the 3 method but nothing happens :?

Any Ideas ?

Attached Files

flkflorin

flkflorin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

i try all 3 solution and no one seems to work , i was failed to boot again Yosemite after i did try thowse and need a fresh install...

What else can i do ?

cuthead

cuthead

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Whistle

i try all 3 solution and no one seems to work , i was failed to boot again Yosemite after i did try thowse and need a fresh install...

What else can i do ?

Me too,boot failed.don't know how to fix.

VirusX

VirusX

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 465 posts

I'm using clover and tried the 3 method but nothing happens :?

Any Ideas ?

my config.plist looks like this:

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Trim Enabler</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>QVBQTEUgU1NE</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>AAAAAAAAAAAA</data>
			</dict>

I'm not sure why it's different but mine works for me...

Marchrius

Marchrius

• Pandora Team
  • 360 posts

Me too,boot failed.don't know how to fix.

What else can i do ?

Post your config.plist

cuthead

cuthead

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 646 posts

Post your config.plist

I used method 2 and method 3,then I boot yosemite fail.I think modified IOAHCIBlockStorage doesn't work.I have change IOAHCIBlockStorage.bak name to IOAHCIBlockStorage,but it still boot fail.I think it need rebuild kext cache to boot.But I dont know how.By the way like my fakesmc.kext in \EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10 doesn't work either,because I boot yosemite with long time before use method 2.

Attached Files

d620osx

d620osx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Thank you OP, method 3 worked for me. In system prefs trim enabled is shown as yes.

kvonlinee

kvonlinee

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

I try method 3, modify IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext is not working for me. I try the software trim enabler, it work great for me.

edit: I got it working on clover at replace with long 0 series

Edited by kvonlinee, 16 December 2014 - 02:14 AM.

cuthead

cuthead

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 646 posts

Post your config.plist

When I boot verbose mode I get still waiting for root device and this prohibitory sign.please help

I use another Yosemite,run follow command to fix the problem.

cd "/Volumes/Macintosh HD"
touch System/Library/Extensions
kextcache -prelinked-kernel System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache -K System/Library/Kernels/kernel System/Library/Extensions 

I use method 2 and find some error

your command lose "s" in "com.apple.kext.caches"

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.cache/Startup/kernelcache -K /System/Library/Kernels/kernel /System/Library/Extensions

this is correct one

touch /System/Library/Extensions
kextcache -prelinked-kernel /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache -K /System/Library/Kernels/kernel /System/Library/Extensions 

I think this is why my Yosemite crashed.Now my Yosemite SSD TRIM works well.

Attached Files

flkflorin

flkflorin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

cuthead good job , its work !!!!

This is what i do to work , i used method 2 :

sudo cp /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage.bak

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x00\x41\x50\x50\x4c\x45\x20\x53\x53\x44\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00|' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

touch /System/Library/Extensions
kextcache -prelinked-kernel /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache -K /System/Library/Kernels/kernel /System/Library/Extensions 

Thanks !!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trim, enable trim, ssd, non-apple sad, ioahcifamily, ioahciblockstorage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy