Kernel Panic due to AppleOSXWatchdog.kext

JCsHands

6 posts in this topic

I have been using Clover as my bootloader for quite some time now, I was able to install Yosemite, copy the FakeSMC, and later a NullCPU, kext over to the /S/L/E of my new installation, but no matter the combination of flags or boot args, I can't get past this kernel panic. I can boot into single user mode, ensure FakeSMC is running, watch as DSMOS arrive and NVIDIA starts, but then I get the kernel panic and have to restart. 

Adding some new found information. 

It looks like the issue has something to do with AppleOSXWatchdog.kext. I am attaching a screenshot, or the video I recorded while trying to catch the actual error. 

watchdog.png

Has anyone else run into this issue? 

This is on my Dell Vostro 270

CPU: i3-3220

GPU: NVIDIA GT 610

I am attaching my Clover Config, I have been manually modifying the boot args each time to just "kext-dev-mode=1 -s"

Edited by JCsHands

I resolved the issue, I had to remove the Intel Vide drivers. Once those were out of the way it started to work. 

Where do you delete these "Intel Vide Drivers"?

Please im stuck here too and its so frustrating ive been trying to fix this for ages .. :/

Where do you delete these "Intel Vide Drivers"?Please im stuck here too and its so frustrating ive been trying to fix this for ages .. :/

Boot into Single User Mode, mount the drive "/sbin/mount -us /" move into the /S/L/E directory and then delete all the AppleIntelHD kexts.

rm -r AppleIntelHD*

Sorry I am on my iPad right now, if you need more help I can post more later.

• Like 1

Boot into Single User Mode, mount the drive "/sbin/mount -us /" move into the /S/L/E directory and then delete all the AppleIntelHD kexts.

rm -r AppleIntelHD*

Sorry I am on my iPad right now, if you need more help I can post more later.

Thank you sooo much!!

It works now!!! =D

But i do wonder how to fix the graphics..

Its very laggy wich it is not on Mavericks. Do you have any ideas?

I have GraphicsEnabler set to No, maybe it should be set to Yes? =)

• 2 weeks later...