Increase graphic performance without GPU support?

Derek12

6 posts in this topic

I had Mavericks with my unsupported Intel HD and it worked smooth as if the GPU were working (except obviously QE CI, Youtube videos and 3D games), now with Yosemite it's beyond usable and you can see the interface being drawn and the mouse cursor is jumping a lot and web browsing is almost impossible.

Both Mavericks and Yosemite had its Intel HD kext removed as they cause it to not boot. 

Is there some fix so I could use it until my new HD5450 arrives? Thanks

Fixed after installing my new HD5450 ,modified the AMD kext and changed SMBIOS to MacPro3.1 otherwise KP (now trying to figure how to make it permanent as Clover changes it again to MacPro5.1 and I have to edit each boot)

smooth as butter and the Dock glitch fixed, yay

post-767483-0-34597000-1402071459_thumb.png

Yeah.As for people who didn't get graphics running at first, that's exactly how they felt. Maybe the reason is that it's only the very first dp. Or behind the scenes Yosemite asks more for graphics just like the upgrade from ios6 to ios7. :D

• Like 1

Fixed after installing my new HD5450 ,modified the AMD kext and changed SMBIOS to MacPro3.1 otherwise KP (now trying to figure how to make it permanent as Clover changes it again to MacPro5.1 and I have to edit each boot)

smooth as butter and the Dock glitch fixed, yay

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-06-06 at 18.16.33.png

Which kexts did you modify to allow the graphics to work i have just installed Yosemite and tried using my 10.9.3 kext but they do not work

ph.

Probabily, I believe it's more graphic intensive (with those backgrounds gradients and so on) and the CPU (with the GPU disabled) can't cope with them!

bongmasterdarky.

You need to add your device ID in AMD5000Controller and AMDRadeonX3000 (In the latter case under "Cedar")  under <key>IOPCIMatch</key> You can use the stock ones not need to use the Mavericks ones! After that, repair permissions with Kext Wizard o Disk utilities and reboot.

ph.

Probabily, I believe it's more graphic intensive (with those backgrounds gradients and so on) and the CPU (with the GPU disabled) can't cope with them!

bongmasterdarky.

You need to add your device ID in AMD5000Controller and AMDRadeonX3000 (In the latter case under "Cedar")  under <key>IOPCIMatch</key> You can use the stock ones not need to use the Mavericks ones! After that, repair permissions with Kext Wizard o Disk utilities and reboot.

I see that you got your AMD card and stuff.just wondering if you every tried out this procedure http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/  to get the intelhd working the gma5700/hd1000