158 posts in this topic

I'm using clover and tried the 3 method but nothing happens :?

Any Ideas ?

my config.plist looks like this:

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Trim Enabler</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>QVBQTEUgU1NE</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>AAAAAAAAAAAA</data>
			</dict>

I'm not sure why it's different but mine works for me...

Me too,boot failed.don't know how to fix.

i try all 3 solution and no one seems to work , i was failed to boot again Yosemite after i did try thowse and need a fresh install...

What else can i do ?

Post your config.plist
  • Like 1

Post your config.plist

I used method 2 and method 3,then I boot yosemite fail.I think modified IOAHCIBlockStorage doesn't work.I have change IOAHCIBlockStorage.bak name to IOAHCIBlockStorage,but it still boot fail.I think it need rebuild kext cache to boot.But I dont know how.By the way like my fakesmc.kext in \EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10 doesn't work either,because I boot yosemite with long time before use method 2.

config.plist.txt

Post your config.plist

When I boot verbose mode I get still waiting for root device and this prohibitory sign.please help

I use another Yosemite,run follow command to fix the problem.

cd "/Volumes/Macintosh HD"
touch System/Library/Extensions
kextcache -prelinked-kernel System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache -K System/Library/Kernels/kernel System/Library/Extensions 

I use method 2 and find some error

your command lose "s" in "com.apple.kext.caches"

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.cache/Startup/kernelcache -K /System/Library/Kernels/kernel /System/Library/Extensions

this is correct one

touch /System/Library/Extensions
kextcache -prelinked-kernel /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache -K /System/Library/Kernels/kernel /System/Library/Extensions 

I think this is why my Yosemite crashed.Now my Yosemite SSD TRIM works well.

post-236960-0-98340600-1414400865.gif

post-236960-0-14244400-1414680898_thumb.png

• Like 2

cuthead good job , its work !!!!

This is what i do to work , i used method 2 :

sudo cp /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage.bak

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x00\x41\x50\x50\x4c\x45\x20\x53\x53\x44\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00|' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

kextcache -prelinked-kernel /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache -K /System/Library/Kernels/kernel /System/Library/Extensions 

Thanks !!!
  • Like 2

When I boot verbose mode I get still waiting for root device and this prohibitory sign.please help

I use another Yosemite,run follow command to fix the problem.

cd "/Volumes/Macintosh HD"
touch System/Library/Extensions
kextcache -prelinked-kernel System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache -K System/Library/Kernels/kernel System/Library/Extensions 

I use method 2 and find some error

your command lose "s" in "com.apple.kext.caches"

sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.cache/Startup/kernelcache -K /System/Library/Kernels/kernel /System/Library/Extensions

this is correct one

I think this is why my Yosemite crashed.Now my Yosemite SSD TRIM works well.

OPS! Sorry! Thanks, first post corrected! :)

I used 3rd method from 1st page of this topic. I have Dell Latitude e6500 with Yosemite 10.10 Final, SSD 128GB Samsung, bootloader Clover.

TRIM seems to be ENABLED, but is it really TRUE? I think, it is cosmetic correction.

If I run newest TRIM Enabler.app (version 3.3), I got message:

"The patch is not active, but Trim is working. You probably have an Apple SSD, which supports Trim by default."

But I and everyone knows, that in Hackintosh are 3rd Party SSD used, not from Apple SSD.

Does everyone know, how to determine if TRIM really works?

I got the same message from TRIM Enabler,I think it works.

cuthead good job , its work !!!!

This is what i do to work , i used method 2 :

sudo cp /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage.bak

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x00\x41\x50\x50\x4c\x45\x20\x53\x53\x44\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00|' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

Thanks !!!

You are welcome :)

OPS! Sorry! Thanks, first post corrected! :)

Thanks for your good job.

• Like 2

So, we have to first copy the patched kext and then use method 2 ?

Or is it enough the 2nd method only ?

Only one method. So if you want to use method 2 follow the instruction for method 2.

A tips: if you have Clover use the 3rd method :)

Hi,

Firstly i used trim enabler without success at first reboot. It wrotes kext dev in nvram but get stucked at reboot : pci configuration be...

Then i used your clover method. I experienced some boots stucked at pci configuration be.. now it is gone, but i still don't explain it.

Is there a relation when you alter the kext and pci configuration begin?

Hi,

Firstly i used trim enabler without success at first reboot. It wrotes kext dev in nvram but get stucked at reboot : pci configuration be...

Then i used your clover method. I experienced some boots stucked at pci configuration be.. now it is gone, but i still don't explain it.

Is there a relation when you alter the kext and pci configuration begin?

I think the problem was the kernelcache. Trim enabler is for real mac, on hackintosh you fan have some problem.
  • Like 1

HELP !!

I followed method 2, the terminal reported some errors during step 4, then I reboot and now, after chameleon loading, the system says:

kernel overflow ... (something else), this is not a recoverable error, system halted.

I restored the original kext with no luck, please, help me.

Ok, now I can boot, but, this is the situation: I have a string in chameleon boot plist that link to an adress, to charge the kernel cache at boot. I also changed the bootchache plist in usr/standalone to allow a new preferred decompression "lzss"

This is the string

<key>Kernel Cache</key>
<string>/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache</string>

In this way chamaleon can load the kernel cache at boot, but probably the last command changed something.

So I deleted the string and replaced the old bootcache, and I can boot.

Now I'd like to delete the effect of the last command, so I can reload cache at boot.

Can you please give me some infos (anche in italiano :) )

HELP !!

I followed method 2, the terminal reported some errors during step 4, then I reboot and now, after chameleon loading, the system says:

kernel overflow ... (something else), this is not a recoverable error, system halted.

I restored the original kext with no luck, please, help me.

Ok, now I can boot, but, this is the situation: I have a string in chameleon boot plist that link to an adress, to charge the kernel cache at boot. I also changed the bootchache plist in usr/standalone to allow a new preferred decompression "lzss"

This is the string

Kernel Cache

/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache

In this way chamaleon can load the kernel cache at boot, but probably the last command changed something.

So I deleted the string and replaced the old bootcache, and I can boot.

Now I'd like to delete the effect of the last command, so I can reload cache at boot.

Can you please give me some infos (anche in italiano :) )

If there are errors during steps you mustn't reboot the system. You had problem with rebuilding kernelcache. Check if you have entered the correct command and check if all the Kext have the correct permissions and owner (755 and root:wheel), check if you have the kernel in /System/Library/Kernels/kernel. If not you have problem.

Se ci sono problemi durante i passaggi non devi riavviare il sistema. Tu hai avuto problemi nel ricreare la kernelcache. Controlla di aver inserito correttamente il comando, controlla i permessi e il proprietario dei kext (755 e root:wheel), controlla che tu abbia il kernel in /System/Library/Kernels/kernel. Se tutti questi passaggi non sono corretti hai sicuramente problemi.

I used Trim Enabler Utility on my very first installation, open the switch to ON ,reboot, rebuild kernelcache via terminal and reboot again and the Trim support worked.

I am using Chameleon and Kernel Flag kext-dev-mode=1

On 10.10.1 update though i forgot the Trim issue,so i did the installation but the system didin't hang on boot,don't know why.Worked like a charm.

The Trim of course was set to OFF and tried the same trick with Trim Enabler utility but with no success . Tried 3-4 times to reboot but nothing happened.

So i uses method 2--Reboot and everything went just fine.

What's the procedure i have to do every time before an update to ensure that nothing will go wrong ?

I mean, do i have to disable Trim ( don't know how...) update---Run method 2 again and rebuild kernel cache and reboot ?

I used Trim Enabler Utility on my very first installation, open the switch to ON ,reboot, rebuild kernelcache via terminal and reboot again and the Trim support worked.

I am using Chameleon and Kernel Flag kext-dev-mode=1

On 10.10.1 update though i forgot the Trim issue,so i did the installation but the system didin't hang on boot,don't know why.Worked like a charm.

The Trim of course was set to OFF and tried the same trick with Trim Enabler utility but with no success . Tried 3-4 times to reboot but nothing happened.

So i uses method 2--Reboot and everything went just fine.

What's the procedure i have to do every time before an update to ensure that nothing will go wrong ?

I mean, do i have to disable Trim ( don't know how...) update---Run method 2 again and rebuild kernel cache and reboot ?

To re-enable trim after an update you must simply re-run the application and enable it. 

iceage2609, I continues using Trim Enabler (3.2.6) in 10.10.1 and it is ok.

what I have done , in very upgrade that turn off Trim

1. run Trim enabler, turn on and reboot.

2. it writes a "wrong" script of kext-dev-mode=1 to com.apple.Boot.plist. This will cause a boot error , "wait for 5 seconds" during Chameleon boot.

3. reboot and check Trim is on... if not turn it on again and reboot... then check....if it is on...Then fix the error.

3.  fix it by replacing 

com.apple.Boot.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist to the original one.

4. reboot.

I think Trim Enabler will check if there is an update to com.apple.Boot.plist before it will enable Trim.. you did not replace the error and so it will not turn on when you did the update.